The Lord of the Rings Symphony - Australia?

Dean1700

Will Australia see Howard Shore conducting an LOTR concert in Sydney, Australia?

This is the question that has been doing the rounds of some members here in Australia.

After a few phone calls I spoke with someone who informed me that negotiations are presently underway that would eventually see Howard Shore come to Australia to conduct the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Sydney Opera House sometime in June this year.

I have been told to keep a watch in the papers for information. It's highly likely that this will happen and when it does this could be a sell out concert. This could be the first time a concert like this has been staged with the original composer at the helm (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Guarrantteed if/when this does happen I will be there no matter what.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really diapoointed at this news, I was hoping he would come to Melbourne. Sydney is much too far away and a huge inconvenience. I would have expected him to come to Melbourne rather than Sydney. Oh well, perhaps The Maestro will make it to Melbourne one day. Without people thinking he's a guitarist... :D

I'm really diapoointed at this news, I was hoping he would come to Melbourne. Sydney is much too far away and a huge inconvenience.

Ohh hell you could drive there in 2 days from Melbourne. :P Visit Canberra on the way. And sleep in the back seat of your car to save Hotel bills. :D This is really good news for me and I will be going if it happens! And of course he comes to Sydney, we have the fine opera house and stuff, what does Melbourne have, just the fine MSO, dull land marks inferior concert hall. :nopity:

Morn - Who notes to outsiders that Melbourne and Sydney have a long history of fighting over who'd the most important Australian city.

He should give some concerts on New Zealand. That would obliterate unfairness of "it's too far away from here for me to get there" plus could be quite stylish, thundering woods and shires with music that was written for its cinematic figuration.

He is touring New Zeland too. And Morn, It was in the paper a few weeks ago but I don't know where else was tied, but it was about 5 equal. Actually, the first five places were tied to at least two other countries.

He premiered there! :) But New Zealand is further than Melbourne mate, haha, it's like Madrid to Berlin. :P The only way to get their is to get a darn aircraft ticket. :(

I don't even have hopes that he would come to Finland because it seems this is the last place any performing artist would come :cry: . Atleast some of you are lucky enough to have him perform in the same country and only 2 days drive away. I would have to go to Germany or England to hear Williams, Goldsmith or Shore to perform.

Rub it in will you :)

Just kidding :( I'm glad that somebody get's to hear LOTR symphony, but I'm still very, very envious!!

Yeah, I figured Shore would be coming here eventually to conduct some of his Lord of the Rings stuff. It was mentioned as a possibility in December last year I think. I'd like to go, but it all depends on how much the tickets cost and whether I have a decent job by then (and can therefore afford it).

So you live in Ballarat eh, Magical Me? I was kind of surprised to find out you lived in Australia, when you mentioned it in a post a month or so back, but I never would've guessed you lived there! :sleepy:

CYPHER - whose sum experience of 'non-Melbourne' Victoria consisted of a day spent in Geelong :).

I really don't give care how much it costs. I'm going to be there and I'll be waiting at the back door for HS to come out, maybe get a signature or two. :sleepy:

Does the Sydney Opera House have a back door?