The Chronological Film Score Thread

fommes

• 3 weeks later...

Can anybody possibly put these tracks in order based on the film, possibly also the source tracks as well? Its just a tracklist for a little "indie" movie out this summer that I have to wait a few months to buy.

01. Ivan’s Metamorphosis

02. House Fight MK1

03. Making Pepper CEO

04. Senate / Ivan Creates Drones

05. Make Way For Tomorrow Expo

06. Rhodey Dons Suit

07. Dying Hero

08. Natalie Intro Rhodey / Tony Talk

09. Monaco Drive

10. Monaco

11. Jailhouse Talk

12. Ivan Escapes

13. Gun Show

14. Tony Discover Dad’s Secret

15. Sledgehammer MK2

16. Nick Fury

17. New Element / Particle Accelerator

18. Sledgehammer MK1

19. New RT / To The Expo

20. Black Widow Kicks Ass

21. Iron Man Battles the Drones

22. Ivan Demise / The Kiss

23. Thor

24. I Am Iron Man

25. Expo Theme (Bonus Track)

Source

"Shoot to Thrill","Should I Stay Or Should I Go","The Magnificent Seven","Monaco","Concerto in C Major For Flute and Harp","Good Old Days","California Love","Another One Bites the Dust","Robot Rock","It Takes Two","Pimpin' Guns","Groove Holmes","Pick Up the Pieces","Highway to Hell"

Thanks to anyone who can. And take your time, its a few months until the release (and this may not even be the correct tracklist for all I know).

I don't know about the source cues Wycket, but after seeing the film twice here's my best guess:

1, 7, 4, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 6, 2, 16, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Not sure where 5 or 25 go, but hope that helps.

Looking for the sequencing for Munich. Anyone?

I haven't listened to this score or seen the film in some time but recently watched a behind the scenes DVD at a friend's house and am curious if anyone has sequenced it.

The Reivers:

1. Main Title/First Instruction/The Winton Flyer

2. Family Funeral/Lucius' First Drive

3. The Road to Memphis

4. Memphis

5. Corrie's Entrance/The Picture

6. Reflections

7. Ned's Trade

8. The Sherriff Departs/The Bad News/Ned's Secret

9. The People Protest

10. Prayers at Bedtime

11. Lucius Runs to Corrie/Back Home

12. Finale

Stepmom:

1. The Days Between (concert theme, optional here or at the end)

2. Ben's Antics

3. Time Spins its Web

4. One Snowy Night

5. Isabel's Horse and Buggy

6. Bonding

7. Isabel's Picture Gallery

8. Taking Pictures

9. The Soccer Game

10. Jackie and Isabel

11. Jackie's Secret

12. Always and Always

13. A Christmas Quilt

14. End Credits

Would the person who runs the chrono-score.blogspot contact me either in PM or e-mail? Thanks!

No worries, Jason.

OK, it's updated; it was only the last page that I hadn't done yet.

(And just so that I don't take all the credit for the opening post, Mr B has stepped in occasionally, too.)

Here are some more I didn't see listed...

Edit: wow, these were listed a couple years back. Back when this board discussed JW.

Lost in Space Season 1 (John Williams)

Complete presentation requires Volume 1 and the 40th Anniversary CD. It's a mess since some of the cues on the 40th Ann. CD (on which sound is tremendously improved) are presented separately while on the earlier GNP volumes, they are joined with other cues. You will need to edit if you desire the improved sound. Since I don't edit, I just used whatever represented the most complete chronological presentation without having material repeated. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.

