The Chronological Film Score Thread

fommes

Unless somebody wants to include The Morning Report and John Elton's version of Can You Feel the Love Tonight from disc 2, it is already in order.

Exactly. You would need to put The Morning Report back to where it goes in the updated version of the film. I don't like the song so I don't care where it actually goes. The same is true of Warthog Rhapsody, as I believe it might go somewhere in an updated version of the film, but I don't really care where. Of course, Elton John's rendition of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" would be moved after "The Rightful King" to be the end credits of the film, if someone really has score rearrangement OCD.

But I believe TBO1711 felt obligated to repeat himself to actually ask someone where all the demo tracks of disc 2 would go. Some people might want them before the equivalent "real" track from disc 1, and some might want them right after.

OH WAIT THEY'RE JUST FUCKING DEMOS

• 2 weeks later...

It already is.

Correct.

Exactly. You would need to put The Morning Report back to where it goes in the updated version of the film. I don't like the song so I don't care where it actually goes. The same is true of Warthog Rhapsody, as I believe it might go somewhere in an updated version of the film, but I don't really care where. Of course, Elton John's rendition of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" would be moved after "The Rightful King" to be the end credits of the film, if someone really has score rearrangement OCD.

But I believe TBO1711 felt obligated to repeat himself to actually ask someone where all the demo tracks of disc 2 would go. Some people might want them before the equivalent "real" track from disc 1, and some might want them right after.

OH WAIT THEY'RE JUST FUCKING DEMOS

Given that The Morning Report is an addition that wound up only in one edition of the film and was either removed entirely from future DVD releases or relegated to extras on BR releases, I have no qualms leaving it out of the main body. As for Warthog Rhapsody, it never appeared in the film. It is essentially a demo song that was written and then ditched in favour of Hakuna Matata. There is of course minor separation needed on two tracks but I won't go into that here.

Moving on, this is apparently The Amazing Spider-Man2's chronological order (thanks to H-Z.com user jewen07 - I found a home for "I'm Electro" myself though):

There He Is

I´m Spider-Man

Cold War

No Place Like Home

Ground Rules

Look At Me

You Need Me

So Much Anger

My Enemy

I'm Moving to England

You´re My Boy

I Need To Know

Special Project

Sum Total

We´re Best Friends

I Chose You

Still Crazy

I'm Electro

I´m Goblin

Let Her Go

The Rest of My Life

You´re That Spider Guy

TBO, question for you, have you ever considered figuring out some chronological order of scores yourself and posting the results here rather than simply requesting others do so over and over again?

James Horner's Gorky Park in Chrono order (using the new Intrada CD)

01 Main Title (2:51)

02 No Faces (1:53)

17 A Leather Bag With The Gun (0:39)

18 First Flashback (0:44)

20 Tailing KGB (0:43)

03 Chase Through The Park (1:57)

04 Following Kirwill (3:00)

05A Andreev [0:00-:34] (0:34)

21 Second Flashback In Arkady’s Office (1:22)

05B Andreev [0:34-end] (0:52)

06 Pasha And Golodkin Shot (1:04)

07 Irina’s Chase (3:43)

08 Arkady And Irina (Film Version) (2:12)

24 Regaining Consciousness (0:55)

25 Love Montage (1:21)

26 Irina’s Theme (3:48)

27 The Sable Shed (Film Version) (6:40)

11 Following KGB (2:03)

12 Iamskoy’s Death (0:43)

28 Irina’s Confession (1:11)

31 Stockholm Salted Peanuts (Cocktail Piano) (4:00)

13 Setting Up The Deal (2:35)

29 Farewell At The Airport (Film Version) (2:59)

30 Releasing The Sables/End Credits (Film Version) (4:25)

BONUS TRACKS - Album versions

23 Arkady And Irina (Album Version) (2:28)

09 Irina’s Theme (Album Version) (3:32)

10 The Sable Shed (Album Version) (6:40)

14 Farewell At The Airport (Album Version) (4:19)

15 Releasing The Sables/End Credits (Album Version) (4:23)

BONUS TRACKS - No Classical Insert versions

16 Main Title (Without Classical Inserts) (2:51)

19 First Flashback (Without Classical Insert) (0:33)

22 Second Flashback In Arkady’s Office (Without Classical Insert) (1:07)

• 2 weeks later...

Notes for Planet of the Apes

- Many tracks need a proper fade-in and fade-out. (e.g. Ape Suite 1 and 2)

- Take The Escape, Calima, Dinner Source (Film Version) and Main Titles (Synth & Percussion Only) from the Elfman/Burton box.

- The OST has an extended The Hunt and Main Title Deconstruction, both esp. made for the album.

(In my opinion, the MT Deconstruction closes off the score in a better way than the Ape Suite - it sounds more like a proper credits suite.)

- Main Titles (Film Version)

missing the pan-flute part at the beginning (possibly a last-minute addition) – DVD-rip needed

- Dinner Source

Elfman box contains the film version; the LLL is a different mix with different instruments

- Rave Source

Note that this is already fully integrated in CD 1’s track “The Escape” (like it is in the film)

- Calima

Has a more complete mix on the Elfman box; LLL misses an overlay

- Preparing for Battle

the album version/edit seems to be composed of the film take (0:00-0:25) and of the alternate take (0:25-end)

(Alternatively, of course, it’s also possible that the film version was composed of two takes, and LLL put together the alternate from those two takes as well.)

