What WILL be the next BEST Williams Epic score?

King Mark

Next best BIG score  

29 members have voted

1. 1.

• Star Wars Episode 3
    • War of the Worlds
    • Indiana Jones 4
    • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of things. I'm not going into this right now. It just sounds like a bad idea. It sounded like one to me from the start.

- Marc

By this attitude they never should have made any SW films after Star Wars.

Just because you've already got a good thing doesn;t mean it cannot be expanded upon.

I don't see that as a bad thing at this point.

Neil

Neil

Neil! That is bloody blasphemy! ;)

I mean come on! If that happened we never woud have gotten ESB.

IMO eveb ROTJ was definately worth having.

Neil

Neil! That is bloody blasphemy! ;)

I mean come on! If that happened we never woud have gotten ESB.

IMO eveb ROTJ was definately worth having.

I'm not getting into this again. Sorry.

Neil

I'm telling you,Lucas next big next big thing is taking old actors and making them look young with CGI.They sort of did that with Christopher Lee's body in AotC...not they'll do that to Harison ford too,and make his face like 20 years ago.

K.M.

I'll be very interested to hear the approach Williams with his new style takes with Indy.

I have no doubt that if Indy does get made it will just be a big CGI reel. Lucas seems to like playing with his toy ILM.

I have no doubt that if Indy does get made it will just be a big CGI reel. Lucas seems to like playing with his toy ILM.

Except, that if it does happen (and I hope it doesn't) it will be a Spielberg film, not a Lucas film.

Neil

I'm telling you,Lucas next big next big thing is taking old actors and making them look young with CGI.They sort of did that with Christopher Lee's body in AotC...not they'll do that to Harison ford too,and make his face like 20 years ago.

K.M.

Well, there's already make-up effects that could get them halfway there. What exactly did they do to Lee in AOTC?

KM is probably right. ALMIOST certainly if this film does get made (which I honestly still hope it does I must say) there will be shots of a digital Harrison Ford jumping off crap and taking falls. Its sad but unfortunately this is what waiting so friggin long has made this series come to.

OH and to answer neeja's question above me, in AOTC Lee's head was superimposed on a stuntguy's body during many of the fight scene moments in AOTC.

Well, there's already make-up effects that could get them halfway there. What exactly did they do to Lee in AOTC?

Christopher Lee couldn't handle Dooku's fight scene, so for most of the shots a stunt double (who is just as old as Lee, mind you) filled in for him, then ILM pasted a CG Lee face onto him. But I assure you they did not modify Lee's body with CG effects.

a stunt double (who is just as old as Lee, mind you)

What documentation do you have to prove there is a stunt double making films who is Lee's age? For the record he was 78 or so when he made AOTC.

Neil

OH and to answer neeja's question above me, in AOTC Lee's head was superimposed on a stuntguy's body during many of the fight scene moments in AOTC.

Didn't they also do that to McGregor and Neeson in TPM?

No. I think they filmed the whole thing themselves with no doubles. If they did use doubles, they didn't use any CG tricks.

What documentation do you have to prove there is a stunt double making films who is Lee's age? For the record he was 78 or so when he made AOTC.

I must have been duped by the white beard. There is a stunt double shown in the "From Puppets to Pixels" Episode II documentary, but he is not named and his age is not very clear.

No. I think they filmed the whole thing themselves with no doubles. If they did use doubles, they didn't use any CG tricks.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw clips in the making of with doubles doing the fight, and the actors getting their faces scanned.

Are you sure? I could have sworn I saw clips in the making of with doubles doing the fight, and the actors getting their faces scanned.

Well, I was pretty sure I was sure until you asked me if I was sure, now I'm not so sure. Are you sure? :wave:

Seriously, I thought that's the way it was. I don't remember doubles or CG scanning. But I could be wrong. I'd have to watch the DVD specials again to be sure.

It was Neeson and McGregor for most of it except the flips and fancy stuff.