Theforce.net says the Ep. 3 title could well be...

BIRTH OF THE EMPIRE

EP3: Episode III Title Revealed?

Mon, May 10, 04 03:33:47 PM EDT

Although we're not expecting a title announcement until August or so, we've heard rumblings that BIRTH OF THE EMPIRE is the favorite of the moment. In fact, mockups of movie posters and licensed merchandise are using that working title as of this week, so we fully suspect Lucasfilm is preparing to announce the title (whatever it may be) very soon. Would you like that? Initial reaction here is positive, but we're still hesitant because another SW movie would have "of the" in the title. BotE?

Comments? Personally I like "Rise of the Empire" better, but I won't quibble.

And hopefully this won't turn into yet another tedious Lucas bashing thread. :roll:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't work. Guys hear anything that associates a film with babies and they tend to ignore them. Witness last years bomb, Tomb Raider 2 - The Cradle of Life.

Neil

I'm telling you all, the best title would be:

The Fall of the Jedi

It works brilliantly. In Return of the Jedi, we saw Luke return to rescue his friends, but of course the real meaning of the title is the redemption of Anakin. It could also be interpreted as a new era for the galaxy, and the return of the ancient ways...the Return of the Jedi (plural).

Fall of the Jedi - Anakin, the Jedi of Episode VI's title, falls, as does the Jedi Order. It's perfect I tell ye! Nothing can beat that title!

I dunno... Birth of the Empire sounds a bit wrong... Then again "Attack of the Clones" came as a shock as well...

Personally I like "Rise of the Empire" better, but I won't quibble.

I don't like this title very much, sorry. At least to me it quickly recalls "Terminator 3" movie and I think Star Wars needs something more original. I don't think "Episode III: What Happened After Any And Pad Had Fun In The Meadow" would be it, but something to go better with, sorry, "A New Hope" title to that the third episode must meld seamlessly.

Roman.-)

Okay, to please you all, I've looked in my crystal ball once more and here's what it said:

Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Sith.

Like it or not, you have to live with it. The day Lucas releases the Original Trilogy is the day that we'll all forgive him for this.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I can live with "Birth of the Empire", it sounds legit and a kind of nod to Birth of a Nation just like Attack of the Clones was a nod to those B-movie serial flicks. I prefer "Revenge of the Sith" myself, it sums up the movie and it complements Return of the Jedi.

Jeff - who also likes the name "The Empire Strikes First" :angry:

There is no way that is the title of Episode III.

It is nowhere near corny enough.

you think Lucas would go with something cool like that? Guess again!

It will be Episode III: EVIL SITH INVASION FROM SPACE!

Hemm....

EPISODE III: The Murder Of Jar Jar Binks

or more likely:

EPISODE III: Deploying Clones For The Space Battle

What a perfect titles.... :music:

How about ....

SW: Episode III: The end of all torment.  

or Episode III: Anyone out there still care anymore?

I still care, for one. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't see the prequels as a sign of the apocalypse. I'm quite looking forward to Ep.3. I think it'll surprise a lot of people who haven't been that thrilled with Eps. 1 and 2.

I think it'll surprise a lot of people who haven't been that thrilled with Eps. 1 and 2.

In 1998 we heard TPM was gonna be a great film.

In 2001 we were told AOTC was gonna be a dark and epic lovestory that would set right the things that were wrong with TPM.

And here in 2004 we are asked to forget that the first 2 films rather sucked and put our faith once again into the hands of Lucasfilm.

Even if Ep III tuns out to be good, it would be to little to late.

1 right does not amend 2 wrongs.

I think it'll surprise a lot of people who haven't been that thrilled with Eps. 1 and 2.

In 2001 we were told AOTC was gonna be a dark and epic lovestory that would set right the things that were wrong with TPM.

And here in 2004 we are asked to forget that the first 2 films rather sucked and put our faith once again into the hands of Lucasfilm.

:|

Neil

We heard all this from the studio and the people making the films. Of course they're going to say that it's gonna be great. I've never heard "Yeah, we tried our best with this film, but don't bother cause it really sucks." Everybody forms their opinions after they see the movie for themselves. Reaction by the press and fans was very negative for TPM, and so so for AOTC. We'll see for Ep.3, but everyone involved in the making will toe the company line. That's thier job.

I like TPM, and very much enjoy AOTC, but I know I'm in the vast minority and won't change any minds, so I'll just leave it at that.

How about ....

SW: Episode III: The end of all torment.  

or Episode III: Anyone out there still care anymore?

I still care, for one. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't see the prequels as a sign of the apocalypse. I'm quite looking forward to Ep.3. I think it'll surprise a lot of people who haven't been that thrilled with Eps. 1 and 2.

