Williams' best less-than-a-minute cue?

Pelzter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not his best, but definitely one of his most unique cues:

Opening, Let There Be Light (Close Encounters)

It's a great cue because it's amazing to think that an orchestra can create such sounds. I saw an orchestra play this live, and it still was hard to believe that there weren't any electronic instruments used.

In my opinion, it is definitly To Castle Brunwald....

--Pelzter

Seconded.

Quite a beautiful little cue, and a nice change of pace from the normal fanfare based "map and red line" cues.

How do they do the "big" sound at the end of Let there be light?

Looking at the score, it's all the players in the orchestra contributing to a broadly spaced chord (sffz), except the harpist. The violins actually don't play the loud note, but start playing the soft high chord (ppp) at that moment.

Not %100 sure if they're all under a minute, but I think they are.

To Castle Brunwald from The Last Crusade

Jurassic Park Main Titles from JP

Opening, Let There Be Light from CE3K

Voodu Witches from Witched of Eastwick

The Raptor Chase (Unreleased) from JP

Kraft Suspense Theater

Qui Gon, Darth Maul and The Invisible Wall from TPM

The Duel Begins from TPM

The Train Wreck from The Fury

It was on the last SNL, with a guy (I don't rememeber his name) playing Bill Clinton. I got

here, which is a fan site for the weedend updates with Jimmy Falon, who's talented, but I don't like, and Tina Fey, whom I hate. It gets updated after every show, it has all the weekend updates from the past 3-4 seasons. The last show was hosted by Snoop Dogg.

Quite a beautiful little cue, and a nice change of pace from the normal fanfare based "map and red line" cues.

Journey To Nepal is no fanfare. :sleepy:

Justin -Who loves that rendition of the theme.

BTW Down the Alley from The Fury is under a minute right? I love that cue.

You're all right, there are so many great ones! Incl. The Racer Roars to Life, although it's technically a minute and a half :sleepy: (which would have made the inclusion of Prologue from Hook and Amazing Stories Main Titles possible)...

--Pelzter.

The relevant part of The Football Game isn't longer than a minute I believe. It might not be THE best, but it's probably one of my favourites.

Marian - who should listen to it again.

:sleepy: Basic Instinct expanded (Jerry Goldsmith

Elliot's First Kiss.

Love it.

Justin

:) It's based on the score for the quiet man though which was on the TV that ET was watching, much credit is due to Victor Young.

In my opinion, it is definitly To Castle Brunwald....

--Pelzter

Seconded.

On what CD can this cue be found? I have the OST as well as Volume 2, and I can't find it on either. I am familiar with cue, and I have always loved it, but it would be nice to hear it outside the film. The same is true of Elliot's First Kiss.

Ted

And one of my favorite one minute cues that hasn't been mentioned as of yet is Suite From "Angels Have Filthy Souls II."

Ted

[

On what CD can this cue be found? I have the OST as well as Volume 2, and I can't find it on either.

the Vol.2 is incomplete,lacking several unreleased cues.The complete score was available in MP3's at JWfan a long time ago(except Fire!)

K.M.

Yes, I know he's rude.

Going back to the less than a minute compositions, someone should make NBC release all those short variations of Williams' Olympic theme

:devil: Bernstein Theme from The Magnificent Seven

Los Angeles Philharmonic

John Williams