Richard Dyer/Boston Globe responds to my Email about W. Ross

JoeinAR

I was surprised to receive an email this morning from Richard Dyer who writes for the Boston Globe. I had expressed my concerns about William Ross and my sadness at the news.

Here is his response:

Hi there-Sorry to hear you are going beserk - I was disappointed when Ken Wannaberg told me this too, and presumably he would know: he said JW simply didn't have enough time between finishing "Minority Report" and starting on the Tom Hanks/Spielberg film. I asked whether JW would be conducting the soundtrack recording, and was told the answer to that question hadn't been determined yet. I wish JW wouldn't try to do so very much, although in response to that question he said he's doing his exercises and feels good and doesn't see any reason not to keep a full schedule. He does love his work, God love him.

All the best wishes, and sincerely yours,

Richard Dyer

Ricard, I did not ask Mr. Dyer's permission to retype his reply here so if you feel that it should be deleted feel free to do so. I feel better now that I have received this reply. Knowing the reason why this is happening somehow makes it a little better.

Joe

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me - the Spielberg/Hanks movie???? I know there's some new project in development incorporating both Hanks and Spielberg, but surely not Catch Me...

I was surprised to receive an email this morning from Richard Dyer who  writes for the Boston Globe.  I had expressed my concerns about William Ross and my sadness at the news.

Here is his response:

Hi there-Sorry to hear you are going beserk - I was disappointed when Ken Wannaberg told me this too, and presumably he would know: he said JW simply didn't have enough time between finishing "Minority Report" and starting on the Tom Hanks/Spielberg film.  I asked whether JW would be conducting the soundtrack recording, and was told the answer to that question hadn't been determined yet.  I wish JW wouldn't try to do so very much, although in response to that question he said he's doing his exercises and feels good and doesn't see any reason not to keep a full schedule.  He does love his work, God love him.  

All the best wishes, and sincerely yours,

Richard Dyer

Ricard, I did not ask Mr. Dyer's permission to retype his reply here so if you feel that it should be deleted feel free to do so.  I feel better now that I have received this reply.  Knowing the reason why this is happening somehow makes it a little better.

Joe

Dyer -- always the Williams devotee. Thanks a bunch, Joe.

Catch Me if You Can, stars Tom Hanks and Leonardo DiCaprio. That is the Hanks/Spielberg picture.

:mrgreen:

THAT sounds better. I figured it had something to do with scheduling, but wasn't sure. I don't mind that as much. Could be worse.

Frosty

Hanks will be his usual great self, but Dicaprio has me worried. I haven't seen a single performance of his that I liked. In fact, I found most of them to be annoying. Oh wait, there was the time he played the mentally challenged kid in What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I thought that role suited him just fine ROTFL

NP: Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I still wish he would drop the Spielberg picture as it sounds like a thriller that many composers could do, and work on Harry Potter, an adventure score that most composers out there could not even tackle, and pretty much all composers who would tackle it would pale in comparason to Williams.