"Bite My Shiny Metal.." Sirius instead of Bender?

Ollie

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't picture Gary Oldman as Greivous. I'm sure I'd be proved wrong if it happens, but who knows if it will. Rumors are rumors. Lucas has never hired a big name to do a voice only part in a SW film, other than James Earl Jones, and I don't know if he was that well known back then.

John- who likes Bender, but who's favorite Futurama character is Dr. Zoidberg.

Lucas has never hired a big name to do a voice only part in a SW film, other than James Earl Jones, and I don't know if he was that well known back then.

James Earl Jones wasn't even credited on Star Wars until 1997.

Neil

And he also wasn't a big star in 77'.

OK, that's what I wasn't sure of. I wasn't around to know. So now I can say that Lucas has NEVER hired a big name to do a voice only part in a SW film. :mrgreen:

He was an Oscar nominated actor and a Golden Globe winner at that point in his career.

Neil

He was an Oscar nominated actor and a Golden Globe winner at that point in his career.

Neil

But he was not a big star. He was nominated for the oscar and won The Golden Globe for his breakout performance (in The Great White Hope, in which he reprised his Tony winning broadway role), and then had a couple of supporting performances in semi-big movies, a lot of praise for his King Lear, but nothing really big.

So he was not a big star at all when he did Star Wars.

John DiMaggio voiced Grievous for The Clone Wars cartoon.

Neil

where have you gone John DiMaggio,

a nation turns it's lonely eyes to you, woo, woo, woo

What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson

Joltin' John has left and gone away

Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey

DiMaggio as Grievous was nothing special. They need to un-cancel Futurama so he'll have something better to do.

I can't picture Gary Oldman as Greivous.

Well, you don't need to picture him as Grievous. :mrgreen:

So now I can say that Lucas has NEVER hired a big name to do a voice only part in a SW film.

What about Frank Oz? Or was that pre-Muppets/Sesame Street as well?

Good point, I didn't think of him. But that was voice/puppetering too, not just voice.

Good point, I didn't think of him. But that was voice/puppetering too, not just voice.

But maybe, just maybe Lucas will scrap the idea of CG Grievous, and Oldman will be his puppeteer! That would be... Good I suppose...

Because he's completely CGI. He's a cyborg thingie whose only organic part of his body is his eyes. He's the new villain on the block in Ep.III.

Or so I've gathered, I don't care much for Star Wars in general (apart from the scores) so I rarely look in the threads concerning the next instalment.

Grevious is supposed to be THE bad guy in Ep. 3, much like Darth Maul in TPM. I think I've heard officially that he's the general of the Separatist (Count Dooku's) forces. He's supposed to have a major role in the wiping out of the Jedi.

• 2 months later...

A little research into the domain ownership proves that douglasmanagementgroup.com is a bogus site. It's registered to a firm that runs online dating services and SPAM mailing programs.

This site manufactured the rumor that Oldman was cast in Episode III in the first place. Unfortunately, the rumor was picked up by several news outlets, despite the fact that the casting was never confirmed by Lucasfilm, and without any research into the legitmacy of said site.

The story has already been pulled from TheForce.net.

The story has already been pulled from TheForce.net.

And from my above post. I strive to be accurate with my news posts here, and my general rule of thumb is that if it is on a site like Mugglenet or TFN, they are usually reliable so I go with it. Sometimes even the best have to retract something.

Is Oldman in? Was he ever? We'll find out.

• 2 weeks later...
The hell? Can't Lucas pick somebody other than A Famous Actor from a Recent Blockbuster Film?

In this case it is like having Donovan after General Veers, or Indiana Jones after Han Solo, or Han Solo after the guy in American Graffitti.

(You know Gimli was formerly known as Sallah, right? :angry: )