Across the Stars Analyzed

bri40

"Across the Stars," the love theme from AOTC sounded familiar to me as soon as I heard it, but I didn't know why. Today I figured it out. The first part of it is in almost exactly the same rhythm as the Star Wars Main Title -- 2 half notes then a triplet, soon followed by another triplet -- couldn't be an accident...it's a subliminal foreshadowing of the first trilogy.

Also, the middle section which descends (no accident there either) is the same as the middle section of Anakin's Theme.

To the person who posted that Across the Stars felt unrelated to the other Star Wars themes, I beg to differ.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

tis from Hook.

the 3rd most horrible film by Stevie Spielberg.

Oh I would agree, since I really like the Love theme, which I don't think of as Across the Stars

It has to be intentional because Anakin & Padme's love is what makes the original trilogy happen.

-Chris, Who thinks that Hook itself is underrated and the score is one of Williams top 5...

Chris, Who thinks that Hook itself is underrated and the score is one of Williams top 5...

I agree 100%. Hook (the score) is truly amazing. It seconds ESB. And Hook (the movie), is really well done.

Jamesyboy - who watches Hook constantly with his 2 boys and listens to the score on an almost daily basis. (plug..plug..especially Chrusher's complete version..the complete Ultimate War ROCKS!!)

That's kinda what I thought the first time that I heard it, too, bri40. You can hear the intervals of Luke's Theme (Star Wars Main Title) and you can also pick out those of Vader's Theme, and of Anakin's as well, since they're so closely connected.

It is true that the first few notes sound like Hook, but, eh, so what? It happens. It's a good melody to emulate, and it works here.

Darth Wojo - Who likes the Anakin/Padme love theme, but was hoping Anakin would get his own singular theme to continue the evolution of Anakin's Theme into the Imperial March, rather than scatter the Imperial March around the score and save a few bars of Anakin's Theme for the end of the End Credits, not to mention saving the Imperial March for its proper full-blown, bombastically fiery debut when Darth Vader is born.

but was hoping Anakin would get his own singular theme to continue the evolution of Anakin's Theme into the Imperial March

I think the secondary love theme is close enough to that.

It has to be intentional because Anakin & Padme's love is what makes the original trilogy happen.

-Chris, Who thinks that Hook itself is underrated and the score is one of Williams top 5...

Brilliant post, Chris. I believe that sums it up quite nicely.

Dan - not wanting to mess with perfection

:) "Airport Goodbye" from The Pelican Brief (Horner)

I noticed the Anakin/Vader theme relation, but not the Main Theme yet. Still, a brilliant move on Williams' part.

Marian - who saw the movie yesterday and can finally play the score now.

8O Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

And Hook (the movie), is really well done.

8O :)ROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAOROTFLMAO

I needed a good laugh.

I found the begining to Hook to be nearly enjoyable but once they get on the island it's allllllll.....

D

O

W

n

h

i

l

l

*kersplat*

Justin - 8O

I found the begining to Hook to be nearly enjoyable but once they get on the island it's allllllll.....

D

O

W

n

h

i

l

l

*kersplat*

If all you will do is complain about it then please don't. 8O

Neil

If all you will do is complain about it then please don't.   :)

8O

Nice try Neil but all I did wasn't just complaining. I actually complemented the film. ROTFLMAO

Justin

That's true but don't tell me you didn't agree with the statement.

I don't agree. No part of the film Hook is any good.

Neil

I'm sure that JW thought long and hard about how to compose the themes for ATOC. Probably everything he places in these prequels will somehow merge itself into the originals. I can't wait to hear Ep. III!

:twisted: Bwhahahaa!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Justin -Turning to the Dark Side!! 8O

tis from Hook.

My first connection was to Hook as well, but I do hear the Main Theme, now that you mention it. The music flows so well that I didn't pick it up before. Good ear, Bri.