'Spider-Man' soundtrack customized for regions

A Billboard staff report

(Billboard) - Sony Entertainment wants the "Spider-Man 2" compilation soundtrack to take over the world.    

In what the company is calling the most ambitious global marketing plan ever for a soundtrack, Sony is releasing as many as 11 versions of the soundtrack internationally. One of the chief goals is to break select Sony artists on the album in multiple markets.  

"It's a very modern-rock-leaning soundtrack," Brunman explains. "We decided that the soundtrack is not about having the biggest-selling artists but to have music that's right for the soundtrack. These songs were specifically written for the spirit of the movie and the Spider-Man character."

Yahoo! News

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's a very modern-rock-leaning soundtrack," Brunman explains. "We decided that the soundtrack is not about having the biggest-selling artists but to have music that's right for the soundtrack. These songs were specifically written for the spirit of the movie and the Spider-Man character."

;)

They had enough songs written for the movie to fill ELEVEN CDs? So what did Elfman write, a 10 hour score?

Marian - who wouldn't have bought it anyway.

These releases are predominantly songs with only one or two score tracks. Though the original film got a score CD, but it was only 45 minutes. I hope this film gets a score - the Spidey Suite on the 'soundtrack' was ok (reminded me how Elfman's score to the original was actually nicely done). This score release had better be longer and a little more interesting.

A score CD is coming in July from all I've heard. Can't wait to hear more of Doc Ock's theme.

UPDATE: That article that was linked to above actually gave a date for the Elfman CD release! July 20!

I think they are speaking only about the Pop songs release (which will arrive ages before the score release- at least here)

Expect a score release in the near future

And about EPIII, well if the released 11 versions, and every one had an unreleased cue. That could mean the whole score released and we could get one version and share :devil: with other members!

will this score cd also contain the new music of the other contributing composers since Elfman walked away from the project?

Elfman is not scoring?

I should look the news more often...

There was last minute re-editing done to the film and Elfman was not available to do the work. Christopher Young, John Debney, Steve Bartek and Joseph LoDuca apparently came in and did some work on it. Debney is supposedly credited (I'll let you know tomorrow) and Christopher Young seems to have worked on two cues, one of them involving a fight on a subway. I'm not sure about Bartek and DeLuca's contribution, if they were even involved past a certain point.

Neil

Elfman is not scoring?

I should look the news more often...

Yeah I didn't know that either. Well this sucks.

I've heard the Young cues are great.

Neil

From what I've heard they just reworked some of Elfman's cues due to some last minute editing that he was unavailable for.

Do you mean you would like to have to buy ten different soundtrack albums just to get all of the score that's released?

Marian - who doesn't understand.

:) Signs (James Newton Howard)

Do you mean you would like to have to buy ten different soundtrack albums just to get all of the score that's released?

Marian - who doesn't understand.

8O Signs (James Newton Howard)

No i just want to see a Label give a score that much support.

So far the reviews are ecstatic. Do people here concur?

Regarding the movie? No.

Neil - who saw Young and Debney's credits at the end of the film

I thought Spiderman 2 was a pretty good flickInvolving from beginning to end,and makes you care about the characters.Somehow the storyline reminded me of Superman 2.The score sounds the same as the first movie.As much as I liked it,I`m still more involved with franchises that has the Williams factor,right now Star Wars and Harry Potter.

K.M.

I've heard the Young cues are great.

Neil

Well they maybe have been written few days ago compared to Elfman's work, but personalise them and calling them young, isnt it too much?

Luke, joking of course

;)