Williams on Peter Gunn

NeejaHalycon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on several other Mancini albuns. Those include "More music from Peter Gunn", "Mr. Lucky", "Combo", "The Blues and the BEat" and "The Mancini Touch". He as also played on "Breatckfast at Tifanny's" and on a few other Mancini scores.

• 3 years later...

<<Serious bump!>>

I just got the Peter Gunn CD, finally. What fun! There's way more to Williams on piano than just the "Peter Gunn riff" on this CD. There's some great jazz solos on there, but it just makes me smile to listen to it, knowing that it's JW.

Miguel, I was searching for a thread on this CD, and I ran across the list from your website of JW playing piano on other people's scores. Is this the right version of West Side Story? If so, that's next on the list, along with The Pink Panther!

<<Serious bump!>>

I just got the Peter Gunn CD, finally. What fun! There's way more to Williams on piano than just the "Peter Gunn riff" on this CD. There's some great jazz solos on there, but it just makes me smile to listen to it, knowing that it's JW.

Miguel, I was searching for a thread on this CD, and I ran across the list from your website of JW playing piano on other people's scores. Is this the right version of West Side Story? If so, that's next on the list, along with The Pink Panther!

Katlin, that the one. But be aware that there aren't any real solos. Williams was the session pianist on that one, and one probably don't hear him that much. I have it, but haven't listened to it in ages, so I don't remember.

What with a topic reading "WILLIAMS ON PETER GUNN"...You can interpret that many ways you like, my friends. Only my sick, demented mind would even mention such a thing. :lol:

• 12 years later...

Listening to this now, perfect background music for a sunny, Corona-isolated day out on the balcony.

I'm struck again by Williams' beautiful piano playing, especially the elegant, dreamy piano swirls in "Dreamsville". 27 years old at the time, what a talent we (sorta) lost....but obviously gained another. Just listen to them fingers go at about 0:58.