And the star of King Kong is....

Morlock

Jack Black! imdb reported this, but although it is often wrong on rumered casting, it doesn't state that someone has been cast unless it is true (or that's what I've found).

Man that guy is lucky. First opposite Gwyneth Paltrow, now Naomi Watts!

I really don't understand what kind of movie Jackson is making.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

horrible choice,

I wonder who Jackson will get for the male lead?

serkis is going to play Kong???

imdb.com is right for once, as the trades and major genre news has picked up on it too! Very interesting choice of casting. Hope it works out for the film, Jackson and Black!

I wouldn't say they lie, but they have been outright totally incorrect many times (especially in their film listings which, true are submitted by users, but are supposedly approved prior to posting by a staff of editors). I never said they lie either, but you don't have to lie to be a rumor monger or sloppy and be wrong a percentage of the time.

Jackson said he loved him in High Fidelity and he's always wanted to work with him

We have underestimated Jackson in the past

Jack does look like a young Jackson

Peter Jackson is young. He's only 42.

And Jack Black isn't much younger than Jackson. He's almost 35.

Jack Black....Jack Black....

Nope, can't say I picture him in the movie. He's one of my least favorite actors next to Adam Sandler. Black's presence in every movie he's been in has been grating, obnoxious, irritating, and whatever other bad adjective there is. I didn't mind him that much in Enemy of the State, but everything from High Fidelity onward has made decide never to see any movie he appears in.

Jack Black is one of the funniest guys on the planet!

I'm glad he's becoming more mainstream now, especially after the release of "School of Rock". I look forward to seeing him in the Kong remake.

"How 'bout the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away................................WITH MIND BULLETS!!!!"

:mrgreen:

Tenacios D does indeed rule the Universe stefancos. They are awesome live. ;)

Well, having not seen the movie yet, its an interesting choice and is a clue as to what the tone of the picture might be. Jack Black is a great performer with a lot of energy, and he does have the "look" of a filmmaker, as some have suggested the resemblance between Black and PJ. This could be a breakthrough role for him.

Jeff - who doesn't like to typecast

How could you not love Black? "Hornet, Hornet, watcha gonna do about a hornet? hornet, hornet WATCHA GONNA DO?"

because he's a gross looking little troll maybe?

He's sometimes funny, sometimes not. You guys make him sound like the best thing since sliced bread. He's NOT.

because he's a gross looking little troll maybe?

He's sometimes funny, sometimes not.  You guys make him sound like the best thing since sliced bread.  He's NOT.

He's generaly funny, rarely not.

I'm going out on a limb here- but I don't think Sliced bread is all that great! ;)

Morlock- a pita man

I don't get why people call it pita bread. It's a pita, not bread (but then I do live in the middle east).

the Star of King Kong, isn't troll like, squishy faced Jack Black,

but Adrian Brody,

I can see Jack Black playing Denham. But Adian Brody playing Jack Driscoll??????

While he may be a good actor he sure doesn't look the part of the romantic lead/hero.

the Star of King Kong, isn't troll like, squishy faced Jack Black,

but Adrian Brody,

Big nosed Adrian Brody. And he's not the star, Black is. He's just joining the cast.

not I, and Adrian Brody will be receiving top billing in King Kong, to me thats the star.

Why do you think he'll recieve top billing? Jack Black is more of a star than Brody, even with his oscar.

I really don't understand what kind of movie Jackson is making.

Me either. Why King Kong of all movie remakes too? And Jack Black, sure he's funny, but I don't think Jackson wants this movie taken too seriously with him in it. But, I'm sure I can expect a good laugh or two from Black.

I'm sure Black will be able to pull off the manic director type.

While this remake may not top the original film, it will most certainly be better then the Dino Laurentiis remake, which had a good Barry score, Jessica Lange being stripped down by a big ape, and precious little else.

mm9a6ca0955d03def5.jpeg