- Rule the Planet Remix

DVD-rip needed of the film's credits if you want to make a dialogue-free version, which is possible but you'll need the opening and ending from the LLL or OST.

(- Camp Raid on the Elfman box is shortened.)

- The Story on the OST has a very, very slightly extended ending, presumably editorially created to end the cue satisfactorily. The ‘alternate mix’ of the cue doesn’t have it.

Any particular difference between the Elfman Box and LLLR version of "The Escape"?

TBO, question for you, have you ever considered figuring out some chronological order of scores yourself and posting the results here rather than simply requesting others do so over and over again?

I was about to say this. Guy doesn't even both to say thanks. :P

Any particular difference between the Elfman Box and LLLR version of "The Escape"?

Frankly, I forgot why I put "The Escape" there; there must have been a reason though. I think I tried to use all of the E/B box added tracks, if complete, because of the mix. Also, perhaps the source insert was mixed better into the cue on the box than on the LLL?

James Horner's Gorky Park in Chrono order (using the new Intrada CD)

01 Main Title (2:51)

02 No Faces (1:53)

17 A Leather Bag With The Gun (0:39)

18 First Flashback (0:44)

20 Tailing KGB (0:43)

03 Chase Through The Park (1:57)

04 Following Kirwill (3:00)

05A Andreev [0:00-:34] (0:34)

21 Second Flashback In Arkady’s Office (1:22)

05B Andreev [0:34-end] (0:52)

06 Pasha And Golodkin Shot (1:04)

07 Irina’s Chase (3:43)

08 Arkady And Irina (Film Version) (2:12)

24 Regaining Consciousness (0:55)

25 Love Montage (1:21)

26 Irina’s Theme (3:48)

27 The Sable Shed (Film Version) (6:40)

11 Following KGB (2:03)

12 Iamskoy’s Death (0:43)

28 Irina’s Confession (1:11)

31 Stockholm Salted Peanuts (Cocktail Piano) (4:00)

13 Setting Up The Deal (2:35)

29 Farewell At The Airport (Film Version) (2:59)

30 Releasing The Sables/End Credits (Film Version) (4:25)

BONUS TRACKS - Album versions

23 Arkady And Irina (Album Version) (2:28)

09 Irina’s Theme (Album Version) (3:32)

10 The Sable Shed (Album Version) (6:40)

14 Farewell At The Airport (Album Version) (4:19)

15 Releasing The Sables/End Credits (Album Version) (4:23)

BONUS TRACKS - No Classical Insert versions

16 Main Title (Without Classical Inserts) (2:51)

19 First Flashback (Without Classical Insert) (0:33)

22 Second Flashback In Arkady’s Office (Without Classical Insert) (1:07)

I assume Jay's list is correct, but here are a few more notes from the FSM board, as well as John Takis's sequencing:

The new album assembly is a great listen, I think, but anyone who does wish to recreate the full film sequence can simply program the following track order:

1. Main Title

2. No Faces

17. A Leather Bag With The Gun

18. First Flashback

20. Tailing KGB

3. Chase Through The Park

4. Following Kirwill

21. Second Flashback In Arkady's Office

5. Andreev*

6. Pasha And Golodkin Shot

7. Irina's Chase

24. Regaining Consciousness

25. Love Montage

8. Arkady And Irina (Film Version)

27. The Sable Shed (Film Version)

11. Following KGB

12. Iamskoy's Death

28. Irina's Confession

31. Stockholm Salted Peanuts (Cocktail Piano)

13. Setting Up The Deal

29. Farewell At The Airport (Film Version)

30. Releasing The Sables/End Credits (Film Version)

* "Andreev" actually consists of four brief cues that appear surrounding the material in "Second Flashback In Arkady's Office," but they have been combined here into a single track for a more coherent listening experience.

You will note that track 26 ("Irina's Theme") is actually not called "film version" on the Intrada CD. The one called "album version" is from the original album, and "Irina's Theme" seems to be just an alternate version. As far as I understand it, the two versions of "Irina's Theme" and the original album version of "Farewell at the Airport" are actually three alternate concert arrangements of the love theme.

Or they may have been alternate versions for the love scene which is now covered by "Arkady and Irina (film version)". Complicated? I guess so ;-)

Complicated -- but correct, as far as I can tell. "Irina's Theme" is not marked "film version" because it is not in the film. It is an earlier take of the album arrangement with an additional, unused intro. The album track "Farewell at the Airport" is an alternate treatment of this same material, incorporating some ideas from the film version of that cue, and was also probably arranged specially for the album.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Feel free to correct

1) The Future-Main Titles

2) Time's Up (Film Version)

3) I Found Them

4) Rules of Time

5) The First TIme Ever I Saw Your Face

6) Saigon / Logan Arrives

7) He Lost Everything

8) Pentagon Plan / Sneaky Mystique

9) Springing Erik

10) Time In A Bottle

11) How Was She?

12) Paris Pandemonium

13) All Those Voices

14) Contacting Raven

15) Hat Rescue

16) I Have Faith In You / Goodbyes

17) The Attack Begins

18) Do What You Were Made For

19) Join Me

20) Welcome Back / End Titles

21) End Credits 1 - How Was She?

22) End Credits 2 - Hat Rescue

Sorry, forgot Xavier's Theme is after Welcome Back / End Titles

Does anyone have the correct running-order for "The Eiger Sanction"?

