Latest Alien V Rumors?

The first two Alien films have been on TV a lot lately (Alien's on right now), and I guess I've been getting more curious about them. I do think it'd be pretty neat if Scott were to return to the series and hire Goldsmith. I'd really like to hear another Goldsmith score for the Alien series. The first one was awesome, but I think another one, this long after the first, and also directed by Ridley Scott...how could you go wrong? I'm not too familiar with what happened in latter two, but I'm starting to figure out that the Aliens are sent by the Company to be like soldiers or something? I dunno...seems like there's a lot that could be done with that and that would still make a great movie. Especially putting it in the capable hands of Ridley Scott. I don't know much of what I'm talking about, since I don't think I've seen an entire Alien movie, just bits and pieces of them. If someone's willing to fill me in and offer their opinion on where the franchise should go, I'd appreciate it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the debacle with Legend, in which Composer Jerry Goldsmith's score was tossed out and Director Ridley scott did not apose this, I seriously doubt the 2 will ever work together again.

Goldsmith's assignment on Alien did not go to smoothly either as I understand it.

If Scott ever does an Alien film, it will be scored by Hans Zimmer, who's been his composer of choice for the last decade or so.

If someone's willing to fill me in and offer their opinion on where the franchise should go, I'd appreciate it.

For a lot of fans (I'm one of them) the franchise has been killed by Fincher, and especially Jeunet who gave the deathblow.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Goldsmith's assignment on Alien did not go to smoothly either as I understand it.

Goldsmith wasn't happy on Alien...Horner wasn't happy on Aliens...and Goldenthal apparently had some troubles on Alien³ as well...

If Scott ever does an Alien film, it will be scored by Hans Zimmer, who's been his composer of choice for the last decade or so.

Oh my. 8O

Marian - who still hasn't watched the extended cut of Alien³.

8O Legend, actually

After the debacle with Legend, in which Composer Jerry Goldsmith's score was tossed out and Director Ridley scott did not apose this, I seriously doubt the 2 will ever work together again.

Didn't you hear? Gabriel Yared just volunteered to score Wolfgang Peterson's next film...

Justin