HP: Prisoner of Azkaban Complete Cue List & Analysis

Jay

Figured I'd make good on my word:

Get 'em while you can

Note:  They all have dialogue/sound effects over them, except "Arrival at Hogwarts", which is dialogue free.

You're lucky Neil is at work.

Are you planning on linking the other ones as well, or is this it?

They work on my end...

And geocities only gives me 15 megs to play with, so this is the first 15 megs worth I chose. Later on I was gonna take all these down and put up 15 megs of different cues.

Aw damn it the site has already exceded its bandwith. I hope some people from here were able to get them while it was up.

Does anybody know somewhere else I could host these?

The funny thing is it says the files are there.

EDIT: Oh, wait. "Public sharing of files/full-size images only available for Premium Service users."

I figured it out...

*Please note: If you are a member of the free Yahoo! Briefcase service, public access to your uploaded files will no longer be available. However, you will still be able to share your files with people with Yahoo! IDs and via email.

So, post your yahoo IDs or email addresses here and I think I can make it so you can get the mp3s...

I got it working....

The files you can get in that briefcase are:

09_Mr_Weasleys_Warning.mp3 1402 KB

10_Train_in_the_Rain .mp3 428 KB

12_Arrival_At_Hogwarts .mp3 1402 KB

13_Dumbledores_Speech.mp3 1006 KB

14_Gryffindor_Dormitory.mp3 357 KB

21_Sirius_Black_Sighting.mp3 967 KB

22-25_Boggarts.mp3 3373 KB

32_A_Walk_in_the_Woods_-_Winter.mp3 3271 KB

33_Honeydukes_-_The_Shrieking_Shack.mp3 1527 KB

40_Harrys_First_Patronus.mp3 2094 KB

42_Peter_Pettigrew.mp3 1971 KB

50_Finding_Ron.mp3 1605 KB

51_Inside_the_Shrieking_Shack.mp3 4987 KB

60_Rescuing_Sirius.mp3 1656 KB

I just need to type in your yahoo id before you can see it.

Ah, these are great, thanks. Do you happen to have the "Double Trouble" insert from the beginning of the end credits?

Nope, the mpeg I had of the movie cut off JUST BEFORE that part... very frustrating to say the least. Somebody around here said he made an mp3 of it though.... King Mark maybe?

Well I am off to sleep.... Next time I get a chance, I'll give access to anybody else who either posts their yahoo id here, or PMs it to me.

Good night all.

Cerrabore, post here if there are any problems with any of the mp3s...

For some reason I am getting an error everytime I try to include your name. I'll try again when I get home from work.

And to think that at least half of that music could have been on the CD...  :shakehead:

I know.

There's no excuse for not including Rescuing Sirius, or any cue with Pettigrew's Theme.

You know, I'm really surprised that more people don't want to hear these clips.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if this is common knowledge, but what source music is played during the Boggarts scene. Williams's music is mixed with a swing source cue, that is similar to his Swing Swing Swing in 1941; and I noticed it first in that splendid X-Files show "Triangle". The former xfilesmusic.com identified it as a cue from Williams that shows up on his Swing or Sing cd? Is this correct? Anybody know what the title is of this? Thanks!

I puposely put the "Boggarts" sequence into the Yahoo Briefcase so you could hopefully figure out what it is.... any luck yet?

BTW: For those of you who don't want to deal with the briefcase thing, the geocities page is back up

It's interesting that "Double Trouble" is introduced not by the Hogwarts Choir, but during the journey in the train.

Nope, the mpeg I had of the movie cut off JUST BEFORE that part... very frustrating to say the least. Somebody around here said he made an mp3 of it though.... King Mark maybe?

Not really,I just pasted in the missing music (with bad sound,effect and dialogue) from the ABC PoA special.Might as well wait fir the DVD to get it right.

'

K.M.

I'm still waiting for a PM to download the PoA files...

OK I got a few from the first link *grinds teeth again that Rescuing Sirius is not on the c.d.*.I still need Harry Casts His First Patronus,my favourite cue,because the link is broken.

BTW with the dialogue removed this score should be a fairly clean DVD extract.

K.M.

Hey, another newbie here. I can't believe all the work you've been doing man! The unreleased listings made me wanna hear everything unrealeased possible.

my yahooid's : b_1584

thxs

p.s. can't believe Bone's finished lol

OK pumpkin, Ray, and magical, you guys are all set. Download away.

and pumpkin, I can't believe its over either! I found the final issue to be a bit underwhelming, did you?

Hey, thanks again Jason. I finally managed to get all the music after getting blocked a few times. Truly amazing tracks...makes me wonder why they couldn't afford to add an additional 20 seconds to certain pieces.

heh off topic, but I put issue 50 aside until I reread everything leading up to it. Damn, well I was expecting something big at the end, but it's probably still worth the read.

I hope that all of you that were interested in the "Boggarts!" source music got the mp3 while you could (BTW has anybody identified it yet?)

I've removed it from the briefcase and added the following cues in its place:

03 Family Photo

04 The Playground

05 The Knight Bus Approaches

07 The Knight Bus part2

29 Draco's Note

58 Werewolf Scene Again

The following files are all still there:

09 Mr. Weasley's Warning

10 Train in the Rain

12 Arrival At Hogwarts

13 Dumbledore's Speech

14 Gryffindor Dormitory

21 Sirius Black Sighting

32 A Walk in the Woods / Winter

33 Honeydukes / The Shrieking Shack

40 Harry's First Patronus

42 Peter Pettigrew

50 Finding Ron

51 Inside the Shrieking Shack

60 Rescuing Sirius

All you need to do is PM me, or post here, your Yahoo! id, and as soon as I type your id in, you will have access to download all of the above tracks from http://briefcase.yahoo.com/jwhp3 (Make sure to sort by name, and to click "Show All" once you're in)

Check out the unreleased percussion-based action peice at the end of "Werewolf Scene Again" - One of the highlights of the unreleased material for me...

• 3 weeks later...

By the way Hedwig's theme in PoA(Lumos) is NOT the same recording as Hedwig's Theme in SS or CoS.The pitch is very different.

K.m.

Man I LOVE Sirius's Theme for his sighting, etc. So simple yet dramatic.

POA is really fine JW.... Double Trouble is mischevious and just genius. Arrival at Hogwarts - I especially like the accompaning harpsichord/ organ-ish part doing the running sixteenths under the main melody. It reminds me of Bach.

Is it really a harpsichord, I wonder? It sounds more organ-ish. Or was that achieved with a synthesized sound? Curious.

My Yahoo ID is gab1279 If you're still doing the briefcase...

I only got the first four cues from the geocities one. The others didn't work.