John Williams Evening at Pops

Donnelly24

One of John Williams concerts this spring at Symphony Hall WILL be taped for the series "Evening at Pops" The concert which will be taped will be.....

Spring Pops with John Williams

Boston Pops

May 24, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

Boston, MA

Air time and date to be anounced at a later time!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get the information on the Evening at Pops taping? Could you please post a link?

Feb. 23 is quickly approaching and I need to decide which concert to attend...

This is awesome. I'm gonna definately try to get to go. Boston is a GREAT city, with a great orchestra, that plays in a great hall!! I loved last time I went.

Well, until someone starts to plan, then nothing will get done, but ya no...he's only doin 5 concerts so odds are that someone here will be going to the same concert!

I thought we were doing weekend ones as well! That was so funny because I didn't look at the poster on who wrote "I Concur" I just figured it was you Ren..so yes Johnny you stole ren's line...It's all good!

kaspharm

Well, until someone starts to plan, then nothing will get done, but ya no...he's only doin 5 concerts so odds are that someone here will be going to the same concert!

I haven't made any plans just yet, cause I'm not really sure if I am going or not.... money.....ya know is an issue! But I am hoping to be able to set something up. Maybe we could all agree on a day/time and purchase seats together? Thats if.. ya know...you all wear deoderant!! :D

p. s. johnny that's my line.

Ren .... I offer a complete and utter retraction. The comment was

uttered totally without researching the fact, and was in no way 'fair' and

was motivated purely by basis of being 'original' and I deeply regret any distress that

my stealing of your comments may have caused you or your family...

...And I hereby undertake not to repeat any such plagerisims at any time

in the future.

LOL

And, I have changed said comment.

I dont think I'll be able to make it to any of his shows this season @ Symphony Hall...he is up there during "Hell Week" (the week before our concert at school)...I'm probably going to either the concert on June 5th, or July 2nd...

I'll be going Friday for sure, Saturday possibly. Would love to have a few words with anyone who will be there.

Will the music for friday be different from that on saturday? They are titled as different events.

If it is June 5th I might not be able to go. It is Brian's birthday and who knows what we would be doing..a trip back to our home might be an option. Let me know when the dates are and I can try to get them off from work..but we shall see..

kaspharm

I bought mine and kaspharm's tickets for the symphony. Friday - Hooray, Sat - Spring,

Hooray - Row G: 1B - CT 30-31

Spring - Row C: 1B - CT 1-2

Hope to see some people there.

actually i'm totally not sure what tickets i got. the website gave me an error, on my first order. . . .then i redid it for new seats and got an error again.. i'll have to call them.

i'll let you know for sure after a bit.

I got mine for May 21st!

Last year when I went I was at Orchestra 102 G. This year I wanted to try 1st balcony front right A 3 and 4. From there I think I'm almost on top of the orchestra. I'm bringing a friend this year and I want her to see everything. Orchestra sounds great and you're close to JW but you can't see much behind the strings...

I also wanted orchestra tickets for May 24 Evening at Pops. THEY'RE NOT SELLING THEM!!! All they have is second balcony. :) If you're going to go to an Evening at Pops taping, might as well be sitting somewhere where you could be seen on TV... otherwise it's just an ordinary concert with cranes going around and cameras hiding your view.

Hopefully they'll become available.

Anyhow. I'm off to see Howard Shore for the North American Premiere of his LOTR Symphony tonight at Salle Wilfrid Pelletier (Montreal's Symphony Hall). Orchestra 10th row (no tables). Hopefully John Williams will have a chance to come to Montreal. Howard Shore said it was one of his favorite orchestras, which is why he chose to premiere it here ahead of Columbus, London, Atlanta, and Seattle.

Attn. Ren.: If you find a cheap hotel, tell me because if I eventually get tickets to May 24 and have to stay 3 or 4 nights as a result, hotels will start getting expensive...

is anyone able to get through? server and phone lines jammed!

They must be overloaded with early-birds like us.

When I was trying to get tickets to Tanglewood's Film Night this summer, the website gave me errors all day. When I finally got through, the Shed was SOLD OUT! I hope it won't be the case for you guys for Symphony Hall. The best thing would be to call.

phew, i crisis solved for the day....

I am going to both, and if kristan can't go I'll find someone else.

Hooray: Row G 1BCT 34-35..

Spring: Row C 1BCT 1-2

Finally.

Hooray for Hollywood

Boston Pops

May 21, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

Row: S

Section: ORCH 5

Seat(s): 1 -1

Boston Pops

May 22, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

Row: G

Section: 1B CT

Seat(s): 24 -24

Neil

good idea neil..

Hooray for Hollywood

Boston Pops

May 21, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

Row: G

Seat(s): 34 -35

Boston Pops

May 22, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

Row: C

Seat(s): 1 -2

i almost did orchestra. . . .. . . .but didn't. . .damn.

I figured I could splurge the extra 6 bucks that night. Also the balcony seat I wanted that night was also the same perspective, so I figured "what the hell?". It looks like I'm dead center for "Spring Pops" though. :)

Neil