The Terminal teaser now online!

Peio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on TV and got really excited. It looked interesting, though I'm beginning to wonder if Tom Hanks will ever act with his normal accent again.

Ray Barnsbury

Great! I'm looking forward to this. I only wish that this version of 'Leaving, On A Jet Plaine' doesn't make it to the soundtrack (I can't bear no more). Actually, I hope there won't be any radio hits on it, just Williams.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Terrific trailer. I wasn't really very excited about this movie, but the trailer has changed that. I can't wait to see what Williams does, the film looks like it could produce a small, but charming score from him. That was my favourite part of the trailer, when the credits briefly rolled past at the end and they said "Music by JOHN WILLIAMS". Its great to see those words after a year and a half of dry spell. I can't wait to hear PoA and, now, The Terminal.

Seeing that animated title with the airplane I can't help but wonder if the opening sequence is going to be a bit what similar to the one of Catch Me If You Can?

Terrific trailer. Can't wait.

But that isn't new Williams music like the Main Page says, is it? I've heard it before! (I think many times before) (but I might just be messed up)

It looks like a fun romantic comedy. Nothing fantastic. The score sounds interesting. A good approach I just hope Williams won't fall into the usual Silvestri ho hum romantic comedy style scoring.

Justin -Still not really expecting much from the film or score. Except some laughs. :thumbup:

P.S. The Trailer was very good.

It's not a comedy at all though. And why does Ricard think that music is new Williams? I'm %99 sure I've heard is many times before. Sounds to me like Thomas Newman.

If Ricard had declared with certainty on the Main Page, I believe he is sure about it. He's probably better informed than us :)

BTW, it's a great trailer! I'm eager to see what Spielberg has done in this field... romantic comedy, it intrigues me! ;)

I was particularly impressed by the slick look of the cinematography (courtesy Janusz "Genius" Kaminski) and by Tom Hanks' impressive comedic flavour in his performance. I believe we're in for a great movie! Can't wait to hear what Johnny has done with the music!

I'm beginning to wonder if Tom Hanks will ever act with an American accent again.

Both Catch Me If You Can and The Ladykillers feature regional American accents, although the former definitely goes in and out throughout the film.

you can bet that Johnny has not only written the music, but that is new John Williams music.

The Terminal, along with Richard Linklater's somewhat more serious June romance, Before Sunset, are the two films I'm looking forward to most this year. Spielberg's film looks unambitious so far in terms of any strenuous psychological plumbing but that doesn't mean it won't be an accomplished piece of wit and charm.

Now keep in mind that I am listening to this trailer very quietly at work, but I too think this may be tracked from a movie I’ve seen before.

It seems to have the same feel as Catch Me If You Can. That was a great movie, but I'm hoping for something new. Let's hope it turns out to be totally different. The trailer was cool though ;)

The 20-second bit of music in the preview isn't Williams. It's from the film POLLOCK, score by Jeff Beal. The makers of the preview have used the most lively part of Beal's score; the piece is part of a 2-minute cue that comes just as Pollock (Ed Harris) discovers what effect dripping his paint on canvas can have, an even that transforms him into THE Jackson Pollock. An amazing score worth picking up, but it's not Williams.

I've learned you can't trust trailers anymore. If you go by trailers, it looks like the same movie is released every couple of weeks. You get absolutely no sense of pacing, mood, tone, or excitement when you see trailers anymore. I don't know how many trailers have made perfectly good movies look lame to me. This trailer is making The Terminal look fairly boring. But I know better than to expect boredom from Spielberg. So it will be by faith that I go to see this film. But I was glad to see the trailer just to get more of a mental image of what the movie looks like.

I'm beginning to wonder if Tom Hanks will ever act with an American accent again.

Both Catch Me If You Can and The Ladykillers feature regional American accents, although the former definitely goes in and out throughout the film.

I don't know why I wrote that, you're absolutely right. LOL I meant his typical accent, I'll make the edit.

Ray Barnsbury

Honestly that trailer looked VERY lackluster IMO.  

Maybe it was just a bad trailer, but that did nothing to get me intersted in this film.

I agree, I saw the ad on The Apprentice show on NBC.

Honestly that trailer looked VERY lackluster IMO.  

Maybe it was just a bad trailer, but that did nothing to get me intersted in this film.

Not every movie has an exploding artificial moon in it, you know!

Not every movie has an exploding artificial moon in it, you know!

Well, they should! ;)

I hadn't really given any thought to this movie, other than I would buy the soundtrack (of course), but now I'm mildly interested. I'll have to wait and see how this develops.

Anthony

I'd like something with more sentiment that CMIYC. I don't particularly like the Father's Theme outside the film, it's too melancholy. Actually, I wouldn't mind if JW stayed away from the jazz for The Terminal.

Ray Barnsbury

This kind of work seems really beneath Steven honestly.

I mean doesn't this guy like doing stuff where he can break new ground?

This just looks like some derivative romantic comedy from the trailer. PErhaps the actual film has more depth but it SURE done look it.

This kind of work seems really beneath Steven honestly.

Is it beneath him or you? I admire the guy for wanting to explore different genres.

I mean doesn't this guy like doing stuff where he can break new ground?

He is breaking new ground. He's doing romantic comedy, which he really hasn't done before. Or does that not count since you don't like rom-coms? Ironic. You want him to break new ground, and he is, but you want him to break new ground on the ground he's already broken--which is action, adventure, scifi, horror, drama, clip montage, TV.

Always sucks. IMO Spielberg's worst, and by far his most boring film. Luckily he bounced right back with Hook. LOL ROTFLMAO

Always sucks. IMO Spielberg's worst, and by far his most boring film. Luckily he bounced right back with Hook. LOL  ROTFLMAO

Ah, Hook. Another fond memory from your childhood, is it? Not a real winner, you know. It's strange that you choose this title to try and crush Always. He made far better movies than these.

But that's not what my post and question was about. Is it or is it not a romantic comedy? If so, then Spielberg already moves on familiar territory with The Terminal.

Do try to keep up with the thread, Morlock.

No, it was not. I'm totally not sure what kind movie Always is. I guess it's a romantic comedy but it's not really funny. It's a movie with motives unclear.

I'm also not really sure either (though that's because I don't really remember the movie). I don't remember it being a romantic comedy, as I recall it had about as much humor as any lightweight drama has.

Spielberg seems to go through phases. In the early 90's he did light comedies. Late 90's historical drama's. Now it seems he's back to light comedies....but with Tom Hanks. ROTFLMAO

Justin

In the early 90's he did light comedies.

Yes, we all remember those light comedies, Hook, Jurassic Park and of course, Schindler's List.

Neil - who thinks Justin might be a little confused