williams getting old

tony69

While alot of this thread is done in good humor, you know that you could be tempting fate.

Ever watch a football game and the announcer says the quarterback hasn't thrown an interception or the running back hasn't fumbled all season and then on the next play........well

I've also seen it happen with other things as well.

Just a little thought.

Why can't we just discuss the death of Hans Zimmer?

sometimes we have to keep our dreams to ourselves.

Ever watch a football game and the announcer says the quarterback hasn't thrown an interception or the running back hasn't fumbled all season and then on the next play........well

I can say I've witnessed this freakish occurence last November when Donovan McNabb through an interception right after the radio announcers said he hadn't thrown an interception in x number of games. The Eagles still won though only to later lose to this team when it really mattered the most.

Neil

I can just hear the announcer as he quitely speaks.

John is conducting a piece from the final Star Wars film. He's not died in over 70 years.

Oh MY GOD, he's just dropped dead at his podium, I guess I must have jinxed him. On minute he was conducting his Duet of the Fates, and the next minute he was just dead. I guess I shouldn't have said he hasn't died in 70 years. Boy am I embarrassed.

Can I call you Bob?

Oh God, I can't resist... :mrgreen:

"You may call me MURRAY. I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness shall applaud me as I stride through the gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

"Stride?"

"All right then, roll! ROLL through the gates of Hell! Must you take the fun out of everything?"

I think I'm gonna have every line Murray's ever had up here before too much longer. LOL

Williams said that turning 70 feels no different than turning 40. And his music sounds more verile than ever. My guess is that he's going to keep working in film only with Spielberg, Lucas, and some projects that he just can't resist. I also think he's going to write a serious magnum opus for the concert hall with chorus and orchestra. He mentioned in an interview once that he wanted to do this. So if he seems to be working less in the next decades, my guess is he's going to surprise us with a vast masterpiece that has no film attached. Perhaps he'll write a new symphony. Whatever the case, as long as he composes at least a couple scores every 2-3 years or so, I'm happy he gets to relax.

A symphony would be nice.Much better idea than a Opera.In fact I cringe at the idea of an opera,any opera,by anyone.

K.M.Who thinks Opera is for old men in tuxedos and looking through a monocle

K.M.2.Contunuing to post dumb things today.

Oh, at least go see Die Zauberflote (Mozart) - it's hilarious and has good music! It's a good opera to see if you think all opera sucks. Really, any of his comic operas are a good place to start. Cosi fan Tutte, Marriage of Figaro, etc.

SeekUYoda, who is neither an old man in a tux nor a monocle-holder.

I'm not fond of Die Zauberflöte. There's a lot of other operas I'd recommend instead...other Mozart (Don Giovanni, La nozze di figaro, Cosi fan tutte), or Wagner, Strauss, Bizet, Mussorgsky...

K.M.Who thinks Opera is for old men in tuxedos and looking through a monocle

Ah, like orchestral music.

Marian - :?

Why can't we just discuss the death of Hans Zimmer?

LOL , although I think we shouldn't be discussing anyone's death. :)

Besides the great music, we'd be losing hands down the funnest film composer there is.

we'd be losing hands down the funnest film composer there is.

I can't even begin to count the errors with that statement.

Neil

I could count one potential one- and I've yet to find any film composer to be truely fun in person except for Zimmer.

• 18 years later...