If you mean sequencing the album to match most closely the film order (bearing in mind that the album is a re-recording and not the original score tracks), I suggest arranging the album tracks as follows:

[1] Main Title

[11] The Microfilm Killing

[12] Up The Drainpipe

[2] Theme from "The Eiger Sanction"

[9] Theme from "The Eiger Sanction" (Hemlock and Jemima)

[5] Friends and Enemies

[10] George Sets The Pace

[8] Training With George

[6] The Top Of The World

[3] Fifty Miles of Desert *

[13] The Eiger

[4] The Icy Ascent

[7] Theme from "The Eiger Sanction"

* This music does not appear in the film proper but is heard in the theatrical trailer, so you could put it first if you wanted. The world would not cease to turn on its axis if you did.

Yes the score was created beforehand without Williams seeing much of the footage but rather composing music based on the impression he got from conversations with Stone, reading the script and visiting the shoot plus the raw footage. It has to be said some moments fit the film too well to be purely editorial work so JW saw some of the material (I believe the old Boston Globe article mentions about an hour of raw shooting footage) so he could compose to it but much of the score was created as 6 thematic suite which were then used throughout and the pieces were editorially inserted into a lot of scenes in fragments or longer segments. This is why it is very difficult to create exact chronological order for most of the OST since material there was used a number of times during the film. Something like the Prologue, Drummer's Salute (used in the prologue just before JFK's death) Heavenly Father Strong to Save (used only at JFK's funeral scene) and Finale have a clear place in the chronology but many of the other cues/suites do not. E.g. the track Arlington is featured when Garrison Meets Mr. X at Washington, in the arrest scene of Clay Shaw and during the end credits, Motorcade is featured in several scenes involving the motorcade but it tracked also to other instances where the assassination is infered in the film. Death of David Ferrie and Garrison Family Theme are featured a couple of times as well. So one could form a very rough chronology based on the major scenes where the tracks are featured but that's about it.

Anyone have a definitive sequencing for Elfman's Dark Shadows?

Remarks from the Elfman discussion board:

Vicki Enters Collinwood is very different in the film.
There's always something different. I remember some interesting stuff with bells when she sees the painting of Barnabas in the film version. Not sure if it's just been cut short or if it's all different. Will have to see it again/wait for the dvd to check everything out properly.
Now have both albums, and I'm thinking that "The End?" from the song album is the film version of the end credits. The End on the score album is extended, and I remember that drum/cymbal crash at the start of the cue that isn't on the score album version. Can anyone back that up before I have to go see the film again?
Saw the film again. Noticed that the music when Vicki first sees Josette in Collinwood and when Angelique visits the construction site and then goes to Collinwood are not on album.

Cue list: Film Cue Database

Chronological scores/soundtracks sequencing.

Does anyone know about any of these? wave.gif

· The Silence of the Lambs (Howard Shore)

I'm working on it. But I might need someone to confirm.

Howard Shore - The Silence Of The Lambs (1991)

01 - Main Title (partly unused) [OST#01]

02 - Unreleased

03 - The Asylum 1 [OST#02 0:00-2:38]

04 - Return To The Asylum 2 [OST#04 1:13-end]

05 - The Asylum 2 [OST#02 2:38-end]

06 - Unreleased

07 - Clarice [OST#03]

08 - Return To The Asylum 1 [OST#04 0:00-1:13]

09 - The Abduction [OST#05]

10 - Unreleased

11 - Quid Pro Quo 1 [OST#06 0:00-1:09]

12 - Unreleased

13 - Unreleased

14 - Quid Pro Quo 2 [OST#06 1:09-2:19]

15 - Quid Pro Quo 3 [OST#06 2:19-end]

16 - Lecter In Memphis 1 [OST#07 0:00-1:13]

17 - Lecter In Memphis 2 [OST#07 1:13-4:16]

18 - Lecter In Memphis 3 [OST#07 4:16-end]

19 - Lambs Screaming 1 (first part unused) [OST#08 0:00-3:43]

20 - Lambs Screaming 2 (unused) [OST#08 3:43-end]

21 - Lecter Escapes 2 [OST#09 1:20-2:18]

22 - Lecter Escapes 1 [OST#09 0:00-1:20]

23 - Unreleased

24 - Lecter Escapes 3 [OST#09 2:18-end]

25 - Unreleased

26 - Belvedere, Ohio 1 [OST#10 0:00-1:35]

27 - Belvedere, Ohio 2 [OST#10 1:35-2:52]

28 - Belvedere, Ohio 3 [OST#10 2:52-end]

29 - Unreleased

30 - Unreleased

31 - The Moth [OST#11]

32 - Unreleased

33 - The Cellar 1 [OST#12 0:00-2:03]

34 - The Cellar 2 [OST#12 2:03-5:35]

35 - The Cellar 3 [OST#12 5:35-end]

36 - Finale [OST#13 0:00-1:42]

37 - End Credits [OST#13 1:42-end]

Chronological order: 01,02A,04B,02B,03,04A,05,06,07,08,09B,09A,09C,10,11,12,13

Wow, I had no idea the Silence OST was missing music apart from one or two overdubs.

