The Lord of the Rings Symphony - The Hollywood Bowl - September 2004

For all of you living in SoCal, John Mauceri and the Hollywood Bowl orchestra will be performing Shore's arrangement for concert this coming September at the Hollywood Bowl, in Los Angeles.

The Hollywood Bowl Web Site

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stefancos- who wonders what lame excuse Ren will find not to go this time.

Yeah like money or something. I mean come on she's a TEACHER she get's loads of money!

Justin - :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
I was told that the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra was no more?
Originally founded in 1945 as the Hollywood Bowl Symphony by the legendary Leopold Stokowski, it disbanded two years later and was replaced for Bowl concerts by the Los Angeles Philharmonic. After 43 years, the orchestra was re-established in 1991, as the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, under the direction of John Mauceri, The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra performs in concerts at the Hollywood Bowl, on recordings for Philips Classics, and tours throughout the world.

Hollywood Bowl History

Me wrong? No, you simply mis-understood me. The classic Hollywood Bowl shell has been torn down and is now being re-built so that it can better support rock concerts.

Neil

Stefancos- who wonders what lame excuse Ren will find not to go this time.  

Lame excuse #1, its over 2700 miles away.

Lame excuse #2, Airfare cross country is expensive, especially on a teachers salary.

Lame excuse #3, Ren is afraid of Earthquakes.

If these lame excuse are not good enough for Steef (particularly #1), then let me ask this, why didn't Stefancos attend the John Williams concert in Boston, afterall its only 3453 miles (5557km) from Amsterdam. 8O :(

Lame excuse #1, its over 2700 miles away.

Lame excuse #2, Airfare cross country is expensive, especially on a teachers salary.

Lame excuse #3, Ren is afraid of Earthquakes.

If these lame excuse are not good enough for Steef (particularly #1), then let me ask this, why didn't Stefancos attend the John Williams concert in Boston, afterall its only 3453 miles (5557km) from Amsterdam. 8O  :(

Joe you seem to know an awful lot about Ren. It's almost as if you know her somehow......

Neil

Why can't Shore conduct it himself. Williams is even busier at scoring than Shore and he still finds time to conduct many concerts.

-Fox fan, who met Howard Shore in Montreal in February.

What did he say? I understand he's a very nice guy (well, most film composers are). My cousin in law has met him a few times, as he's good friends with Shore's nephew, Ryan.

Joe you seem to know an awful lot about Ren. It's almost as if you know her somehow......  

Neil

LOL