How long does it take to get the new Varese Sarabande CDs???

woodwindmaster06

I ordered the new Jerry Goldsmith Scores on Saturday and no responce yet, still "in progress", how long does it normally take to get these CDs, are they accurate in when they say they will ship everyones CDs???? (First time buyer off of Varese)

Thanks

woodwindmaster06

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ordered from Varese a number of times, and they're pretty accurate as far as I remember. This was a holiday weekend, so I'm not sure your order would have been processed over the weekend. I'm expecting to get my new JW cds shipped this week.

BigJohn

They said that they won't start shipping until after Labor Day (which was yesterday.. Monday). So I would expect you to have them by next Tuesday at the earliest! (If you're in the US that is).

They are pretty good with their orders.

Varese is okay about their orders (haven't lost one yet in the eight years that I've used them), although I wish their choice was something other than UPS Ground. Takes way too long, especially if you live on the east coast!

I ordered a bunch from them last week as well - my shipment is scheduled for delivery today. Not sure if it includes the "new" releaseor not. Did you get an e-mail confirming your order and then another with the tracking info? You can always check your order status via the UPS website.

Jason

I havent gotten anything at all!!! No email of any sort, no shipments, no confirmation that they have even looked at the order. And at the Varese Sarabande site it still says "in process" I ordered Saturday and it is now Thursday!!!! I have not been impressed with the service so far.

I have never had any problem with Varèse (nor Intrada, ... , for that matter).

You will receive an order shipment confirmation e-mail when they send the CD's; the tracking number will only be useful if you live in the US.

Since it's the Goldsmith CD's you've ordered, there won't be any problem ("Did I order in time?") since they're not limited.

I don't know where you live; it usually takes about a week or so to receive them in France.

"someone on the Jerry Goldsmith forum that called Varese Sarabande"

:)

Woodwind... relax.

I have been ordering through Varese for years. I have never had a problem. They, sometimes, are a little slow on shipping. They do send out emails when they actually ship your cd's and will include a tracking number, like Olivier explained.

However.... as I mentioned earlier.... they said that they will not even start shipping these new club cd's (and this includes the Goldsmith ones which are not club releases) until **AFTER** labor day. They probably started shipping on Tuesday the 7th but also might not of started until Wednesday the 8th. I don't know which date to be exact, but they did say "after Labor Day".

There are, as you can imagine, a ton of orders to be filled and they (more than likely) only have a handfull of people to fill these. It will take a week or so for all of the orders to be filled, and for the emails to be sent out.

Once you get the email message, it will take approx a week for you to get them.

My suggestion, is to sit still and relax a bit. Varese is VERY good with their orders, and I have been more than happy ordering through them than at any other mail order store on the internet (Except Amazon...).

If you ordered them before they were sold out.... then you will get them. They had enough to fill the demand, I'm sure of it.