I come back to you now... Olympic Music Help!

NapoleonsGhoest

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide...

Yes, its me, the Ghoest. Most of you may not know me, so just comfort yourself in the knowledge that I was one of the great Towner Knights of old, of the elder years of the EZBoard.

Apparently Neil has allowed a little politics and religion onto the board if it relates to movies, (IMHO a bad choice, and I love to debate both). Thank God that I've dodged the whole Farenheit 9-11 and The Passion stuff (not to mention thousands of cheap shots, or the whole Ted Kennedy tribute). Don't think the board would have survived had I unleashed my great power of debating. ROTFLMAO (Disclaimer: My aforementioned relief at missing these debates does not give any other posters the permission to raise these issues in an effort to draw me into talking about anything other than music and the members of this board.)

Actually, I've never really been gone, just not posting. Has Ricard semi-retired (Haven't seen him in my scanning. You still there Ricard?).

I have a question: For those in America who have been watching the Olympics, (after that amazing featurette on that Greek Marathon runner, wow!) NBC had quite a summary of the Olympics during the end credits of the last night. My question for those who watched is:

WHAT WAS THE MUSIC?!? A special Irish blessing on anyone who answers!

Bonus Question: Also, is Williams' Olympic Spirit from the '88 Olympics still released?

Still haunting the wide world over,

The Ghoest-

Who is NOT in New York City this week, if Stefancos is still sending his lackeys to search for him.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonus Question: Also, is Williams' Olympic Spirit from the '88 Olympics still released?

If you can find the CD "Summon the Heroes" which was released in conjunction with the 2000 Sydney Games, it's on there along with Williams '84 and '96 themes, the Bugler's Fanfare, and a few other things ranging from decent to crappy.

John- who vaguely remembers The Ghoest from his pre-posting lurking days.

If you can find the CD "Summon the Heroes" which was released in conjunction with the 2000 Sydney Games, it's on there along with Williams '84 and '96 themes, the Bugler's Fanfare, and a few other things ranging from decent to crappy.

A must have album. The only crappy things about it are the horrid performance of O Fortuna and the choir's German in the Bernstein song.

It's also the last stunning-sounding Murphy album. Well, POA does give me new hope though. :P

Marian - ROTFLMAO

It's also the last stunning-sounding Murphy album. Well, POA does give me new hope though. :P

Marian - ROTFLMAO

Yes, if the Ep. III mix is more POA and less AOTC I will be very happy. :)

I have a question: For those in America who have been watching the Olympics, (after that amazing featurette on that Greek Marathon runner, wow!) NBC had quite a summary of the Olympics during the end credits of the last night. My question for those who watched is:

WHAT WAS THE MUSIC?!? A special Irish blessing on anyone who answers!

Do you mean the extended montage before the end credits rolled down the screen? If so, that was the choral movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

Kathy

I saw that Olympic summary too - I have heard that song before but unfortunately I don't know the name of the song either. :thumbup: Sorry I couldn't help. :sleepy:

I really would like to know what the theme was that they played every night during the so-called "Coverage Preview" (at the end of each night, when they announced the next days events) and also whenever it said "Coming up..." on the screen.

The notes go like this (space is where the bar line is):

CGCFE CGCAGF EFGCDE AGED

Okay, scotts, I've finally figured out which theme you're talking about - but unfortunately I have no idea where it's from! I've written it out in Finale in the hope that someone else can read it and recognize it - pm me if you want to see it. It reminds me of The American President, or The West Wing.

I really would like to know what the theme was that they played every night during the so-called "Coverage Preview" (at the end of each night, when they announced the next days events) and also whenever it said "Coming up..." on the screen.

The notes go like this (space is where the bar line is):

CGCFE CGCAGF EFGCDE AGED

The theme from the television show THE ADVENTURES OF BRISCO COUNTY, JR. by Randy Edelman.

Check out a clip of it on this page:

http://members.tripod.com/~godspeeed/

Another thought  :)  

Someone on a different music board has tracked and has been trying to identify all the music used in the Olympics.  You might find your answer at this site:

http://archive.unixgod.net/athens//

Kathy

Great listing, but how does one submit answers to some of the unknown clips?

That is certainly it!!! Thank you very much. Now I only need to find Williams' orchestration, since he supposedly orchestrated all of NBC's music.

Now that I know what it is, here is a link with lots of info on it (including an LA Times article):

http://www.fireflyfans.net/thread.asp?b=2&t=6855

-Scott