In any case, I recently tackled the chronological order for Demolition Man, one of my favorites:

1. Dies Irae (1:51)
2. Fire Fight (1:35) [actually an alternate]
3. Guilty as Charged (3:58)
11. Tracking Simon Phoenix (3:03)

10. Meeting Cocteau (1:42)

6. Defrosting (1:43)

8. Museum Dis Duel (1:56)
9. Subterranean Slugfest (1:44)

4. Action, Guns, Fun (1:26)
12. Obligatory Car Chase (3:06)
7. Confronting the Chief (0:32)

13. Flawless Pearl (1:15)
15. Code 187 (0:41)

5. Machine Waltz (1:56)

14. Final Confrontation (1:55)
16. Silver Screen Kiss (1:30) [another alternate]

As you can see, vast amounts of music remain unreleased, with the subtle and dramatic moments from the middle of the film dropped in favor of the action cues. Hopefully we get a complete release soon!

Wow, I had no idea the Silence OST was missing music apart from one or two overdubs.

And I never thought the OST had any unused music. For the missing cues, It's probably not that much time-wise. I didn't keep the lengths, but I remember the flashback scene (track 06 on my list) was a 2-minute cue and was the longest portion not present on the release. There might be one or two unreleased cues missing on my list, by the way.

Good catch! I had forgotten that I had re-organized the CD before.

Either way, yes, you could consider my second attempt an update with revisions; by mistake, I had left out two album tracks the first time around

SCREAM 4 / SCRE4M

Needed: Score album (OST) + Woodsboro Entertainment Bootleg (+ Soundtrack album)

With many thanks to FunnyML for the original cue titles.

Notes:

- The volume of the bootleg tracks needs to be increased.
- The leaked "complete score" actually contains the full cues: besides cutting out the silences at the beginning & end of the cues, the Woodsboro bootleg - in two or three cases - cuts out some (very silent and unimportant) seconds of music.
- The bootleg seems to have better quality than the "complete score" leak. So I suspect the bootleg is based on a higher-bitrate version of that leak.
- If anyone knows which cues flow into the next in the film, please let us know.

I'm Not Outside / Stab 6 Main Title
OST 21 2:02-end

Watch the Movie / Stab 7 Main Title
BL 3
(the ending is rather long, whereas in the film it's fairly short and quickly segues to the next cue.
The cue also contains a loop at the ending. I suggest to abbreviate it and fade out.)

1m3 You're Not Real
OST 1

Dewey in the Morning
OST 2

Jenny's Phone Calls Jill
BL 6

Dewey Cleans Up
BL 7

2m10 Cheating on My Diet / Woodsboro 2010
OST 3

When You Let Someone Go
OST 4

It's My Rental
OST 5

The Media Arrives
BL 12

You're Not a Reporter Anymore
BL 13

Interrogation
BL 14

Best Idea Ever
BL 15

How's Gale?
BL 16

No Match for the Ninja
BL 17

You Were Busy
OST 6

In the Closet
BL 19

Olivia Dies / Preview of Coming Events
OST 7

Woodsboro Remake
BL 21

Working Together
OST 8

Fine!
BL 23
(shortens the fade-out from the complete score)

You Are the Message
OST 9

Everything's under Control
OST 10

Structure Apparent / I Know How You Feel
Soundtrack 12
(= BL 26 + OST 11)

(I don't know if these cues are combined in the film.)

Cameras Obscured
OST 12

Gale and Ghostface
OST 13
(Marco Beltrami misspells Gale as Gail)

He's Making the Movie
BL 30

Fuck Bruce Willis
BL 31

You're Shopping?
BL 32

7m38 You're a Survivor
OST 14

The After Party
OST 15

Robbie Hears a Noise
BL 35

Make a Move
BL 36

I'm Gay... If It Helps
BL 37

Jill, Run!
BL 38 + 39
(the bootleg actually cuts the piece in two and deletes some (very silent) music.)

I Got It Right
OST 16

This Is Making a Move
BL 41

Your Ingenue Days Are Over
OST 17

Sole Survivor
OST 18

Touch and Go
OST 19

You Just Won't Die
OST 20

9m51 Don't Fuck with the Original
OST 21 0:00-2:00

BONUS TRACK

I'm Not Outside / Stab 6 Main Title (Alternate)
Jermaine Stegall soundcloud track

Does anyone know how to sequence the JFK OST?

Prologue

Drummers' Salute

Eternal Father, Strong to Save (For Those in Peril on the Sea)

The Witnesses

Garrison Family Theme

The Death of David Ferrie

Arlington

The Conspirators

Garrison's Obsession

The Motorcade

Finale

Theme From JFK

Does anyone know how to re-edit The Expendables 2 into film order? I think one or two tracks are comprised of multiple cues and Tyler's albums are often out of sequence.

How To Train Your Dragon 2 Chronological Order Using The OST and FYC:

