Minority Report CD proving difficult to locate...

I'm glad I'm calling around before driving around like a chicken with it's head cut off (Sorry PETA :) ).

My local Wal-Mart didn't have it.

My local K-Mart/Big K didn't have it.

The closest shopping mall to me (a good 35-40 minute drive) didn't have it. And they have an fye, usually a good store for new releases.

I'll likely have to do a 45-50 minute drive to the biggest mall in Central NY State (and soon to be one of the biggest in the country after renovations) to get it. They have a Media Play, AND an fye. If THEY don't have it, then I'll have to get one via mail or the internet.

This usually isn't the case for new Williams releases... just older ones. I usually get newest releases opening day. A bit frustrating, especially because so many are loving it.

Anyone else having this much trouble?

-Chris, Hearing NOTHING but rave reviews of the Minority Report movie preview screenings... I wasn't sure before but I'm stoked now! :angry:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was it not there to begin with, or simply sold out? i got mine at tower records on tuesday, they had plenty. another good place to look would be strawberries (if those stores exist near you)

Unsure. I called today, they looked, and no dice. The dude at the fye reported that his "computers show that there is one floating around out there but we don't have one".

And film scores never sell out that fast. They probably either didn't have one copy, or a small handful that sold out. Since I don't live in a big city, film scores almost NEVER sell that fast, so I believe that they just didn't get any.

Often (as we have explained on the MBs in the past), the cashiers often know all about the popular musical acts (pop, rock, rap, country, ect) but are UTTERLY clueless at orchestral film soundtracks or even classical music in general.

How strange!! I got mine Tuesday at Best Buy...they had stacks of them!!

:angry: Minority Report - track 10 ROCKS!!

How strange!!  I got mine Tuesday at Best Buy...they had stacks of them!!

:angry:  Minority Report - track 10 ROCKS!!

Ahh......two words I love:

Best Buy

Director - :)

Ahh......two words I love:

Best Buy

Director -  :)

You obviously never worked for them.

I found Minority Report at the first store I went to. I got to the local CD store at opening and they had the disc right in the "M" section of the soundtracks, and even had the title card there.

Neil

:) Sadly the soundtrack sections where I live are beginning to suck the big one. I have 2 malls, 2 Circuit Cities, 1 Best Buy, a Target, 2 Super Walmarts and one CD shop to chose from. I found 1 copy of Minority Report Tuesday. One of the Circuit City's soundtrack section looks like it hasn't been touched in 3 years with the occasional new CD stuck in the front of it's letter location and those are the dumb Songtrack albums.

Our Best Buy is pathetic for new soundtracks, I won't even look in Walmart or Target (AOTC was the only exception) and the malls are too expensive and the sale clerks annoying. I usually go to Austin or Waco or order scores off the internet.

I got mine at FYE -- where it was on sale for $16.99 (by no means a bargain, but its normal price at FYE is $19.99 !?!) I just assumed that Walmart wouldn't carry it because it is a pure score album and NOT Harry Potter or Star Wars.

I found plenty of copies at my local Best Buy ($13.99). They have a good soundtrack selection, but that doesn't say much when it's not stocked on the day a particular album comes out! Last year, for instance, they had only one copy of A.I.

Forget about K-Mart, Walmart, Target, et. al -- their soundtrack section is a joke, and very rarely carry any new releases unless it has lots of pop fodder up the wazoo. My local Target (two of them) finally had the AOTC albums up for sale several weeks after its initial release.

I'm very nitpicky about prices and wouldn't go near a Fye, Sam Goody, Tower, etc. even if they were the only chains carrying a certain soundtrack on its release date. I'm patient enough...

I'm nitpicky about prices too, and I hate FYE, but I don't have many options where I live and I HAVE to get every new John Williams cd on the day it is released. We will have a Best Buy soon, though, and I'm looking forward to the music section. The prices at FYE are incredibly inflated!

Best Buy might have a cheap price, not fast service when it comes to orchestral music scores.

Probably thought it wouldn't be in high demand so didn't order many.

I went to Best Buy earlier this year to look for the JW/Yo-you ma and Moulin rouge 2 cd.

