Minority Report - A score to watch

Jamesyboy

While watching Entertainment Tonight..tonight..they did a brief tid-bit on Minority Report and showed a lenghthy action section with Tom Cruise fighting 3 guys with some cool "phaser". Well, it was all brilliantly scored by Williams...and the music sounded hot!! Pure fast-paced action music.

I'm now really pumped to hear this score!

Jamesyboy - who now thinks the movie looks pretty awesome as well...even though I'm Cruise fan.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be the best film of the summer, making up for some of the drek that was released last year.

Joe. :twisted:

I think it will be the best film of the summer, making up for some of the drek that was released last year.

Joe. :twisted:

This year as well. :)

Neil

Yeah I saw that Segment earlier today. were quite a few hours ahead since I'm on the East coast of Canada (which is an hour ahead of the east coast of the U.S. were the Atlantic Time zone) I posted this then and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed the music was sounding good! can't wait for Minority Report!

Brian99_1 - who since he lives in this time zone making it 1:20 in the morning should get to bed! it's either that or sleep through work tomorrow :?

The trailer for MR is so good. I just hope the film lives up to it.

I like the fact that the effects seem to blend into the real world of the film.

I could use a film that doesn't slap you with "LOOK AT WHAT I CAN DO WITH CGI(AOTC) OR LOOK AT WHAT I WISH I COULD DO(SPIDERMAN).

Joe, who wants to be impressed with a genre film for more reasons than effects.

From what I heard, the score to Minority Report will be Williams at his visceral best.

Dan - enthusiastically hoping June 18th comes quicker than expected

:) "End Title" from To Kill A Mockingbird (E. Bernstein)

Me neither!

Neither can Joe!

Dan - who figured he's express Joe's excitement as well as his own

:( "Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones"

Grr, I am stick of all these useless posts. Stop it, stop forcing me to write uselss posts :(

OK, I promise to stop FORCING you do write useless posts.

Dan - going with the flow

:( "Love Pledge and The Arena" from Attack Of The Clones

Ah, ocelot! Refreshing and observative input.

Dan - who admires that

:music: "Confrontation with Count Dookie and Finale" from Attack Of The Clones

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MINORITY REPORT EITHER!!!! . . . oh, you stopped saying that several posts ago. Drat!

Ray Barnsbury-unable to keep up in the post race even when the counts are reset :music:

GAAAHHHH!!!! I was ahead of all of you people on the other board but Ricard had to go and redesign!!! NOOOOO!!!!! 8O

I.....will....conquer.... :)

*Snif* You all....hate me.... :cry:

Justin -Milking it for all he's worth.

BTW I think Minority Report looks like a bloody awesome film and a

SUPERER COOL SCORE!!!!!

Yeah maybe better than AOTC. That would be awesome. :)

Justin

Try to write something about the topic or if the topic changes write something relevant.

Joe, who is crazed by the lack of Minority Report news.

While watching Entertainment Tonight..tonight..they did a brief tid-bit on Minority Report and  showed a lenghthy action section with Tom Cruise fighting 3 guys with some cool "phaser".  Well, it was all brilliantly scored by Williams...

Are you 100% sure that it was Williams' music?

Minority Report is probably going to be one of the very best soundtracks of the year, as it will probably feature some of Williams`s most exciting work to date. I`ve heard that this music is supposed to be a little like "The Lost World".

So we can expect to hear a lot from Williams this year : except AOTC and Minority Report he will also score HP2 and Catch Me If You Can.

Minority Report is probably going to be one of the very best soundtracks of the year, as it will probably feature some of Williams`s most exciting work to date. I`ve heard that this music is supposed to be a little like "The Lost World".  

So we can expect to hear a lot from Williams this year : except AOTC and Minority Report he will also score HP2 and Catch Me If You Can.

Yeah, but remember that The Lost World was, naturally, packed with a lot of brooding atmospheric music as well. We're bound to get a sizable share of it on the soundtrack release.

Plus, I don't want another The Lost World. I think Williams has been using enough of it recently ("The Quidditch Match" in Harry Potter, all over the place in AOTC, particularly "Zam the Assassin"). Something more original would be preferable.