New Varese Club Titles on Aug. 30th

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definatly, although releasing a whole bunch of Goldsmith will have some people accusing Varese of trying to make a buck from Goldsmith death.

Undeserved through, cause few labels have highlighted Goldsmith's music while he was still with us.

They wouldn't have postoned the release last month if ot hadn't included at least one Goldsmith CD. And they had announced a year-long celebration of his 75th birthday. They also have some CD's that have been ready and waiting on the shelves for some time-- I remember they apparently changed their schedule a while back when Ford Thaxton leaked a few titles before a Club announcement.

They probably did have some Goldsmith projects going though, like Timeline.

Timeline will be a non-Club release. Could be Great Train Robbery though, or perhaps Alien? Or no Goldsmith at all.

Marian - who has no money anyway. :|

They wouldn't have postoned the release last month if  ot hadn't included at least one Goldsmith CD. And they had announced a year-long celebration of his 75th birthday. They also have some CD's that have been ready and waiting on the shelves for some time-- I remember they apparently changed their schedule a while back when Ford Thaxton leaked a few titles before a Club announcement.

True, but they may have had to reprint their CD inlays, since this is no longer a year-long celebration of Jerry Goldsmith's 75th year.

My dream come true: Psycho II. Good movie, great score.

I only have an old old old cassette tape with three tracks on it. I want this score on CD. Now. :|

True, but they may have had to reprint their CD inlays, since this is no longer a year-long celebration of Jerry Goldsmith's 75th year.

I thought of that, too, but since that means only a few lines or a paragraph to change, with all the booklet already laid out, I think it wasn't too difficult, and mostly a matter of reprinting everything.

I'll bet money it'll be Alien. Gremlins is WB, and Varese is working strictly with the Fox library.

We've already seen parts of Alien released on the six-disc set, as well as bits of others. Any of them could be a part of it really.

Alien is NOT gonna be a next Club release

Blast! That's just lame, as Marc would say. Does this mean they won't release Alien at all?

?

??

I wish that they never release Alien again. Then someday I'll find it "used" and it will be worth lots of cash, even more than now.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I don't know, I don't believe so, as I'm only read about problems with legal issues, that is getting the rights to release it. Anyway I'd say I'd pay $200 for the score if I had that much. :happybday:

That's be a waste. Neither of those are very good scores from what I've heard, and the good parts Goldsmith has already used in other places.

Can we hope for Dracula,Monsignor,or Family Plot from Varese?

K.M.

Two of those are Universal and the other one is a Polygram album that they don't seem to want to give up.

Neil

That's be a waste. Neither of those are very good scores from what I've heard, and the good parts Goldsmith has already used in other places.

I wouldn't know about The Public Eye, but Alien Nation is really good if you can overlook the terrible sound quality. It's not quite as good as Runaway but fairly close.

I'd really like them to release Freud or Black Patch (if the master tapes are in good condition at all). Hopefully we'll see an expanded Gremlins. Or maybe an expanded Runaway (and maybe it'll start raining snails tomorrow). We can only dream until the 30th.