The Terminal Oversampled

Looks like track 11 and 13 on that Dreamworks fansite about The Terminal soundtrack were broken. Now, it has been re-uploaded with one important difference: these two tracks are now more than just samples, they are complete! Quickly download and enjoy.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I just noticed that! I thought it was some kind of mistake, but it could just be pure kindness too :wave: Well whatever it is, thank you Dreamworks!! Soundquality might not be 192kbps but I don't care :P

Although I think it's a little too early to judge this score based on the available samples, I 've found much delight in it, especially the two complete tracks (thank you Prick for the alert!)

The Love Theme is very good, actually! I find the "Viktor Theme" a little lacking in emotional depth (probably not the intention anyway), but the Love Theme is profound and grand.

Did Williams compose the national anthem? Probably. It's a little mocking ofcourse, but an incredibly fun piece and would actually serve as a "real" national anthem very well.

During the 60's Williams would do these things too. Like the Parade and March from the How To Steal A Million score or the Robbery music from Fitzwilly. Lately Williams did the same with the Aunt Marge's Waltz from The Prisoner Of Azkaban. It's sounds like classical music, but it's mostly referred to as "mock-classic". This doesn't mean it's bad or inferior, for John Williams is an extremely talented composer at having fun with the music from the past.

The theme from the second track (accordion theme) is a little too conventional for my taste and doesn't really outweigh some similar pieces by Maurice Jarre or even Hans Zimmer. But on the other hand; we haven't heard the complete piece yet...

Overall I'm reminded again of Ennio Morricone (or is that just me?) I'm speculating that Williams is a great admirer of Morricone's work, maybe ignited by Spielberg's request to "lean" upon Morricone's Mission score when scoring Empire Of The Sun.

Bye,

Roald

This sounded cool, I find it rather amazing that Williams does central and eastern european music in such depth.

Did Williams compose the national anthem? Probably. It's a little mocking ofcourse, but an incredibly fun piece and would actually serve as a "real" national anthem very well.

I found the national anthem harlious. :mrgreen: