Best action track on PoA album?

ChrisAfonso

What is, in your opinion, the best action track on the PoA album?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• The Knight Bus
    • The Whomping Willow
    • Monster Books and Boggarts
    • Quidditch, Third Year
    • Lupin's Transformation and Chasing Scabbers
    • The Werewolf Scene
    • The Dementor's Converge

Well, there are several great action tracks on there, some in the good old "set piece" style with one defining motive used throughout the sequence. I especially liked the fugato-like approach in "Quidditch, Third Year".

So, what is your favorite PoA action track?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dementors Converge is the best cue up there. But I don't really think of it as an action track. More chaos/suspense. :mrgreen:

Justin -Who voted for The Dementors Converge. But thinks Quiditch is the best formal action cue.

Quidditch, Third Year followed closely by The Whomping Willow. Nothing else really comes close in my opinion, though they're all good.

Ray Barnsbury

Quidditch, Third Year followed closely by The Whomping Willow.  Nothing else really comes close in my opinion, though they're all good.

Ray Barnsbury

My feelings exactly. The Quidditch music this time around is a great, intense cue with some wonderful action writing. The chorus in the middle of it is a real treat, too. I also love the Whomping Willow, but it's kind of short. The beginning is phenomenal, with all the percussion, and I love all the powerful woodwinds bursts throughout (which I always love in his action music), but the edge goes to Quidditch. I think the Werewolf scene has some good action music as well, but it's more chaotic in nature, presumably due to the scene. And The Dementors Converge is simply bone chilling.

Ted

the opening of Buckbeaks flight, that is wonderful as the drums beat to the gallop of buckbeak. Awesome

I especially liked the fugato-like approach in "Quidditch, Third Year".

Hey, I'm the one who always picks fugato tracks as his favourites! :wave:

Seriously, they're all amazing. But because of the fugato start and the now-discovered Grim motif, I went with Quidditch.

Marian - :thumbup: