Unknown Piece (very Williams-esque!)

TownerFan

I don't know if this has already benn discussed here... but I found this short piece (1 min.) which sounds very Williams-esque. It sounds like the Williams of the mid-80's (SPACECAMP, AMAZING STORIES etc.), but it isn't form any of these soundtracks... maybe it's something by Broughton or Horner...

The piece comes from this website http://www.kigot.com

Any of you know what this piece could be?

Listen Here!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like Alf Clausen's parody of E.T., from that Simpsons episode, A Star is Burns, where Mr. Burn makes his own biopic for the Springfield Movie Festival.

Either that or some hack poorly ripping E.T. off.

-Ross, remembering the Imperial March in that episode.

Hmmm, I could be imagining things, but it does sound vaguely familiar. Sounds like Horner in the beginning, then more like Williams. I could even believe it was Silvestri.

Ray Barnsbury

This sounds like Alf Clausen's parody of E.T., from that Simpsons episode, A Star is Burns,  where Mr. Burn makes his own biopic for the Springfield Movie Festival.

Either that or some hack poorly ripping E.T. off.

-Ross, remembering the Imperial March in that episode.

I've never seen that Simpsons episode, but I can buy that piece being an ET parody, especially the second half of it.

The beginning sounds a lot like Philip Glass...  

and the end sounds Silvestri-ish.

Definately sounds Philip Glass - gets confusing after that though - sounds like typical plinky Williams flying music, just not quite as good quality (see Escaflowne: We're Flying - good, just not E.T. Flying though).

And the end? A bit generic, couldn't put a composer to it - I think it's a bit too short for Williams/Horner/Silvestri, though I could be wrong. Hmm, it'd be interesting to find out.

I can hear the Williams, Horner, and Silvestri in the clip, too. This piece sounds rather familiar. For some reason, I think it might be from an animated film. But that might just be my mind playing tricks on me.

I can hear the Williams, Horner, and Silvestri in the clip, too. This piece sounds rather familiar. For some reason, I think it might be from an animated film. But that might just be my mind playing tricks on me.

Well, we can erase Williams from the list then :(