The Patriot Complete (In Film) Cue List

ridan

This is a Complete cue list for The Patriot as the music is presented in the film. The OST is so out of order that i have not yet been able to determine where music is on the CD, and what the Chronological order of the cues would be on CD.

The Patriot Complete (In Film) Cue List

1. Main Titles (2:51) Official CD Track 2/Partially Unreleased

2. The North Star (1:41) Officially Unreleased

3. To Charles Town (1:40) Official CD Track 3 (0:00-1:42)

4. Source Cue (0:30) Officially Unreleased

5. The Levy Passes (1:27)

6. Gabriel's Letter (3:45)

7. Put Them Away (0:30)

8. Redcoats at the Farm (Film Version) (0:42)

9. Tavington (0:23) Officially Unreleased

10. The Death of Thomas (4:08) Official CD Track 5 (0:47-4:47)

11. Rescuing Gabriel (1:11) Official CD Track 9 (1:13-2:13)

12. The Ghost is Born (1:30) Official CD Track 9 (-End)

13. I've Done Nothing... (0:52)

14. Benjamin Leaves (2:00)

15. Over Before it Began (1:48)

16. Inept Rustics (0:16)

17. Lost Cause (0:48)

18. My Father Taught Me (1:35)

19. Recruiting the Parishoners (2:59) Official CD Track 6

20. Pub Source Cue 1 (0:25)

21. Pub Source Cue 2 (1:42)

22. Melting Figurines (0:26)

23. Militia Training (1:27) Officially Unreleased

24. Militia Source Cue (0:54)

25. British Source Cue (2:53)

26. Calling on Ann (2:16) Official CD Track 8 (0:00-2:16)

27. Hopes and Dreams (2:03)

28. Tavington's Trap (1:58) Official CD Track 10

29. Remembering Ft. Wilderness (1:53) Partially Unreleased/ Official CD Track 9 (0:00-1:13)

30. Fort Caroline (0:55)

31. Holy Ghost (0:20)

32. Tavington Returns (1:16)

33. Martin's Trick (0:42)

34. Brutal Tactics (3:03)

35. Burning the Plantation (1:48)

36. Susan Speaks (1:03)

37. Burnings Along the Santee (0:39)

38. Beach Town (1:19)

39. The Wedding /Source (2:27)

40. Martin and Charlotte (0:59)

41. Susan Speaks Again (1:05)

42. Trust the French (1:31)

43. The Church Aflame (2:46)

44. Aftermath (1:10)

45. Revenge (2:27)

46. Gabriel Wounded (1:40)

47. Gabriel's Death (0:40)

48. Justifying Death (1:02)

49. The Patriot (1:20)

50. Facing the British Line (3:38)

51. War Drums (2:03)

52. Tavington's Charge (2:30)

53. Martin Vs. Tavington (5:41)

54. The War Ends/ The Return Home (5:22)

55. End Credits (The Patriot) (6:59)

Alternates

Recoats at the Farm (0:46) Official CD Track 5 (0:00-0:46)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it be maligned? This is a very powerful and moving Score!

I think liking the score often has to do with how long you've been a JW fan for. I became a fan afterward The Patriot came out, and when I saw the movie the first time, the music kinda stuck with me.

So at least for me, I didn't know all of the amazing other JW stuff, so it was one of the 9 scores I bought off Amazon.

By now, I've heard so much superior JW stuff, but I guess first impressions are the lasting ones.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think liking the score often has to do with how long you've been a JW fan for. I became a fan afterward The Patriot came out, and when I saw the movie the first time, the music kinda stuck with me.  

So at least for me, I didn't know all of the amazing other JW stuff, so it was one of the 9 scores I bought off Amazon.  

By now, I've heard so much superior JW stuff, but I guess first impressions are the lasting ones.

Yeah, same here, the difference being I haven't yet heard most of the "superior" stuff yet. I only have five Williams scores outside of Star Wars and Harry Potter. ;)

I don't even have it. I wish John was a little more picky in choosing the right projects.

----------------

Alex Cremers

He generaly is, that was a lapse.

I think the score is unique in being totaly un unique. It is IMO JW's only 'paint by numbers' score, totaly and entirely unoriginal, but that's usualy better than most composers doing their best. Some composers make a living off it, JW did it once.

I've liked JW ever since I saw the Original SW trilogy in 1993, and I still love the score to The Patriot. I don't hear many similarities with other scores, only superficial ones to Amistad and TLW.

Before The Patriot was released, I was disappointed that David Arnold was sacked, but I was also psyched that John Williams was scoring a Roland Emmerich film (The Patriot being one of his better films). I very pleased with the score as presented on album. I get really annoyed when people say that it's Williams on "autopilot" or that it's "unoriginal". The Patriot is anything but.

At that time, the only other Williams soundtracks that I owned were the Star Wars Special Edition trilogy set and Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace, so it was nice listening to something non-SW.

Besides, I see people on this board whinging that Williams should score something else other than Harry Potter, Star Wars or Spielberg films. The Patriot is the last time I remember him scoring something not any of the above.

;)

I get really annoyed when people say that it's Williams on "autopilot" or that it's "unoriginal". The Patriot is anything but. At that time, the only other Williams soundtracks that I owned were the Star Wars Special Edition trilogy set and Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace, so it was nice listening to something non-SW.

You see, that's the difference! At the time of The Patriot's release I owned and knew them all (well, almost all).

Who knows, one day, and for completion's sake, I will actually by this soundtrack (and it has to be really cheap too).

----------------

Alex Cremers

I've always liked the Patriot, and it came out right when I was really starting to get into Williams (at the time all I owned was the Star Wars SEs, TPM OST, and the 2 CD Superman). I remember that summer well, I got Superman, Raiders, ET, Hook, and Last Crusade. Happy days...

But after my Williams collection has grown and grown, I still enjoy the Patriot very much. The main theme is very good, and the action writing is up to Williams' usual standard. And "The Parish Church Aflame" is some of Williams best tragic writing, ever. The score is far from my top 10, but I still enjoy it quite a bit.

Oh. Sorry.

I would take it seriously. Neil might release his Stefan on you (and you wouldn't wanna mess with one of those).

I was, (and still am) taking it seriously. Otherwise, I would have responded with a sarcastic remark...

I rather liked movie and score myself. The DVD commentary track has some pretty good background information on the historical events and characters that were utilized in the film. Williams provided a very serviceable score, all that fife-and-drum, patriotic (duh) Americana and rousing fanfares. There's some kind of studio noise on track 8 around the 2:57 mark. Sounds like someone bumped into one of the percussions or something. Listen closely with headphones -- it will be more apparent.

I would take it seriously. Neil might release his Stefan on you (and you wouldn't wanna mess with one of those).

Wrong, not immidiatly, first there Neil turns all the water in the canals and rivers into blood, then he will cover the land with frogs, Neil's third punishment consisted of swarms of gnats which torments man and beast, His fourth would then be a pest of flies, followed by was a murrain or cattle-pest, after that he would have boils break out both on men and beasts, and for number seven our Moderator would conjure up a savage hailstorm.

And only if all that isn't enough to stop the evil of Ridan, then he would unleash the power of Stefancos, which would result in the destruction of earth, this universe and several neighboring parralel dimensions.

All because Ridan used the word *bump* in a post!

And only if all that isn't enough to stop the evil of Ridan, then he would unleash the power of Stefancos, which would result in the destruction of earth, this universe and several neighboring parralel dimensions.

The Etheral Realm of Shadows is quite safe from your meddlings.

K.M.