williams getting old

tony69

I was thinking for sometime and remembered that kamen is dead. Then my mind wandered to williams and i was like OH NO! he's like 70 something. He's getting old that means he might die in the next ten years! So we might not hear stuff like WOTW cuz that will be in 4 years time or mebbe episode 7 if there is such a tihng. What will we do if he dies before the HP series is over? What will the spielberg film be without williams? like who will replace him?

He is looking old in some recent pictures and interviews(like the one on The Terminal website).Yeah,I'm concerned about it.I've been concerned he might not make it to Ep3 since 1999,lets just hope he does.

When he dies it's probably the only celebrity/artist in which it will affect me greatly.

K.M.

people who don't die young grow old,

get used to it.

He is looking old in some recent pictures and interviews(like the one on The Terminal website).

He looked okay in Boston.

Neil

I met Williams last year in Pittsburgh and he looked quite vibrant for his age. Williams looks as if he lives a clean, healthy life and doesn't appear to have any chronic ailments. Let's not bury the poor guy by virtue of his chronological age. I'm more worried about Goldsmith who's been battling cancer for the last little while.

OK, why not set up a betting poule the whole MB can participate in.

We all bet 10 Euro's (12.1021 dollars) and give out our gues when Williams will kick the bucket.

The guy who's closest to the actual time of death is the winner.

I'll be putting my money of April 14th, 2007, 10:04 (GMT)

I can't do that Stefan, I have all my death money on the Pope,

well maybe a date,

How about Sept 6th, 2023

Williams should have many good years left in him. He always seems to be rather healthy (good music will do that to you) and free from other afflictions associated with those years. Hell, I'm surprised that David Raksin is still around. He has always looked good for his age.

Yeah, Raksin looks very good for his age. But look at Goldsmith- he looked good and verile up until recently. He seemes to have aged a lot in a relatively brief time. So you never know.

Let's not forget Elmer Bernstein is still productive at 82 and was nominated for an Academy Award for Far From Heaven at the age of 80. I'd like to think John Williams still has plenty of life in him and will be astonishing us with his music for many years to come.

Kathy, who wishes someone would release Bernstein's original music for the 2004 documentary Cecil B. DeMille.

look at Goldsmith- he looked good and verile up until recently. He seemes to have aged a lot in a relatively brief time. So you never know.

Goldsmith has never really taken care of himself, as far as I know. He smoked for years and years and perhaps that has caught up with him. I really hope he can pull through this though and keep composing for years to come.

Neil

look at Goldsmith- he looked good and verile up until recently. He seemes to have aged a lot in a relatively brief time. So you never know.

Goldsmith has never really taken care of himself, as far as I know. He smoked for years and years and perhaps that has caught up with him. I really hope he can pull through this though and keep composing for years to come.

Neil

Yep, smoking can shorten a person's life considerably.

I think the moderator should ban any topics and/or posts discussing this matter.

Jeff -- perishing the thought

I agree, this thread has become inappropriate.

I agree, I don't see why we need to discuss this. We all know that we'll be devastated when he does pass away. But instead of obsessing about it, let's enjoy the time between now and that unknown and hopefully far away time to it's fullest. We know he's gonna keep writing music until that day comes. And after.

Williams should have many good years left in him.  He always seems to be rather healthy (good music will do that to you) .

Tell that to Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart, Berg, Mahler (etc etc etc)

You guys care more about the death of his music than the man himself

The Man and his Music have become synonymous. One, however, will of course live forever.

Ray Barnsbury

Williams should have many good years left in him.  He always seems to be rather healthy (good music will do that to you) .

Tell that to Beethoven, Schubert, Mozart, Berg, Mahler (etc etc etc)

Not much danger of Williams dying from lead poisoning.

I'm expecting a new recording by John Williams celebrating Leonard Bernstein's 100th Birthday, the way he did with George Gershwin in 1998.

Performed by the Boston Symphony, no less.