#1 Dragon Races: Use OST Track 1: 0:00 - 2:18, FYC Track 1: 2:20 - 2:23, and OST Track 1: 2:18 - End.
#2 Where No One Goes: Use OST Track 19.
#3 Together, We Map The World: Use OST Track 2: 0:00 - End.
#4 Where Have You Been?: Use FYC Track 2: 2:04 - End.
#5 Hiccup's Gonna Be Chief: Use OST Track 3: 0:00 - 3:12, and FYC Track 3: 2:55 - End.
#6 Eret Educates Hiccup: Use FYC Track 4: 0:00 - End.
#7 Drago's Coming: Use FYC Track 5: 0:00 - 0:21, and OST Track 3: 3:12 - End
#8 Eret Has Visitors: Use OST Track 4: 0:00 - 1:00, and the clean ending from FYC Track 6.
#9 Look at That: Use FYC Track 7: 0:00 - End.
#10 War Is What He Wants: Use FYC Track 8: 0:00 - End.
#11 Hiccup and Toothless Attacked: Use the clean opening of FYC Track 9, and OST Track 4: 0:58 - End (The FYC uses the film mix from 1:12 to 1:46)
#12 Twenty... and a Viking: Use OST Track 5: 0:00 - End.
#13 Valka's Dragon Sanctuary: Use OST Track 6: 0:00 - 0:47, and FYC Track 11: 0:45 - End.
#14 Hiccup and Valka Bond: Use the FYC for the clean opening, and OST Track 6: 0:00 - End.
#15 Valka's Flash: Use OST Track 7: 0:00 - 1:53.
#16 Good Alpha: Use OST Track 7: 1:53 - End.
#17 I Grew Facial Hair For You: Use FYC Track 14: 0:00 - End.
#18 Lunch Time: Use OST Track 10: 0:00 - End (FYC Track 15 uses the film mix).
#19 Can We Start Over?: Use FYC Track 16: 0:00 - End.
#20 Class 5?: Use OST Track 8: 0:00 - End.
#21 You Might Wanna Deal With This One: Use OST Track 9: 0:00 - 1:10, and FYC Track 18: 0:52 - 1:06.
#22 Don't Be So Stoic, Stoick!: Use FYC Track 18: 1:06 - 1:09, and OST Track 9: 1:10 - End.
#23 Get Em, You Son of Eret: Use FYC Track 19 0:00 - End.
#24 For The Dancing and the Dreaming: Use OST Track 11: 0:43 - End.
#25 Courting Song (Instrumental): Use OST Track 11: 0:00 - 0:43, and the clean ending from FYC Track 20.
#26 Drago Battle: Use OST Track 12: 0:00 - End.
#27 What Did He Tell You?: Use OST Track 13: 0:00 - End.
#28 Get Out Of Here!: Use OST Track 14: 0:00 - End.
#29 Off to Valhalla: Use OST Track 15: 0:00 - End.
#30 Riding the Hatchlings: Use FYC Track 25: 0:00 - End.
#31 Mind The Furniture!: Use OST Track 16: 0:00 - 0:59.
#32 Distracting The Alpha: Use OST Track 16: 0:59 - End.
#33 Toothless Comes Back: Use OST Track 17: 0:00 - End.
#34 Challenging The Alpha: Use: OST Track 18: 0:00 - 0:26, FYC Track 28: 0:27 - 0:41, and OST Track 18: 0:27 - 2:41.
#35 The Chief Has Come Home: Use the FYC for the clean opening, and OST Track 18: 2:41 - End.
#36 This Is Berk/End Credits: Use OST Track 19.
#37 Dragon Races (Film Version): Use FYC Track 1: 0:00 - 1:14.
#38 Together, We Map The World (Early Demo Version): Use the end of the 5 minute preview for this.
#39 Drago's Coming (Early Demo Version): Use "CloseTheStormDoorsEndDemo" from the Storybook app rip for this.

Not really related to chronological order but not sure where to post it.

For those of you who might be familiar with Beltrami's Omen score...the 4 cues for "Damien's Deliverance" are they unused/revised inserts?

• 2 weeks later...

Scream 3

Needed:

Score = OST

MP3 bootleg

FLAC bootleg (40 tracks - 24 + 16) = BL

(This is not the Woodsboro Entertainment bootleg, which also has 40 tracks, but with other timings and made-up track titles.)

Here We Go Again / Cotton Car

OST 1 + OST 2 + clean ending from BL 2

These cues are separate in the film: so if you want, you can also use BL 1 & 2 for clean ending and opening. However:

- delete the first 9 seconds of BL 1

- the harp at the ending of BL 2 plays an error that the OST version has correct

1m4 100% Scared / 1m5 Cotton Gets Picked

BL 3 + BL 4

Home on the Range

OST 5

Gale Meets Kincaid

BL 6

Immediately followed by the next cue

Sunset Pictures

OST 15

Unused; tracked in the film with Red Right Hand

Does not seem to fit the picture

Roman’s Forum

[unreleased short cue; this cue title seems to fit here, but it may also belong to another cue]

1m8b Dewey and the Gales

BL 7

Dewey and Connie Chung

[unreleased]

Dad Brings the Bacon Home / Sidney’s Nightmare

BL 8 + OST 7

BL 8 is unused

BL 8 ending replaced in film by very brief piano solo (could also be an unreleased opening of Sidney’s Nightmare): this very short cue might possibly be titled “Night Transition”, but that’s a guess.

Boo-Balicious

BL 10

Roman Calls

[short unreleased cue]

Candy Phone / 2m10b Candy Ain’t Sweet

BL 11 + BL 12

Going to Jennifer’s

[short unreleased or tracked cue for Dewey & Gale’s drive to Jennifer’s]

Crime Scene

[short unreleased cue]

The Fall of Roman / Killer Calls Sidney

BL 13 + BL 14

Gale Force / Gale Spies on Dewey

BL 15

(Probably two titles for the same cue)

You can also replace first part of cue by OST 17

Comparing Photos / Stone Cold Dead / Roll with It

OST 6 + BL 17 + BL 18

Cue list spells “Stone Cole Dead”.

“Stone Cold” on the album is an edit of parts of “Stone Cold Dead” and “Cotton Gets Picked”.

4m1 Sid Arrives

BL 19

On the Set

OST 4

= cue title “Meet Martha”?

Immediately follows “Sid Arrives”

Randy Speaks

BL 20

Wes Craven Sting

[unreleased sting; possible cue title taken from ASCAP list]

Doppelgaler

(= “Doppelgailer”)

This cue is on the MP3 bootleg as “Searching”.

