• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hoping to god for POA.

That would certainly be cool.

And Imperial March.

Yawn.

And Schindler's List, with Itzhak Perlman as guest soloist.

Double yawn.

Neil - who would like to hear some "off beat" Williams live

When you guys see Williams, do you generally get autographs and photos, and do you try to get a couple sentences of questions or conversation? When I went two years ago for the 70th, I didnt get a chance, although I saw him outside Symphony Hall beforehand giving autographs. I'm also not sure if he always comes out after the performance.

Just hoping to god for POA. And Imperial March. And Schindler's List, with Itzhak Perlman as guest soloist.

I'm also hoping he performs new HP music. Maybe a glimpse at Terminal as well...

I also wish he would play Hook again (as he did last year). It's always been my favorite composition of his and 4 minutes of a 2-hour concert doesn't seem like much to ask.

Anything from Star Wars would be nice. I only saw Duel of the Fates at Tanglewood this summer.

Judging from the press release, it seems as if he won't perform much of his own works on the 22nd and 24th since he wants to play Hermann and Mancini stuff and half the show would be devoted to the darn vocalists. I think it will go as follows:

Hooray for Hollywood: Hermann, Mancini, Williams

Spring Pops: Hermann, Mancini, vocalist stealing the show.

I'm glad I booked the 21st. When do program details get released? Last year I remember them being posted on johnwilliams.org long before the concerts.

Well the Pops dont normally release what they will be playing for their shows...always keeping it a suprise...and Tamara Smirnova is schedualed to be a soloist, she is an incredable violinist and the Boston Pops concertmaster, so SHE might be doing something from Schindlers List, as she has been known to do in the past. Or maybe a little far and away, or possibly a rarity from Sabrina...what else has williams done for solo violin? I'd really love to meet JW myself, I dont know how you would get to meet him...never seen him @ SH before...Yes Neil, mine came in yesturday for a different Pops concert but I'm going with a group to the 22nd show so I wont get them for a while...Brian Strokes Mitchel will be the soloist and I want to smack you all for saying the Stupid Soloist! Brian is probably the best Baritone singer that Broadway has right now!!!! He will be up @ Tanglewood w/ Johnny for the My Fair Lady show so maybe we'll get that snuck into the show! You all have to trust the Maestro, you love him as a composer and he known for play a lot of his music so just relax...and do you really think that he likes to ONLY play his music, you've got to remember that not everyone going is going JUST for Johnny...he's still second conductor w/ the Pops so he has to program for a wide ranged audience...This year is Johnny 25th season with the Pops (sense 1979 when he substituted for Arthur) so you gotta expect some of his best programing, he must be very excited about this year! But we all should be glad that were going to she him in Boston with the best and most entertaining and fun orchestra EVER!

PS. What is the offical list of people going...there are a lot of "yes I am" but we should make an offical list just so we can keep on top of that

Well the Pops dont normally release what they will be playing for their shows...always keeping it a suprise...and Tamara Smirnova is schedualed to be a soloist, she is an incredable violinist and the Boston Pops concertmaster, so SHE might be doing something from Schindlers List, as she has been known to do in the past.  Or maybe a little far and away, or possibly a rarity from Sabrina...what else has williams done for solo violin?  I'd really love to meet JW myself, I dont know how you would get to meet him...never seen him @ SH before...Yes Neil, mine came in yesturday for a different Pops concert but I'm going with a group to the 22nd show so I wont get them for a while...Brian Strokes Mitchel will be the soloist and I want to smack you all for saying the Stupid Soloist! Brian is probably the best Baritone singer that Broadway has right now!!!!  He will be up @ Tanglewood w/ Johnny for the My Fair Lady show so maybe we'll get that snuck into the show!  You all have to trust the Maestro, you love him as a composer and he known for play a lot of his music so just relax...and do you really think that he likes to ONLY play his music, you've got to remember that not everyone going is going JUST for Johnny...he's still second conductor w/ the Pops so he has to program for a wide ranged audience...This year is Johnny 25th season with the Pops (sense 1979 when he substituted for Arthur) so you gotta expect some of his best programing, he must be very excited about this year!  But we all should be glad that were going to she him in Boston with the best and most entertaining and fun orchestra EVER!

