R.I.P. Paul Winfield

Lurker

Actor Paul Winfield has died at the age of 62. You can read about him here. I knew him best as Captain Terrell from Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan but of course he was also in The Terminator. Very sad. He wasn't that old.

:mrgreen:

Neil

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good actor, also liked his brief performance in Presumed Innocent. I didn't realize he was only 62. I thought he was older.

I knew him mainly from his voice and likeness in The Simpsons (Judge Snyder was originaly based on him), but I've seen him in several places.

Everytime I think of a judge I think of Ray Walstone (Picket Fences), Albert Hall (Alli McBeal and The Practice) Fred Gwynne (My Cousin Vinny), Rene Auberjonois (The Practice) and Winfield, who is probably my lasting image as a judge on film.

Although I may not have seen much of him lately, he will be missed.

He was best in a film called White Dog, where he trys to rehabilitate a white German shepard trained to attack black people. It was a controversial film, also starring Kristie McNichols. Not a great film, but the acting was first rate and the message was sound.

He was also great in Star Trek the Next Generation's episode Darmok.

He was best in a film called White Fang, where he trys to rehabilitate a white German shepard trained to attack black people.  It was a controversial film, also starring Kristie McNichols. Not a great film, but the acting was first rate and the message was sound.

It's White Dog, not Fang ;). And he was great in it.

He was also great in Star Trek the Next Generation's episode Darmok.

Yes he was. That is my favorite episode of TNG.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw him narrating a Spielberg millenium film at the Hollywood Bowl with John Williams conducting in the summer of 2001.

Then again on Mr. Williams 70th birthday celebration concert with the Los Angeles Philharmonic he narrated again with Alfre Woodward, a true gentleman will be missed. May he rest in peace.