I think the cue title “Doppelgaler” is for this short cue, which is a guess but I wouldn’t know which other title might fit here, and where the title “Doppelgaler” might otherwise fit.

Leia & Stormtroopers / Sid in the Can / 4m8a Home Sweet Home / 4m8b Killer in the Closet / Mother’s Room / The Fall Girl

BL 21 + 22 + OST 14 + BL 24 + BL 2.01 + BL 2.02

Milton Takes Meetings / Sidney & Kincaid

BL 2.03 + OST 9

(“Sidney & Kincaid” in cue list as “Sidney & Kidciad”)

“Sidney & Kincaid” is on the website as 5m5 Gale and Dewey Drive to Milton’s (“Gale & Dewey Drive to Milton”), but that cue title is for the next cue (aka “Dewey Mobile”), so I don’t know what 5m5 is for, “Sidney & Kincaid” or “Gale and Dewey Drive to Milton’s” (my guess is the latter).

Gale and Dewey Drive to Milton’s

on mp3 bootleg as “Dewey Mobile (Alternate)”

Follows the previous cue almost immediately.

This cue is largely unused in the film, and it seems like the last section’s scored for a deleted scene. The only part that’s used can be found in the middle section, but it abbreviates even that section (to about the length of the corresponding album version’s part).

Roman Around

BL 2.05

“Roman Around” follows immediately after the part of “Gale and Dewey Drive to Milton’s” that’s used in the film

The Killer Phone

BL 2.06

(follows practically immediately)

(title should possibly be “The Killer’s Phone”)

Ghostface Attacks / Ghostface vs Jennifer / Dewey Falls for Gale

BL 2.07 + 2.08 + OST 11 + second half of BL 2.09

or instead of 2.07 + 2.08, take OST 10, but there are two very minor micro-edits in “Ghostface Attacks”. On the other hand, the album track has correctly mixes the two cues together.

6m4 Sidney’s Call / 6m5 Sidney Joins the Party

(“Sidney Calls” in the cue list, but on Beltrami’s website it’s “Sidney’s Call”, which is also more correct)

OST 16 + BL 2.11

last part of BL 2.11 can be replaced by second half of OST 3

Siddin on a Ghost Face / Trilogy Rambling

BL 2.13 + BL 2.14

(OST 13 is a small segment from BL 2.14)

(The bootleg titles don’t see to match up here anymore.)

Between these two cues (2.14 and 2.15) the film tracks in music from various cues. Of course, as you can see on the DVD, there’s an alternate ending so the film has altered as well.

In that alternate ending, for instance, I think the ending of BL 2.14 matches up perfectly, while in the final film the strangling continues so it’s followed by tracked music immediately.

(By the way, the track “Sid Gets Shot” that is on a couple of bootlegs is in fact “Siddin on a Ghost Face” (BL 2.13) with a tracked ending.)

Boom Boom Out Go Lights

OST 20

You can hear a brief segment still in the film, and if you play the whole track, it actually matches up pretty well, so I guess that it’s been written for this scene. (It’s pretty much the only non-tracked piece in this part.)

All in the Family

BL 2.15

(OST 12 is a segment of BL 2.15)

7m4 Sid Wears a Dress

OST 19

Red Right Hand (Scream 3 Version)

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – B-Sides & Rarities Disc 2

BONUS TRACKS

Gale and Dewey Drive to Milton’s (Album Version)

OST 8

I don’t know which is the original cue, but the bootleg alternate sounds like a remix of the album version, though it could be vice versa.

Wild Track

BL 2.12

This is the track called “Unused” on the bootlegs. According to Broughtfan at the FSM board, it is “a wild cue that one of Marco's orchestrators from that period did as a "if needed" soundscape-y piece, which is why you don't hear it in the film, its only appearance being on the OST (serving as a sort of prologue to one of MB's actual score cues).”

Note

Cue titles that are from Scream 2 or which don’t seem to fit anywhere are:

Night Transition (possibly for the brief piano cue that replaces “Dad Brings the Bacon Home”?)

Wood Gester

Stab – Window Crash

Maureen Stops the Show

Sid Says Goodbye Derek

"Stab – Window Crash" is a source cue written for the film within a film, Stab 58 (or whatever number they are up to at this point!).

By the way, are the FLAC and Woodsboro bootleg the same? It's not quite clear at the top of the post, and thus neither is which of the releases the key 'BL' refers to.

Here's a revised / updated list for The Desolation of Smaug

This incorporates the "Thrain" bonus track from the recently released Battle of the Five Armies SE 2CD set.

NOTE 1: This is for the order as the film existed when the music was recorded; In the final cut(s), PJ moved a few scenes around from where they originally were.

NOTE 2: I created my own names here for a few parts (where the OST track had to be split into pieces, or the name Shore chose for the OST didn't represent accurately the music in the track)

NOTE: All times are per the SE OST, not the Standard OST.