:music: Shostakovich Festive Overture, Op.96

The Boston Pops Orchestra

John Williams

I think the moderator should ban any topics and/or posts discussing this matter.

Jeff -- perishing the thought

I agree, this thread has become inappropriate.

I was just putting the finishing touches on my "What will John Williams die of?" poll.

K.M.

Not much danger of Williams dying from lead poisoning

really, I've heard John has eaten more than his fair share of paint chips in his time!

Hah! I can just see him thinking one day, "Why don't I use my grandson's computer so see about this lovely JWFan.net I was made aware of in that card from Boston" and then stumbling upon this thread or a "How Will JW Die?" poll. :music:

Ray Barnsbury

he will die at the hands of Jerry Goldsmith in a celebrity deathmatch LOL

he will die at the hands of Jerry Goldsmith in a celebrity deathmatch LOL

Nah, it's gonna be at the hands of the usurper fo the throne- Giacchino. And guess who William's gonna cheer for......

Goldsmith has never really taken care of himself, as far as I know.  He smoked for years and years and perhaps that has caught up with him.  I really hope he can pull through this though and keep composing for years to come.

Neil

Doesn't JW smoke cigars??

Williams has a good sense of humor, he'd probably chuckle if he saw this thread. He's even alluded to his own mortality, hasn't he? I thought I read a quote once of JW saying something about "him joking with Lucas to hurry up and finish the Star Wars films so that he'll be around to finish scoring them." Does anyone remember a quote like this?

Jeff - who is more worried about JW finishing the Potter films

I think Williams will make it to the 80+. However, it is impossible to say how long he remains productive. Personally my my dream is that he would be able to compose a opera in the remaining years. Does anyone know anything about the rumored project (Placido Domingo & Williams) ? I heard that they haven't found a decent text (libretto) yet and that Williams wasn't sure if he really wanted to do it.

I also think it would be nice, if he chose to score something other than a Spielberg film after the last Star Wars. And finally a comment about his age: I think as long as he is conducting, he must be in pretty good condition. (Is he going to conduct in London next spring or not??)

-Snowster

Neil should put a stop to this.

no, Neil should add to it with his wicked sense of humor.

John Williams will die of an overdose,

wait, he'll be killed in an Earthquake, or maybe he burn up in a highrise fire, could be he might get eaten by a shark, or walk into a propellor blade. There is a small chance his heart will get ripped out, or get chewed up by a t-rex, or a velociraptor.

There is a very slight chance he will get smashed by a cannonball, or commit suicide after watching AI. Voldemort might hit him with the Arvadra Kedavra(sp?) curse, or even executed for a future crime he might commit.

he will die at the hands of Jerry Goldsmith in a celebrity deathmatch

In a morbid irony Williams will be found off the shore of lake Eerie next the body of an unidentified teen. Both suffered fatal wounds from the first shark ever found in Lake Eerie...

Justin

John Williams will die of an overdose,

wait, he'll be killed in an Earthquake, or maybe he burn up in a highrise fire, could be he might get eaten by a shark, or walk into a propellor blade.  There is a small chance his heart will get ripped out, or get chewed up by a t-rex, or a velociraptor.

There is a very slight chance he will get smashed by a cannonball, or commit suicide after watching AI.  Voldemort might hit him with the Arvadra Kedavra(sp?) curse, or even executed for a future crime he might commit.

Nah, epic lightsaber deul. And for those of you who think that the old guys can't wield a lightsaber, (highlight for Ep. 3 spoiler)check out Palpatine in Ep. 3!

Justin, I just found out recently that in the 1950's there was a shark attack in Lake Michigan, so you wont be the first to be eaten by a shark in the Great lakes.

Hey folks look at it this way:

For all we know the man could theoretically live to be 107.

He seems like he is in good shape. His scoring work keeps his body as well as mind going strong. IMO hes got at least 10 more years ahead of him. Could be wishful thinking but who knows?