PS.  What is the offical list of people going...there are a lot of "yes I am" but we should make an offical list just so we can keep on top of that

Was that english?

:|

Neil

i'll post the list. . . .and if there are more people to add, i'll add it to this post. . . .

Diskobolus

Friday May 21st - 2nd balcony, Row A-B, 34-33, 32-31

Saturday May 22nd - 1st balcony, Row C, 16-18

Ray Barnsbury

May 21-Row A, Section 2B LT, Seat 53

May22- Row A, Section 2B RT, Seat 1

Donnelly

May 22 - ?????

Cardinal

May 19 - ORCH Row E, Table 2

May 22 - ORCH Row P, Table 2

Neil

May 21 - Row: S Section: ORCH 5 1

May 22 - Row: G Section: 1B CT 24

Ren

May 21, Row: G Section: 1B CT 34 -35

May 22, Row: C Section: 1B CT 1-2

Foxfan

May 21st

1st balcony front-right A 3 and 4

Trumpeteer

May 22nd - 1st balcony right, seats 49-50

Johnmusic

????????????

Here is a cheap hotel outside of Boston. It's in Bedford. I pretty sure I'll be staying there as may be Neil. We'll know for sure sometime soon. They have a website, search Best Western Sovereign Hotel

Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Bedford

340 Great Road

Bedford, Massachusetts, 01730, United States

Phone: 781-275-6700

Toll Free Reservations: 800-607-9876

Fax: 781-275-3011

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Neil, Ray and I pricelined the Boston Park Plaza Hotel for those nights.

we'll all have a meeting place for before/after the concert I'm sure. . . .

Neil:

Will any New England girls provide this simple service?

You are really self-selecting aren't you? (selective)

Will any New England girls provide this simple service?

You are really self-selecting aren't you? (selective)

The line in You Only Live Twice is "Your English girls would never provide this simple service." I was simply doing a play on words. ;)

Neil

Finally got my butt in gear and ordered my ticket! I was debating whether or not I would be going, as I would be spending a week in Boston two weeks before that. So getting another plane ticket and purchasing tickets was out of the question for a while. Then the friend I'm staying with reminded me of the concerts, and I quickly snatched up:

1st balcony right, seats 49-50.

I'm excited. I thought I'd have to wait until Feb. 2005 to see the Man. This is much better! Like a preview!

Here's what I hope to hear:

The Imperial March (don't laugh, Neil)

Anything fromHarry Potter

Anything from ET

Aything from The Terminal

Hell, I'd listen to music from "Hook." :fouetaa:

So add me to the list, Your HIghness. And let us know if/when/where we'll all meet before/after the show. I'm bringing my camera, as well as my Special Edition copy of "The Empire Strikes Back" for sigining.

Jeff -- who will be excited to meet his fellow JWFaners

Neil - more excited by meeting JWFan members than actually seeing Williams.

Quite a statement!

I'll be with friends, just in case any of you people are cyber stalkers. :fouetaa:

I'll be with friends, just in case any of you people are cyber stalkers. :fouetaa:

I'm not, but I know Renovia is. ;)

Neil - who would be very excited if this were a Goldsmith concert

I'm not, but I know Renovia is. ;)

;)

Am actually looking forward to meeting some of you as well.

hey neil that wasn't nice,

Ren, who has added Jeff to the list but not sure what date. . .

and also who is excited about meeting some JWFans. . .more importantly, POSSIBLY staying in the same hotel as some of them. . . .:fouetaa:

hey neil that wasn't nice,

Ren, who has added Jeff to the list but not sure what date.  . .

and also who is excited about meeting some JWFans. . .more importantly, POSSIBLY staying in the same hotel as some of them. . . .:fouetaa:

Is your real name Ren or Renovia?

All this talk has made me REALLY want to go to these concerts too, and meet you guys!!! I'm on the website now, it looks like I could get decent seats at the lowest price. It's so tempting. Neil, I think you live closest to me out the rest, how are you getting there? Car? Plane?