You are not in the minority in general, the whiners are just louder. The majority of SW fans liked TPM and like AOTC, I've seen many polls to prove this. The majority of them just don't make a big deal about it, like the haters do. As for this title thing, I would not put stock in tf.n's title scoops. I swear they release them just to drum up traffic for their site. According to McCallum, only Lucas knows the title and he has not told anyone yet, including Rick. So I doubt someone leaked it this early.

There is no Prequel Trilogy. There is no Original Trilogy. There is only Star Wars.  

Amen. :|

Agreed!

Neil - with some minor editing

You are not in the minority in general, the whiners are just louder.  The majority of SW fans liked TPM and like AOTC, I've seen many polls to prove this.

Those polls don't mean a thing. There's a vast amount of people who simply don't care anymore. Most of the time we don't hear or see from these people. And although their voice is mute they actually represent the largest group. They don't keep discussing the movies like some of us do. They certainly don't participate in doing polls about Star Wars.

I once saw a man, a guy just like us, returning from an encounter with them who don't care. He totally went nuts and when the doctors had to carry him away, I saw him stretching his arm, with his hand, almost looking like a claw, reaching for the sky. All he could utter was, "They have a life. They have a life."

End credits.

----------------

Alex Cremers

You are not in the minority in general, the whiners are just louder. The majority of SW fans liked TPM and like AOTC, I've seen many polls to prove this.

Let me guess .....

these polls were on SW fanboy sites like theforce.net?

OH yeah! Real representative of the regular public there. :|

Funny how EVERYWHERE I go people pan these movies except SW fan sites. I guess there will always be a few people who must carry on the faith.

Yeah, almost as reliable as the Lord of The Rings movies being places 4,5 and 8 on the imdb's best 250 films. It's just that the ridicules LoTR fanboys are far more organised than most, and send people swarming to every poll.

Yeah, almost as reliable as the Lord of The Rings movies being places 4,5 and 8 on the imdb's best 250 films. It's just that the ridicules LoTR fanboys are far more organised than most, and send people swarming to every poll.

EXACTLY!

Net polls are as accurate as a blind, spasmic, markmans who shoot with his toes. :|

Seriously!

Of course. The Godfather IS the greatest movie of all times, and even with all the LoTR fan boys, managed to get and keep the #1 spot on imdb. There is some hope yet (though The Shawshank Redemption is #2....).

1. The Title: It seems a little sucky, first hand. But then again, every Star Wars title inituially seems odd, then it grows on you. Of the top of my head, with little thought... I like "The Fall Of The Jedi" or "The Rise Of The Empire" myself.

2. Opinions of Prequels vs. Prequel-haters: You'd be surprised. Some people I know that never cared for the Original Trilogy seemed to love the Prequels (...and, as many of the complainers blare very loudly, vice versa). For example, my brother and one of my uncles, who only mildly enjoyed the OT (well, my bro loved the Emperor and cared for little else) loved AOTC for the love story and the Love theme.

I've enjoyed the 1st 2 prequels, only to have my opinions dragged down by the naysayers. My opinion stands firm: Every Star Wars movie has had a great plot/story/music/SFX. But the last two's execution was bad. Like a good team losing because they can't get their plays right. I still liked them better than nearly anything else in the past several years.

Odd that Steef and Neil seem to think that a good E3 won't make up for what they deem to be lousy E1 and E2. That seems so odd to me, guys. Not that this matters to anybody, but I really think that E3 is going to be the one we were waiting for. But the timing/editing has GOT to be better and Williams has to score a close-to-finalized version, otherwise we'll get the same recipe for a mess. The almost score that becomes a turnover because of poor execution.

I'll say it again: If Speilberg directed the prequels, we'd have 3 great movies. I think Lucas, who may still be a genius and creative "storyteller", just isn't any good at "making movies"... at least since the 1970's. Maybe his divorce, riches, or laziness affected that... who knows?

Even if E3 isn't a masterpiece, I'm vbetting it will be the best of the prequels and may even surprise a few into OT status. The story is pretty good, and it has my favorite single ingredient from the OT in it, so it's up to the execution. I personally can't wait.

Okay, to please you all, I've looked in my crystal ball once more and here's what it said:

Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Sith.

Like it or not, you have to live with it. The day Lucas releases the Original Trilogy is the day that we'll all forgive him for this.  

----------------

Alex Cremers

How about: Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Empire

Okay' date=' to please you all, I've looked in my crystal ball once more and here's what it said:

[i']Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Sith.

----------------

Alex Cremers

How about: Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Empire

Yeah, that could be it. (My ball was a bit unclear about the last word.) Although the story is more about Darth Vader than it is about the Empire. My magic ball makes kind of sense: Anakin will join the Sith. So I still place all my money on: Star Wars Episode III: Dawn of the Sith.