1-01 The Quest For Erebor (3:22)

1-02 Wilderland (4:56)

1-03 A Necromancer (2:54)

1-04 The House of Beorn (4:52)

1-05 Mirkwood (5:31)

1-06 Flies And Spiders (9:35)

1-07 The Woodland Realm (5:14)

1-08 Feast Of Starlight (2:48)

1-09 Barrels Out Of Bond (1:50)

1-10 The Forest River (5:10)

1-11 Bard, A Man Of Lake-Town (3:18)

1-12 The High Fells (3:38)

1-13 The Nature of Evil (3:20)

1-14 Protector Of The Common Folk (3:35)

2-01 "The World Of Men" (3:33)

2-02 "Girion / Part Of This World" (4:15)

2-03B [2:24-end] "Captured" (0:40)

2-03A [0:00-2:24] "All Will Share In The Wealth Of The Mountain" (2:24) - a clean ending for this is available on the Standard OST

2-04 In The Shadow Of The Mountain (2:15)

2-05A [0:00-1:26] "A Spell Of Concealment / The Hidden Door" (1:26)

BOFA SE OST 2-12 [0:00-1:49] / 2-06 "Thrain / On The Doorstep" (9:50)

2-07A [0:00-0:45] "The Courage Of Hobbits" (0:45)

BOFA SE OST 2-12 [1:49-end] "The Palantir" (1:36)

2-07B [0:45-end] "Not At Home" (2:15)

2-05B [1:26-end] "Sauron" (1:55)

2-08 Inside Information (3:48)

2-12B [2:33-5:18] "Smaug The Stupendous" (2:45) - a clean ending for this is available on the Standard OST

2-11A [0:00-3:12] "The Black Arrow" (3:12)

2-10 "Darkness Is Coming" (3:41)

2-12D [6:05-end] "Bilbo Escapes" (0:25)

2-11B [3:12-5:48] "Lake-town Attack" (2:36)

2-09A [0:00-0:38] / 2-12A [0:00-2:33] / 2-09C [1:56-end] "Athelas / The Arkenstone" (3:40)

2-12C [5:18-6:05] / 2-09B [0:38-1:56] "Crossing The Bridge / She Walks In Starlight" (2:05)

2-11C [5:48-end] "Thorin's Plan / Legolas vs Bolg" (4:19)

2-13 "The Forges" (5:16)

2-14 I See Fire (5:00)

2-15 Beyond The Forest (5:25)

Enjoy!

I made a few (hopefully final) track title changes to Scream 3, after I realized I used two from Scream 2. This way I can make use of the title "Boom Boom Out Go Lights", and it makes more sense. One of my mistakes was confusing the Dempsey character with his name in Grey's Anatomy. He's not Derek here, he's Kincaid!

Home Alone

This is how I edited and sequenced the La-La Land Records complete score. You also need one track from the OST.

CD 1

Home Alone - Main Theme

Go Pack Your Suitcase / Introducing Marley / In Good Hands

Banished to the Attic

We Slept In / Hard Count

Making the Plane

The Basement

Target Practice / Sledding on the Stairs

Lights On / Paris Arrival

LLL 10 0:00-1:13 + 2:40-end

[According to the booklet notes, this was how it was written for the film, but they re-edited this part.]

Guess Who's Home

LLL 10 1:13-2:40

The Man of the House / Police Check

The Bookshelf

Phone Machine / Drug Store / Escape across the Ice

Follow that Kid!

Listening to Carson

Cleaning Clothes / Kitchen

Scammed by a Kindergartner

Walking Home

Setting the Trap

The Attack Begins

Marv Enters the Basement / A Hot Hand / Sore Head

Paint Cans

Clothesline Trapeze (Film Version) / Marley to the Rescue

[Replace the relevant part of LLL 26 with LLL 30)

The Next Morning / Mom Returns / Finale (Film Version)

We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Album Version) / End Title

Star of Bethlehem (Orchestral Version)

CD 2

Somewhere in My Memory

LLL 1

Christmas Carol Medley

[i've actually edited this into three separate tracks, following the film order of the songs - see here. Watch out, though, the endings are not entirely clean (which is why I didn't edit it into six tracks).]

Jingle Bells

Walking Home (without Chorus)

O Holy Night

Star of Bethlehem

Carol of the Bells

Clothesline Trapeze (Original Version) / Marley to the Rescue

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

OST

Finale (Alternate)

We Wish You a Merry Christmas (Film Version) / End Title

Scream 2

The FLAC bootleg is in wrong order (other bootlegs may be in the correct order). It is also clipped in a couple of tracks (not always noted below), and often the track endings need a fade out. Thanks to the Deluxe Edition, it has become almost superfluous though.

All titles are from the ASCAP list I found, from Beltrami’s site, or from the Varèse CDs.

Two questions remain: what cue should bear the title "Sid Kills Killer", and (confirmation of) the original placement of "Your Lucky Day" ("It's Over, Sid"). See below.

Opening

DE 01 = BL 1.01

(also first part of OST 7. Title from the DE.)

Phil Scares Maureen

DE 02 = BL 1.04

1m6 Phil Gets the Point

BL 1.05

Part of this cue can be found in the last section of OST 12; it's also available on Beltrami's website.

1m8 Maureen Steals the Show

(in ASCAP list as “Maureen Stops the Show”)

DE 03 = BL 1.02

The Deluxe Edition is actually micro-edited (or has an alternate take/insert) at the ending (1:38-1:43), replicating the film version.

(The FLAC boot seems clipped during the climax, the MP3 boot isn’t, but the clipping is a millisecond and hence negligible. Is also available on Beltrami's site.)

(An edited version of this cue can be found on OST 7.)

Your Lucky Day

DE 04

(= “It's Over, Sid” - OST 15. Not sure where this was originally written for: in place of “Your Lucky Day in Hell” or for the ending (following “Scream 2 Theme”)?)

