Possible Episode III Poster?

Lurker

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashtonishing! In what graphic program did you create that? I actually don't understand the disco ball in the upper left corner.

Actually it's funny you posted that. I recently got my copy of Rogue Squadron III for the Game Cube and at the beginning there is an animated short of Han, Luke, Leia, Vader, Lando, C3PO and Chewbacca on a disco floor with the ball dancing to Meco's version of the Star Wars Theme.

Yep, that MECO rif is classic. I have the whole 15 minute suite. I know MECO did some stuff for TPM, but I haven't heard anything about AOTC, or Episode III. Now that I've seen this poster, I think a MECO version of "Across the Stars" is a must.

Youj know to be perfectly honest I actually wouldn't mind a return to the 70's if it meant a return to the SW style of the 70's as well.

By that I mean: No CGI muppets.

Youj know to be perfectly honest I actually wouldn't mind a return to the 70's if it meant a return to the SW style of the 70's as well.  

Actually I don't mind the CGI, I'd just like a good script with good directing and good acting.

Actually I don't mind the CGI, I'd just like a good script with good directing and good acting.

Amen, brother!

"A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."

-George Lucas

Neil

Man did Lucas actually say that? Jesus! Talk about a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away! :P

Yes, he did. I think it can be heard in the the documentary From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga.

Neil

So what! He also said, "It's difficult to top Star Wars" and yet he can't stop destroying it.

----------------

Alex Cremers

So what! He also said, "It's difficult to top Star Wars" and yet he can't stop destroying it.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Much easier to destroy than it is to create Alex. Lucas has certainly proven that in his lifetime.

Much easier to destroy than it is to create Alex. Lucas has certainly proven that in his lifetime.

Instead of doing the prequels, Lucas should've gone for something completely new. Something Sci-Fi of course, but very different from Star Wars.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I would've made new SW films butg ones unrelated to the originals. Basically use the same setting but tell an original storyline. Either one before or after the OT.

Then what would be the point of them? You have to relate them some way, if even small.

Then what would be the point of them? You have to relate them some way, if even small.

You dont have to relate them.

Who says the different Trilogies have to be inter-related?

I would connect them to one another but only in more subtle ways.

Each Trilogy storyline should be able to stand unto itself.

Might as well have them set in a difference universe, there'd be little reason to make a star wars movie unless you relate it to the other star wars movie.

Will Lucas take 'Star Wars' with him into his grave? Will one day other people be able to create their own SW universums and turn them into movies? What if I create a Star Wars world with the same look, but with different characters, new story, new plot, other locations? Did he patented the look? Hmmm, knowing him, he probably did.

----------------

Alex Cremers

"A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing."

-George Lucas

"A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury but in the end, signifying nothing of great importance."

-William Shakespeare

Justin

I thought Yoda would have at least developed a few extra chins...after all he be eating Dagobah stew for the next 300 years or so.

Hitch, who likes his new avatar even if Cary Grant looks peeved.

Might as well have them set in a difference universe, there'd be little reason to make a star wars movie unless you relate it to the other star wars movie.

SURE THERE IS!

What you think that in this entire universe the only exciting stuff ever happened to one set of people and their children? Come on!

Why not tell another story set in the SW universde set around a different character?

Look as I said I would relate them maybe through some ket story points, but each would be a self-contained storyline for the most part.

Look as I said I would relate them maybe through some ket story points, but each would be a self-contained storyline for the most part.

Well that isn't too bad... Still it seems a little pointless to make such movies unless it leads onto the next trilogy.