Kerry Biography Music

Darth_Gonzo

Hey guys :music:

I was just watching CNN, and they showed a short clip of the John Kerry Biography that will be showing tonight before he gives his speech. Anyway, I was about to change the channel but I noticed the music playing in the background; that patriotic/heroic kind of music, the stuff Williams is famous for, right?

I knew he was going to be at the convention but I hadn't heard of him writing anything new so I figured that it must have just been some other composer who managed to get a similer sound. There are after all other good composers out there (or so I've heard).

That would have been the end of it, but then they mentioned that Speilberg had directed part of the film :wave:

So I got to figuring:

Speilberg directs it + Williams at Convention = Williams music?

Have you guys heard anything about this?

P.S. sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed it

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been the end of it, but then they mentioned that Speilberg had directed part of the film

From all I have read, Spielberg didn't have anything more to do with the film than to suggest to Kerry that James Moll ("The Last Days," a Spielberg-produced documentary) direct the film. To my knowledge at this point, there's no truth in CNN saying that Spielberg directed anything on it.

Yeah. It was directed by a Spielberg protege. It also was not Williams, I am certain. Though it was inspiring music (I'll will admit that it was a well done, inspiring video). It was good music, but the acoustics and orchestration did not seem typical of Williams. I think it was just stock Patriotic music, or music of the sort. Good, but not Williams, in my opinion. Williams was also not at the convention, at least not in a professional sense (whether he supports Kerry, I know not). He merely took part in a Kennedy-honoring ceremony at Symphony Hall coinciding with the Convention.

~Conor

James Moll directed the Kerry doc.

Nathan Wang scored.

Johnny welcomed Kerry and Edwards to the stage at a celebratory concert with the Pops following Kerry's acceptance speech.

Gotta run - hope all are well.

BTW: very nice Goldsmith nod on the main page. I'll miss him greatly.

Best to you all,

Director

Morgan Freeman was the voice on the video. (Probably everybody figured that out though) It was a nice deal.

Celebratory Concert- I have a rundown of the Fox News Channel footage under "Williams at Democratic Convention" thread. About 30 min of nice JW and Pops footage- and fireworks w/ music display- JW was right up in the limelight with Kerry/Edwards- great stuff. I have tape of it too.

• 2 weeks later...