PoA- Who are still waiting?

Streaming audio or CD?  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

• I'll wait till the CD comes out
    • I'll listen to the streaming audio files
    • Other (specify)

Now that you can hear the score in streaming audio, are you gonna hold out till you get the CD, so you can listen to the first Williams score in about 1,5 years in the best possible quality.

Or are you going hogwarts...ummm hog wild over this listening party, and are already memorising the new themes?

Personally i'll wait for the CD to come out.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd want to listen to the score, but I can't install that crappy player here. So I guess I'll have to wait for the CD. Any news on when it'll be released here?

- Marc, who finds Steef's sig... hypnotic. :music:

I'm waiting for the CD. The wait is not driving me nuts, it's just a film score.

I'm happier today than I have been since at least December.

Okay, I listened up to "Buckbeak's Flight" and dropped out. After what I read about some of the latter tracks I want the best quality possible. So I'm part-virgin to this score!

Honestly, to me the sound quality was not an issue at all throughout my listen . . . I was in awe the entire time, and it sounded just great.

Ray Barnsbury

ditto Ray,

its a pity that some folk here have no passion in their lives. How Hollow and Empty it must be.

I'm happier today than I have been since at least December.

Same here!

Litening to this. And waiting for CD.

its a pity that some folk here have no passion in their lives.  How Hollow and Empty it must be.

Yes, poor people. Feeling passionate for... a CD.

-Ross, who does have passion, for his girlfriend, (most of) his friends, his studies, his job...

As soon as I saw it on the JWfan.net news page, I immediately went for it without thinking. I pondered about waiting for the CD not long ago if AOL did this "Listening Party" thing, but I thought "Eh, what the hell".

And I don't regret it either. In fact, I have a tape deck and stereo connected to my computer, so I had the streaming audio running and recorded it on cassette. Couldn't help myself.

:P

-Ross, who does have passion, for his girlfriend, (most of) his friends, his studies, his job...

So ordinary. :P

and here you are at a music site, with no passion for music. Pitiful

Joe.

I definatly have a passion for the music of John williams, as you should know.

Yet for 1,5 years I have had to kinda put it on hold, since we we not gonna see anything new from Williams.

I expect a lot from this score, I hope it will wash away the bitter taste of the 2002 output.

I want this score to move and excite me, but for it to do that I need to listen to it in the best possible way, on a CD in uncompressed soundquality, played in a good Pioneer CD player with expensive Sony Fontopia earphones.

My music collection and my sound system are about the most expensive things I own, and I take care of, and treasure both, so don't say I have no passion for it, just because I choose to wait 2 weeks.

and here you are at a music site, with no passion for music. Pitiful

Joe, you're missing my point. That is not like you at all.

I, stupid me, thought it was obvious enough that I wasn't denying my passion for my film music; I just put it behind other aspects of my life which will always come first. Frankly, CD's I haven't even heard are not usually in my head when I have many other things to worry about.

Don't worry, in my next post I'll draw you a picture so you don't get lost.

Well, I can't really experience the film score on a listening party (I didn't with the first two), I'm listening to it, but I'm not really taking it in. That'll only happen when I actually get the cd.

I, stupid me, thought it was obvious enough that I wasn't denying my passion for my film music; I just put it behind other aspects of my life which will always come first. Frankly, CD's I haven't even heard are not usually in my head when I have many other things to worry about.

It's too bad that you'd rather to go work than listen to john williams. :P Your passion for music is perhaps, less than other people.

Now that you can hear the score in streaming audio, are you gonna hold out till you get the CD, so you can listen to the first Williams score in about 1,5 years in the best possible quality.

I don't think I will be able to hear much of a difference between the current version of the score I got and the c.d.,and no it's not because I'm deaf or have bad earphones.

K.M.

Yeah, the sound quality is surprisingly good. It sounded really great in the car tonight, pretty much like a pressed CD.

Ray Barnsbury

My vote is for "other." I want to listen to it, but I can't listen to streaming audio or video very well... The reason being I have crappy dial-up.

I'm waiting for the CD. And I won't play that either before I've seen the film.  

Did you do that with The Fury too? Falling in love with the score made me want to see the movie, and the music made me love the film. If I saw the Fury before I listened to the score, I'm unsure if I would have liked either... at least at first.

I personally get more out of most Williams scores before I see the film. It dampens my imagination after I've seen the scenes that the music was composed for. Nothing fires the theatre of my mind like a new Williams CD. Well... a Williams CD with some ate LEAST a few good action cues that is. As an artist, I live for that.

I have mp3's already. :P
It's too bad that you'd rather to go work than listen to john williams. ;) Your passion for music is perhaps, less than other people.

Morn, who are the hard working people who support your "I-can-work-but-won't/welfare-case/food-stamp-recipient" lifestyle?

Morn, who are the hard working people who support your "I-can-work-but-won't/welfare-case/food-stamp-recipient" lifestyle?

Oooo . . . gettin' a little nasty there.

Yeah, the sound quality is surprisingly good.  It sounded really great in the car tonight, pretty much like a pressed CD.

I heard the whole thing in my car tonight and thought the same thing. I could be happy with what he have right now if I did all of my serious listening in my car.

Neil

Did you do that with The Fury too?

Of course I didn't. The difference is that I already have my Potter tickets reserved, so I know I'm going to watch it soon.

Falling in love with the score made me want to see the movie, and the music made me love the film.

I did watch the movie because of the score, since back then I didn't really know De Palma. But...

If I saw the Fury before I listened to the score, I'm unsure if I would have liked either... at least at first.

...while I liked the score a lot before watching the movie, I liked it twice as much afterwards (one of the few scores to which that happened for me, actually).

It's like with FOTR. Hearing the Ring theme first over the main titles had an immense effect on me, something that wouldn't have happened if I'd listened to the CD first (even if that version of the theme was actually on it).

Marian - :mrgreen:

I'm 100% with Marian, and Chris to some degree, I think. I always wait until I see the film. Yes, I am anxious and excited to hear new Williams music. But I can wait a little longer. The experience of hearing the music for the first time, accompanied by the images for which the music was composed, is phenomenal. It gave me chills hearing the title music when "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" appeared onscreen, as well as the chess match.

This always happens for me. A few more weeks won't kill me. But it's good to see all the positive comments.

Jeff

Everyone expresses their passion in different ways . . . for some it's waiting to listen to the CD, for others it's listening right away. No one's judging the waiters, that I've seen, but there's been plenty of holier-than-thou attitudes toward those of us who have listened, which is just absurd.

Ray Barnsbury

No one's judging the waiters, that I've seen, but there's been plenty of holier-than-thou attitudes toward those of us who have listened, which is just absurd.

Ray Barnsbury

An even better point.

I've been judged pretty badly by that treacherous filth that gave in and listened to the AOL broadcast.

Shoot them, the lying, scheming maggots, they are not true fanboys!

Ahh, if you only had a clue what you're missing. :mrgreen:

The true fans are the ones going to see the movie that have never read the book or heard the music. They truly are going in to the film to see the film fresh, as the filmmakers intended.

Neil