The Reluctant Stowaway:

Season 1 Main Title

1. Smith's Evening/Judo Chop/On the Pad/Countdown

2. Final Countdown

3. Escape Velocity/Robot Control/Meteor Storm/Defrosting

4. Weightless Waltz

5. Monster Rebels

6. Walk in Space/To Be Continued

Season 1 End Title

Bonus track: The Monster Rebels/A Walk in Space/Finale (alternate)

Island in the Sky:

Season 1 Main Title

1. Strange Planet/John's Descent

2. Helmet It

3. Suiting Up/Stranglehold/The Landing/Search for John

4. Lil' Will and the Robot

5. Search for John

6. Monkey's Doo

7. Operation Rescue

8. Personal Chauffer/Electric Sagebrush/Will is Threatened

Season 1 End Title

The Hungry Sea:

Season 1 Main Title

1. Chariot Titles/Farenheit a Go-Go/The Chariot Continues/Sunstorm

2. Earthquake

3. Temperature Rising/Boring Company/Don's Rays

4. Warming Rays/Sunstorm

5. Morning After/The Inland Sea/Land Ho/Strange Visitor

6. Land Ho/Kid's Play-off

Season 1 End Title

Minority Report:

1. "Can You See"?

2. Pre-Crime to the Rescue

3. Sean and Lara

4. Everybody Runs!

5. Anderton's Great Escape

6. The Greenhouse Effect

7. Dr. Eddie and Miss Van Eych

8. Spyders

9. Eye-Dentiscan

10. Visions of Anne Lively

11. Leo Crow...The Confrontation

12. "Sean" by Agatha

13. Psychic Truth and Finale

14. A New Beginning

15. Sean's Theme

16. Minority Report

• 2 weeks later...

ive compared them both and it seems its pretty much in chronological order but a bit of editing would have to be done to have it in full chronological order

ROCKY IV - The Intrada release is chronological. If you want to mix the score CD with the song soundtrack here's where the songs shall be included:

1) Eye of the Tiger

- Gym

- Paulie's Robot

- Anniversary

2) One Way Street

- Drago Suite

3) Doble or Nothing

4) Living in America

- Apollo's Death and Funeral

- Stairs

5) No Easy Way Out

- Rocky and Son

6) Burning Heart

- Training Montage

7) Heart's On Fire (fade out at 3'14' last 15 seconds mixed with the first 15 seconds of:

- Up the Mountain

- Pre-Fight

- Drago's Entrance

- War

- Knockout

- Victory

8) The Sweetest Victory (unused - end credits repeated Heart's On Fire)

Anyone have a chronological listing for Yared's Troy?

I did a couple searches but couldn't find anything.

Anyone have a chronological listing for Yared's Troy?

For the 18 track version...

3 - 4 - 5 - 2 - 8 - 6 - 7 - 1 - 11 - 12 - 10 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17 - 18 - 9

I think [Mourning Women is] at the end 'cause we don't know where it would have gone in the film [Troy].

Ah.

Another question, unrelated to the chronology.

There's another 'promo' out there for Yared's Troy that I've been unable to track down which ostensibly has an extra 'bonus track' titled "Troy Theme".

Does anyone know anything about that track? If it would be worth obtaining?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a good listen to James Horner's Karate Kid yet? Only seen the film once - score seems ROUGHLY in good order to me, but there are those out there with much better ears then mine....

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the recommended chronological sequence for the Demolition Man score:

1, 2, 3, 10, 6, 8, 9, 4, 12, 7, 13, 15, 14, 16

I actually think "Silver Screen Kiss" is an alternate, but I'll have to wait until I get back form vacation to confirm

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

by Christophe Beck

I just watched the film last night and based on the track names, this seems to be the order:

1. Prelude

2. Dyslexia

3. The Fury

4. The Minotaur

5. Chiron

6. Victory

7. Son of Poseidon

8. Medusa

9. The Parthenon

10. The Hydra

11. Hollywood

12. Lost Souls

13. Hades

14. Fighting Luke, Part I

15. Fighting Luke, Part II

16. Mt. Olympus

17. Poseidon

18. Homecoming

19. End Credits

• 3 weeks later...

I know it was previously listed, however . . . this one is a bit different as it separates a track as stated in the liner notes of the CD.