For example, my brother and one of my uncles, who only mildly enjoyed the OT (well, my bro loved the Emperor and cared for little else) loved AOTC for the love story and the Love theme.

:sleepy:

That's right, I'm laughing at your uncle and brother. The "love story" in that movie was a joke. There was no passion, Padme just suffered from a form of Stockholm Syndrome. She married a guy that had borderline stalker sensibilites. It was ridiculously bad.

My opinion stands firm: Every Star Wars movie has had a great plot/story/music/SFX.

You need to see more movies.

Odd that Steef and Neil seem to think that a good E3 won't make up for what they deem to be lousy E1 and E2. That seems so odd to me, guys.

Why does this seem odd? The inferior Return of the Jedi doesn't bring the first two filims down. What makes you think one possibly good movie could elevate the other two? That makes no sense. And remember, Lucas has not shown himself capable of making a genuinely good movie lately. Even you admit that when you say, "the timing/editing has GOT to be better". So what evidence shown these last 5 years with TPM and AOTC is there that shows Lucas is a good story teller?

Williams has to score a close-to-finalized version, otherwise we'll get the same recipe for a mess. The almost score that becomes a turnover because of poor execution.

I don't have high hopes for this at all.

Even if E3 isn't a masterpiece, I'm vbetting it will be the best of the prequels

You might be onto something there. I don't think they could get much worse. :sigh:

Neil

I prefer "Revenge of the Sith" myself, it sums up the movie and it complements Return of the Jedi.

Amen to that. I will be dissapointed if it is not that title.

Luke, who surely will be dissapointed :sleepy:

I prefer "Revenge of the Sith" myself, it sums up the movie and it complements Return of the Jedi.

Luke, who surely will be dissapointed :sleepy:

Well, you can't have it all. Maybe the title will disappoint you but at least you have a lot of other good things to look out for.

Luke, who surely will be dissapointed :sigh:

Well, you can't have it all. Maybe the title will disappoint you but at least you have a lot of other good things to look out for.

Like the bahing from the purists.... :sleepy:

If Lucas put the time and effort into the Prequels that Peter Jackson did with the LOTR films we wouldn't be havingf this discussion.

For that matter why not the same effort that was put into TESB and Star Wars?

Is that guy who was in the final chapter of the clone wars mini series going to be in Ep 3. If so i'm realy excited because that fight scene with him and all the Jedi's was just fantastic, however that was the masterful work of Genndy Tartokovsky (Sp?) i hope lucas takes a page from his book when doing fight scenes.

I never said those polls represent the public. But I think they do represent a good cross section of STAR WARS FANS. The media and a lot of people on this site would have everyone believe that even the fans don't like the new films and that's a bunch of crap.

Is that guy who was in the final chapter of the clone wars mini series going to be in Ep 3. If so i'm realy excited because that fight scene with him and all the Jedi's was just fantastic, however that was the masterful work of Genndy Tartokovsky (Sp?) i hope lucas takes a page from his book when doing fight scenes.

Do you meant he big robot? I seriously hope not! The tension beforehand was well done, but the fight was laughable - a robot wielding lightsabres like cutting discs? If that goes into Episode 3 I'll weep for poor Lucas. I don't think he's that stupid though, and there are some decent elements of the cartoons he can incorporate into Ep3 e.g. Clone Troopers kicking arse, Mace Windu kicking arse (but not in so ridiculous a fashion), huge numbers of dropships and a nice big city assault.

For that matter why not the same effort that was put into TESB and Star Wars?

Hey, good point. I wonder why I haven't heard that argument before...

:roll:

Neil: I mean that TPM and AOTC were good stories. But the timing was awful. Lucas has great ideas and comes up with good stories, but his movie-making skills are shot. I think it's by dumb-luck that E3 will be better. I like the sneak previews, spoilers and plot-leaks so far... now it just remains to be seen if Lucas can make it work. I liked the spoilers that I read from AOTC, but he screwed that up (to draw on that sports analogy again; great gameplan, poor execution), so it remains to be seen.

Still, I do like the Prequels. I can understand disappointment that they aren't as great as the originals (and I think ROTJ is great too), but they aren't THAT bad. I get more enjoyment out of them than most movies that I watch.

Do you still dont know who General grievous is? :sigh:

general_grievous_ep3.jpg

Ah, and it is not a robot it is a cyborg, a force sensitive one (i think) so i think it is someking of prototype of the thing they will do to Anakin. Darth vader is more....polished...

Mark Olivarez: peter jackson did not had the difficult problem of naming a trilogy, the names were Tolkiens... :music: (i already know what you meant)