Ray Barnsbury-getting excited (probably for nothing)

Neil, I think you live closest to me out the rest, how are you getting there?  Car? Plane?

I'm closest to Michigan????

I'm driving there.

Neil - who knows Renovia is not a cyber stalker

OH wtf was I thinking? I thought you were in Ohio for some reason even though it says right there Nee Jersey. My bad. :oops: I need to start making some decisions soon before tickets are gone . . .

Ray Barnsbury

I'm trying to find a hotel . . . all the ones by Symphony Hall are frickin' expensive. Any suggestions?

Ray Barnsbury-whose mother isn't being supportive in this venture, or taking it seriously . . .yet

I think Renovia found a Best Western that was about 13 miles from Symphony Hall. I'm told the suburbs are inexpensive while staying in the city would be expensive. I'm also told that Boston has an excellent public transportation system.

Neil

I think Renovia found a Best Western that was about 13 miles from Symphony Hall.  I'm told the suburbs are inexpensive while staying in the city would be expensive.  I'm also told that Boston has an excellent public transportation system.

Neil

Where is this hotel? The T (transportation system) is not bad, and there are lots of ways to get around the city using buses and subway.

If you guys have any questions regarding navigation in Boston, feel free to ask me. I grew up in a suburb near Boston and now go to college there.

Boston is an awsome city, and its really easy to get around...but if you drive, just pay close attention to what you do because if you miss a turn, it'll take you like forever to get back to where you wanted to go...I haven't been up there w/ the new tunnel, so that should make stuff a little easier.

Donnelly/diskobulus, would there be public transportation from Bedford where the Best Western Neil and Ren mentioned is to Symphony Hall in Boston? The address is 340 Great Road, Bedford, Massachusetts. I've only used public transportation on vacations, so I don't know a whole lot about it, and I've never been to this area of the country.

Ray Barnsbury

Donnelly/diskobulus, would there be public transportation from Bedford where the Best Western Neil and Ren mentioned is to Symphony Hall in Boston?  The address is 340 Great Road, Bedford, Massachusetts.  I've only used public transportation on vacations, so I don't know a whole lot about it, and I've never been to this area of the country.

Ray Barnsbury

Yeah. There's a train called the commuter rail that might go near there. There's nothing really interesting around there. What price range are you guys looking for? Cause my friends and I stayed in a hotel in Boston once and it wasn't that expensive cause we shared the room.

check out this site:

http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_...?line=fitchburg

im not sure about the addresses but you can check which of those stops is bedford. i think it's kendal green. that site has all the info about the T.

Its really easy...just find a way into Boston, and the T will get you to Symphony Hall...They have a stop right at Symphony Hall and you'll know that that will be the right stop because i believe that the stop is called Symphony Hall...and also, try to stay in the city!!!!!!! There is so much to do in the city...you'd waste so much valuable time travels from where ever your coming from to get into the city.

Its really easy...just find a way into Boston, and the T will get you to Symphony Hall...They have a stop right at Symphony Hall and you'll know that that will be the right stop because i believe that the stop is called Symphony Hall...and also, try to stay in the city!!!!!!! There is so much to do in the city...you'd waste so much valuable time travels from where ever your coming from to get into the city.

Dr. Harris, do you concur?

I concur.

K, i'll add jeff's date to the list.

didn't i list the actual hotel that might be nice to stay in?

I know there is at least one other person who is going but hasn't posted their seats or date yet.

i'm not a cyber-stalker LOL

i was just by symphony hall yesterday. I was at the berklee jazz fest where i went to see conor play. i couldn't talk with him though because anthony's band's times just didn't allow for it.

Conor that was me in the pink jacket in the back :)

Yes, that would be me...I do not know where I'm sitting, but I'm guessing it is way up on the second balcony because were a large group thats going. I wont be able to tell ya where I'm sitting because I wont actually have the tickets. PS...how'd the festival go? Did you see my school (Bishop Hendricken High School)?