Sidney Gets a Crank Call

unreleased

2m3 Cotton on TV News

BL 1.08

I’m pretty sure this is 2m3 – see the Scream 3 ASCAP cues: “ROMAN CALLS/SCREAM 2/2M3/CO”

Check Out the News

DE 05 = BL 1.14

Sid and Randy Talk

DE 06 = BL 1.16

2m6 Introducing Gale Again

DE 07 = BL 1.15

(Cue list spells Gale as Gail)

News Conference

BL 1.07

(Cue list misspells as “New Conference”)

Sid and Dewey

DE 08 = OST 10 (= BL 2.18)

Title on the Varese DE is “Sid and Dewey Talk”.

(The first part of the cue, where Sidney goes to meet Dewey on the lawn, is different in the film. The film uses music from Broken Arrow.)

Introducing Cotton / Sid Slugs Gail

unreleased

3m4 Dewey’s Theme

DE 09 = BL 2.01

(Replaced in the film by music from Broken Arrow)

Cici’s Home

DE 10 = BL 1.17

TV Vampire Music

Unreleased

Possibly composed for the Nosferatu fragment while Cici is switching channels, but I can’t hear it in the film. If this is the cue, it should be overlaid onto a part of the next cue.

Cici Gets Call

DE 11 = BL 2.07

(Follows previous cue “Cici’s Home” immediately.)

First part of the cue is also on the OST, track 9.

(This is likely 4m2, unless it’s one of the other ‘Cici’ cues, see: “ROMAN CALLS/SCREAM2/4M2/CICI”)

Cici’s Killed

DE 12 = BL 2.10 + 2.11

5m1 Crime Scene / 5m2 Sidney’s Attacked

DE 13 + DE 14 (= BL 1.18 + BL 1.03)

Derek at Hospital

DE 15 = BL 2.05

Killing Theories

DE 16 = BL 1.09

Sid and Derek under Tree

BL 1.13

Gale’s a Target

a very short unreleased (or tracked) cue

Cassandra Aria

DE 17 (= BL 2.20, cut the opening sting.)

Sid Runs into Derek

DE 18 = BL 1.10 + 1.11

7m3 Murder in Van / Sid in Library / Cotton Confronts Sidney

DE 19 + 20 + 21 (= BL 2.04 + BL 2.06 + BL 1.12)

Cops Question Cotton / Joel Quits

DE 22 + 23 (= BL 2.08 + BL 1.21)

(Second part of “Joel Quits” is on the OST as “Sundown Search”, but in the film it's again tracked music.)

9m2 Dewey and Gale Attacked

DE 24 = BL 2.12

(I don’t think BL 1.20 is an alternate, I think it’s just an alternate mix of the first section of the cue.)

(OST contains an edited version of this cue.)

(Opening is tracked from Broken Arrow in the film.)

Would have followed the previous cue immediately.

The ending of the cue has an unreleased (or tracked) overlay in the film.

10m1 Sid Says Goodbye

DE 25 = OST 11 (= BL 2.09)

In cue list as “Sid Says Goodbye Derek”

Follows the previous cue immediately.

Sid Needs New Roommate

DE 26 = BL 2.03

11m1 Gale Bumps into Cotton

BL 2.16

Cue list title is “Gail Bumps into Control”.

Cassandra Aria – Reprise

DE 27 = BL 2.21

Showdown / 12m1 The Big Showdown

DE 28 + DE 29 (= BL 2.17 + BL 1.19)

(ASCAP cue list has “Showdown Pt 1”)

13m1a / 13m1b Cotton Kills Killer

DE 30 = BL 2.13 + BL 2.14

I don't know if 13m1a has a separate cue title; the Deluxe Edition suggests that it is “Sid Kills Killer”, but Sid doesn't kill the killer here, she's attacked again during 13m1a. 13m1b is “Cotton Kills Killer”, per Beltrami's site.

13m2 More Lives than a Cat

DE 31 = BL 2.15

The cue title “Sid Kills Killer” was what I originally had for this track (instead of the previous like the DE), it also corresponds with the film. “More Lives than a Cat” could be made up.

Scream 2 (Theme)

DE 32 = BL 2.02

Disorderly

BL 2.22

(I think this is a song that Marco Beltrami wrote?)

Stab Suite

Beltrami website

The ASCAP list has the titles “Stab Shower”, “Stab - Window Crash”, “Stab Kill” and “Stab Film Clip”. (The latter follows Sid and Derek under Tree.)

Wild Cues

BL 2.19 + BL 2.20 0:00-0:04

The two opening stings from OST track 13 (Hairtrigger Lunatic) appear (separately) on this track.

What’s also left from the bootleg is the opening sting on “Cassandra Aria”; like the short stings on this track, I have no idea if or where that turns up in the film. However, “Cassandra Aria” is preceded by this track on the bootleg, so presumably it’s wrongly cut and this sting belongs to that track originally.

Along the way you'll have to adjust the volume on the tracks. The party music isn't by Arnold and is not included here. I believe there is some tracked music in the isolated score that nobody seems to have noticed (including Jon Burlingame). Any comments or corrections are most welcome.

The three party tracks were written/arranged for Tomorrow Never Dies, so whilst they are not Arnold's music, they are unique to the film and I feel they should be included. I have the correct titles and artists.

Of course you can do as you wish. I'd have included them in my own edit if they'd been arranged by Arnold, but I feel the source music disrupts the flow of the score, in this case.

What are the correct titles and artists then?