williams getting old

tony69

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

lol :lol:

JWFan was such a wild place back in 2004. 

Many members then are no longer posting.

I miss Rogue_Leader, he introduced me to Giacchino :(. Anybody knows what happened to him?

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Ironically, they all passed away before Williams. 

16 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

not funny...

14 hours ago, Tom said:

Well, maybe not, but I did use the word "ironic" correctly--that has got to count for something.  

It's funny. And it's sad. But not mean.

21 hours ago, Tom said:

Ironically, they all passed away before Williams. 

more importantly, they passed away before the Prequel scores got expanded

(might happen to me)

it's funny when this thread started I was hoping Williams wouldn't die before recording Episode 3

Now will he make it to record the new 2028 Los Angeles Olympic theme?

After 72+18 years, empirical evidence is accumulating that John Williams is timeless and doesn't age.

People with more birthdays tend to live longer.

Williams writing a fanfare for the 2028 LA Opening Ceremony would be a wonderful capstone to his career. Hopefully he's able to. (Conducting the piece would be even better, but that seems like too much to hope for given that he'll be six years older by then. Then again, with JW, you never know!)

3 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

So, you seriously think, that his career does have crowning glory already?

The piece itself would not be a major piece of work, but the fact that it would come at the end of a phenomenal, and transcendent, career, would be significant. Anyone who might witness this at the ceremony, would be applauding the man, rather than the heard music. When people get lifetime achievement awards, it is not the work, but the worker, who is being honoured. So it would be with L.A. 2028.

Of course, all this is pure conjecture.

To answer your question; in the public eye, he will be always remembered for STAR WARS. No question. For me, his "crowning glory" is CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND.

50 minutes ago, Darth Mulder said:

I've been thinking about it too. So, how to propose it to the official organisers of the Olympic Games??? 

You make them an offer they can't refuse. You place a contract in front of them, which guarantees JW will write said music. You then hold a gun to their heads and say that either their signatures, or their brains, will be on that contract.

They'll sign.

1 hour ago, Darth Mulder said:

It's quite possible he has something writen that hasn't been used before. I think that Summon the Heroes was composed in 1988 and not published until 1996.

Why do you think that?  

John was 28 when I was born. I was 3 or 4 when I discovered Johnny Williams, by age five I was a disciple. Now he's 90 and I will be 62 in eight weeks. I don't regret idolizing him one bit.

On 07/07/2022 at 8:26 AM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Wouldn't that be a thing; to see the 96 year-old JW step on to the podium, to conduct the opening ceremony? It really would be the crowning glory of his career.

Berlin was the crowning glory.

10 hours ago, BB-8 said:

Does God age?

No...

3 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

...can you make a deal with him?

... and no.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Berlin was the crowning glory.

What happened in Berlin?

On 14/07/2022 at 9:15 PM, JoeinAR said:

John was 28 when I was born. I was 3 or 4 when I discovered Johnny Williams, by age five I was a disciple. Now he's 90 and I will be 62 in eight weeks. I don't regret idolizing him one bit.

Me who is 17: