John Williams Evening at Pops

Donnelly24

It's ok neil........  you are just in a fit of excitment about getting tickets in boston. . and the fact that i'm going to be there.

I'm going to Boston? Oh crap! I thought these were London tickets.

Neil - who wants to hear "The March from Superman"

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil, you are going to start confusing people here . .. . .

Welcome to my world.... :)

BTW, I used the website to order my tickets. The pages loaded a little slow at first, but once I registered, I didn't have any problems.

Neil - who is really looking forward to going to Boston to hear this music

okay so i FINALLY got through...

So far:

Friday

second balcony, right side row A ~32

(we're college students... yah yah...)

Ren - any word on that extra ticket? can i get dibs? will definitely follow through on it if its offered.

NB - tickets are going FAST, that was the best i could do for $19... if anyone is looking to buy, keep dialing 888-266-1200 until you dont get a busy signal and stay on the line as long as need be.

After much trouble with the website, I finally got my tickets over the phone. I've never been to Symphony Hall and haven't been to Boston in over 15 years. I was at the Hollywood Bowl Award Gala and the E.T. 20th Anniversary premiere, which were both fantastic, so I have high expectations for my next John Williams concerts. Here's when I'm going:

Hooray for Hollywood

Boston Pops

May 19, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

ORCH Row E, Table 2

Spring Pops with John Williams

Boston Pops

May 22, 2004 8:00 PM

Symphony Hall

ORCH Row P, Table 2

well lo and behold there is a god. . . .

Thank you for your email.

Only one order went through.  We apologize for any inconvenience, and

have issued a credit for your service fees.  You will see a credit for

20.00 on your VISA statement.

Thank you for your interest in The Boston Pops

I have high expectations for my next John Williams concerts.

I just want to hear "The March from Superman". Anything else would just be bonus material. Of course, if he wants to premiere some Prisoner of Azkaban music I guess I wouldn't complain too much.

Oh, and maybe he can sneak in "The Enterprise". :)

Neil

POA POA POA

Well I'm not demanding POA. What if it sucks? "The March from Superman" is well known and well liked. Also, my favorite performance of the piece is conducted by Williams and performed by the Boston Pops.

Neil

That was yelled out at a Williams concert years ago.

Once at a Goldsmith concert, Jerry said they had no more music to perform, so someone yelled "Write something!".

Neil

Well, doesn't look like I'll be seeing Johnny up @ Symphony Hall this year...he is up there at a time of the year where it is way to busy for me to go to any concerts...I'm still going to a Pops concert and still looking forward to seeing the best orchestra in the world...Everyone going to see Johnny, ENJOY! I guess I'll be listening to the Saturday concert on the radio...

Strange, I got through fine...I had to wait a while for the site to load (it refreshed every 60 seconds) and once I got in, i was movin right along! The BSO has a great site, but the ticket purchesing system is crappy...I had a hell of a time tryin to get tickets for the Holiday Pops this past December.

Thanks Ren!!! I am hoping to go but I need to figure out the whole wedding thing at work first. I do want to go and I will do my best to be able to..I promise!

"k"

Good news...I might be going to the Saturday concert with my school's concert band as a trip the day after the concert so I'll have to get back to you on that! The lady from the Pops has us schedualed for a show, but hasn't sent us the stuff yet.