It was out on shelves at release date in Wherehouse, but Best Buy i would've had to wait two weeks.

so i bought it at wherehouse for a few bucks more. $17.99

Thew odd thing is that I've been getting all of the recent Williams scores rather easily. I even got A.I. at Wal-Mart last year on opening day. So odd.

I'll have to drive some 45-50 minutes and try Best Buy, but their soundtrack section is pretty puny. I'll probably have the most luck at a Borders store.

Please don't make comments about CD's available now or in two days!

I have to wait till at least 6 more weeks. The CD Stores didn't even have it in their computer!

Well, dreamworks is quite a small record label :( I expect that other companies would be able to get their new cd's out to places more easily.

Good point. Although I got Saving Private Ryan and Amistad pretty easy, and those were Dreamworks CDs. However, I got them at a music/movie store in my city that went out of business. Now I'm stuck with either a Wal-Mart or a long drive.

FINALLY! Sheesh!

Got it today. Had to call in and have them SAVE the last copy at an FYE that didn't have the score a few days earlier. I think two or three sold in the hour that it took me to get there. Either stores are stocking it in extremely small supplies and/or it's a good seller. Maybe Matrix fans are getting it? Who knows?

I passed on seeing the film tonight because unlike most, I like to get the CD and digest the music first, then watch the movie. Me and my bro hit AOTC in the next room's theatre instead. My 1st and his 2nd viewing. He liked it more than TPM, but ROTJ is still his fav because of the Emperor's goulish quotes and powers. :twisted:

So, I'll see Minority Report next weekend after I digest the music more. And it's also too soon to give any reports yet. That'll take a few listens at the least.

-Chris, Liking the action cues after one listen but will need to slowly digest them (and I didn't hear any Ludlow's Demise yet either)...

Well I finally ordered it used off of www.half.com

I'm quite pissed off at wal-mart I've gone there now twice, the first time was on the 18th when they didn't have it the lady at the counter said they'll be getting it on the 21st so I headed down there on the 21st and low and behold they didn't have it. The lady then said the they were supposed to get it today but they didn't. She didn't know when they were going to get it now.

Boy see if I shop there again. :mad:

Justin -Who knows he will becuase it's the easiest place to go. :)

:mrgreen: Love Pledge and The Arena (AOTC)

Justin -Who knows he will becuase it's the easiest place to go. :mrgreen:

Easiest? After all that trouble that store is the easiest store to go to?

~Harry

For me it is. I have a Wal-Mart in the city I live in. And the closest CD/Movie/Electronics specialty stores are in malls 35-50 miles away from me. Plus, when Wal-Mart has them... they usually have better prices. For instance, I bought a CD in a store for $19.99 and went to a Wal-Mart in the mall across the road and they had it for $13.99. The same, exact thing. :)

Good that Minority Report was on sale at a FYE for $16.99 though. On sale from $19.99. Not bad. As long as they had it! Which they did. :mrgreen:

I had to order mine at Half.com too (for the small amount of $8.00). Walmart,Target, even the Best Buy didn't have (after they told me they did..those...whatever!)

Here's a quote from a local music store employee while I was checking around for a used copy of Sum of all Fears:

"I don't have the soundtrack, but I have the score...whatever that is"

James - who used to work at a music store...and subjected his employees many, many Williams' score :mrgreen:

Ah yes. The ever annoying CD store clerks. They can name every no-talent band and rapper that sold one measly album and played down at the local drunkard gathering, but can't name a single composer. Maybe a dead one... that's a 50/50 bet at that.

I pre-ordered one from Amazon.com, it didn't ship out until late Tuesday, it got about halfway to me according to the UPS online tracking number (that was Wednesday), and it is still there. I got so frustrated I just went out to see if any of my local stores had it by chance (my local stores, MediaPlay and Best Buy, have not gotten the last three or four soundtracks I've wanted on their release dates?they usually wait a week and frustrate me to no end). To my amazement the Media Play had three copies and it was even on sale (even though the cashier had to do a price check because someone had forgotten to tell their computers that it was on sale). Meanwhile the one I ordered from amazon.com is still in the same place. Its tracking status hasn't changed since Wednesday.