JW holding up "Terminal?"

Figo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps he's not changing a sucky ending, but makeing a good ending great.

Oh its good to see my buddy Figo still alive and kicking.

I have a hard time believing they'd be doing something like redoing the ending this soon before the release dates. I mean, you've got to have a good week to get all the reels out to theaters, and probably a few months to get them printed. Right? I mean doesn't distribution typically take a month or two to go through?

no it doesn't, so start believing.

its real, its happening, and for more go to the best site on Spielberg

go to www.spielbergfilms.com, and read more about it.

I may be important, but not important enough to hold up a major motion picture.

Hi, guys. :mrgreen::joke::wave:

At first I thought you meant John Williams was holding up an airport terminal.

"We're not listening to any of your demands, Williams! Lucas stays for Episode III."

"Go ahead, punk! Make my day and I'll BLOW MY F****NG BRAINS OUT!!!!"

Justin - :mrgreen:

Considering this movie will go in theaters in two weeks, I don't think that there's enough time for major alterations or tweaks. And I don't think Spielberg is afraid of something... probably he's now fine-tuning the ending and maybe making some changes in the sound mix. Considering the time frame available, that's all you can do!

I think all this fuss that media and scooper websites are creating around The Terminal is a little bit exaggerated. All we have to do is be cool and wait June 18th... for another great Spielberg film. :mrgreen:

"We're not listening to any of your demands, Williams! Lucas stays for Episode III."

"Go ahead, punk! Make my day and I'll BLOW MY F****NG BRAINS OUT!!!!"

:joke::wave:ROTFLMAO

Marian - :mrgreen:

Spielberg does this all the time with his endings. Jaws, Jurassic Park and the Lost World all had endings that were not the original or intended endings, and those are only three that we know of. There may even be more.

Ted

But as I understand it none of those were last minute changes, and none were shot after principle photography wrapped. (Though I may be wrong)

Considering this movie will go in theaters in two weeks, I don't think that there's enough time for major alterations or tweaks.

Not anymore, my friend. You can even have the composer score the movie in less than 13 days nowadays, so it's never too late.

;)

Too bad you've only given us an url and one word, say more. :P

Anyway. Nice that Spielberg would delay a film release for Williams! If only all directors had this sort of respect for the score.

Or Return of the King. :roll:  

K.m.

He said 3 or 4, not 5 million and one.

ROTK endings are all excellent which is something AI will never have. :P

Justin

They are not all excellent. And there shouldn't be more than one ending. Jus ta bit of intelligent editing would've done the job, no need to cut 4, 5, 6 scenes as endings. The scenes themselves are not the problem.

They are not all excellent. And there shouldn't be more than one ending. Jus ta bit of intelligent editing would've done the job, no need to cut 4, 5, 6 scenes as endings. The scenes themselves are not the problem.

I like the ending(s) of ROTK. They give the last 20 minutes or so of the movie an epilogue-feel to it. As for Terminal, I don't intend on seeing it in the theater anyway...

Jeff - who is seeing POA twice this weekend, and probably 1 or 2 more times after that

I completly agree with this, acctually. I don't really like the editing all that much. Which is odd since Jackson was saving the editor for ROTK because he'd worked with him before.

Justin -Who thinks ROTK has the poorest editing.