What if JW scores the upcoming Simpsons movie?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course I know who Alf Clausen is, but I The Maestro would do a better score.

You all know think JW is better than Clausen, isn't he?

By the way, my question was: what do you think if JW score the Simpson movie? Wouldn't you be happy? Me yes of course!!!

TJ (who is doing the most complete Indy scores in the whole planet, my ROTLA soundtrack will have more than 40 tracks)

of course I know who Alf Clausen is, but I The Maestro would do a better score.

You all know think JW is better than Clausen, isn't he?

That's not the point, I think Williams would be overclasified for this film.

Alf Clausen would do very well though.

Could Williams make as good musical in jokes?

I'm sure he could make a good theme for you, so yes, the same applies here.

I don't think he could do a great musical joke, Not like Alf. (Though I laughed every time I heard that love theme in AoTC)

Ah yes, I was about to ask a similar question: Who should score the Simpsons film out of Elfman and Alf. I definately think Clausen should, he is so underrated on that show. Sure, Elfman composed the theme, but Clausen has done so much more. Hi parodies (particularly "Cape Fear" and the Bond Films) are spot on, the songs are classics ("We Put the Spring in Springfield", anyone?) and he is more than capable. It's so unfortunate he lives in Elfman's shadow...

I don't think he could do a great musical joke, Not like Alf. (Though I laughed every time I heard that love theme in AoTC)

You don't think Johnny could make musical jokes? Shame on you, you underestimate him. He could do them better than anyone.

I have to say, Alf Clausen is the Master at cloning the Master. The way he intergrates The Imperial March to Burns' scenes is hilarious as well as the Star Wars parody which involved the George Lucas-type character who butchered another series of popular space-related movies. He also scored the Haloween episode with the Potter parody and the underscore was very fitting, borrowing heavily from JW's. In short, I would rather see Alf Clausen being John WIlliams in this movie than John Williams being himself.

I also find Clausen's music one of the few things that's still really good about the show. The last episode I watched had a total of two (2) good jokes in it.

One episode of the show really stood out at me. It's quite recent; it's the episode in which Flanders gets a girlfriend who's a movie star and hilarity ensues. The music was so touching and different, I forgot to see if Clausen scored it. I haven't heard the music since, I'd like to see it again just for the music. Ironically, it had a reference to Williams in it; the town attended a public concert in which the billboard declares "John Williams Conducts The Music From Itchy And Scratchy" and an orchestral variation of the I&S theme is playing.

LOL

I also love how Clausen quotes music from earlier in the show. An episode from last year or so had Bart join a group of boyscouts. When they were in the woods, you heard the music from when Homer is driving the RV in a season 1 episode where the family gets lost in the woods.

And in another recent episode, Bart (or someone else, I forgot exactly who it was) was playing baseball. When he hit a homerun, you heard the music from Homer at the Bat, a season 3 episode.

Alf and The Simpsons are synonymous. It's amazing how quickly he sets the tone from one scene to the other (funny --> sad). Watching The Simpsons without him would be very distracting. He's part of the Simpsons family and the family should be left intact.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Yeah, it's too bad he's often forgotten by the public who think only about the Main Theme, and think Danny Elfman is the only contributer to the show. Of course the theme is fantasic, my favorite TV show theme, but Alf's work deserves a LOT mor recognition. I love his musical homage/parody of Cape Fear in the Sideshow Bob episodes in particular.

Yeah, he should score the The Simpsons movie (I didn't know one was coming), but think about this:

Composer Adam Berry wanted to score the South Park movie and it ended up going to Marc Shaiman.

The studios will want to pull in a major name, who MAtt will probably want Alf.

He is underrrated and I really hope he does.

A CD of score would be excellant, sh!t, if I was payed, I would go threw every single episode score and pick the best cues for a good release. I don't mind.

imdb.com has a complete listed of all composers who worked on the show.

You ain't all that buddy, you're just a dick. With a capital D

I'd rather be a capital Dick then a shrivelled and dried up old cunt like yourself.

But i'm not gonna waste my time with you.

I rather attempt an intelligent conversation with the dog turd i trotted in this morning.

It did instantly remind me of you.

Greetings.

Stefancos The Fanboy.

NEXT (really...i mean it!)