SpaceCamp

1 - Main Title (3:07)

5 - Friends Forever (2:20)

2 - Training Montage (2:00)

4 - The Computer Room (1:54)

3 - The Shuttle (5:02)

6 - In Orbit (3:12)

7 - White Sands (:00-3:12)

9 - Viewing Daedalus (2:45)

12 - Max Finds Courage (3:53)

10 - Max Breaks Loose (2:21)

11 - Andie Is Stranded (4:08)

7 - White Sands (3:12-6:52)

13 - Re-Entry (3:55)

14 - Home Again (3:30)

8 - SpaceCamp (4:06)

As listed in the liner notes, "Track 7, 'White Sands', combines two cues from different sections of the film, but otherwise a rough chronological presentation of the score is possible by programming the CD tracks in the following sequence: 1, 5, 2, 4, 3, 6, 9, 12, 10, 11, 7, 13, 14, 8."

Oh my God, you're playing album producer!

dunham2.jpg

So it's like The Ten Commandments, with the Overture in the middle? I haven't watched the film in so many years, I don't know what that's about.

Yes, but at least the tracks in The Ten Commandments and SpaceCamp are intact ideas.

It's quite easy to "fix" Jurassic Park by removing the "Theme From" and "End Credits" tracks, and moving the 7 minute end credits to the end. It's dealing with the spliced and mixed up tracks that is harder. Like a track that begins with the first raptor incident and ends with discovering Ian Malcolm.

On the other hand, since I've been listening to it that way since 1998 when I got it, it feels right. Comfortable. I've heard "film edits" of Jurassic Park and they feel...gulp...wrong.

Yes, but at least the tracks in The Ten Commandments and SpaceCamp are intact ideas.

It's quite easy to "fix" Jurassic Park by removing the "Theme From" and "End Credits" tracks, and moving the 7 minute end credits to the end. It's dealing with the spliced and mixed up tracks that is harder. Like a track that begins with the first raptor incident and ends with discovering Ian Malcolm.

True, that. But with the help of DVD rips, those are fixable, too.

On the other hand, since I've been listening to it that way since 1998 when I got it, it feels right. Comfortable. I've heard "film edits" of Jurassic Park and they feel...gulp...wrong.

Does someone have the Luthor WROOOONG image handy?

Jurassic Park the original album is not bad by any means if re-arranged into more chronological order. I even include Theme from Jurassic Park at the beginning lately. SpaceCamp is good either way, although I'm now doing the chronological thing. I think you'll just find that JP has more hardcore fanboys who've memorized the movie by heart and obsess over the complete score in film order. Like with most of Williams' blockbuster hits. Nobody's really clamoring for a chronological Monsignor. Somebody even posted a film edit of the finale one time with the fanfare when *spoilers* the T-Rex kills the raptors.

Sure, the more well-known the film is, the more people will be aware of (and attached to) the unreleased music.

JP is indeed not a terrible listening experience in album order, but I think it flows better in chronological order. Even with all the unreleased music, it's not a particularly long score, and it has a pretty good emotional arc to it, as far as complete scores go. And besides...in the album order, you miss the awesomeness of having the mighty climax of "T-Rex to the Rescue" followed immediately by the soft piano of "End Credits."

Not having seen SpaceCamp, I think I'll rearrange it into chronological order nonetheless. The track "SpaceCamp" just immediately jumps out as end credits...it needs to go at the end. May as well make the other changes, too.

Well I don't particularly like the album order of JP actually. Like I said, I re-order for "rough chronological" listening. I haven't listened in order since some time in the 1990s. SpaceCamp is preferable in the chronological order for the later tracks, but the rest I don't exactly care about. White Sands/Re-Entry/Home Again/SpaceCamp is the whole finale of the movie. That's all I care about in regards to chronological sequencing aside from the Main Title.

Does someone have the Luthor WROOOONG image handy?

Not applicable. When someone, like me, uses the word "feel," it implies an unspoken personal thought. I'm glad that it doesn't feel wrong to you; you probably have a better quality edit than I do. I have two GM edits that are chock full of SFX that I never listen to.