Any composers or musicians?

pacey988

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in your same stiuation.

It's easy for me to invent new guitar riffs (or bass lines-I play bass too!), but I can't write any lyrics!

I also can't play and sing at the same time. I guess it's not that hard, as almost every band has a lead guitarist/bassist that also sings!

Oh, I almost forgot...Welcome!!!

get an avatar!

I'm from Louisiana. I've composed like little pieces of music, like the other day I saw this slogan for a TV station and I put it to music. I sometimes imagine the notes in my head but sometimes I wonder if I'm better off doing it on keyboard than guitar.

I know Cerrabore your form Massachusetts, since I can read! ROTFLMAO

That question was for Pacey!

I think Neil has changed this thread's title...now it's more correct.

TJ - who is going to change that post.

I compose orchestral and chamber music, and write songs occasionally, also play in orchestras and in a (3-person, drumless) band (mostly we cover oldies, but we have a few own songs already). When writing songs lyrics are also my main problem... I rarely have a good idea that's worth putting into words, and then it'shard to come up with a coherent lyric. So I onlyhave 1 completed and 1 almost completed song atm.

Where are you from Tommy and do you have any other way I can contact you? I've been playing guitar for like, almost a year. I can compose like little bits of music but not a whole song, I've tried a lot of chord patterns, like the other day my teacher was telling me about the 1, 4, 5 pattern, the first chord, then the fourth and fifth relative chord. I've tried getting over my singing too, I just have felt lately that I can't sing as well as I did when I was like 12, and it ticked me off one time to see this pop singer sing in this weird operatic voice on stage, it angered me that I didn't have his voice, it made me angry and annoyed just like listening to the singer from Evanescence, one time it just really got me angry when I had the tv on and they were performing, I literally said "you better have a voice that can do more than break glass to make it" and I felt so ticked off, so frustrated. I've not worried about it lately and it's a good thing to be honest. I've more and more decided to concentrate on the music itself and not necessarily the vocals. I just feel sometimes if I ever wanted to sing again the voice would be there but lately I felt less and less confident in it.

I can't inspiration from anything, and it's "amazing" on how some artist (expecially punk bands) can write lyrics inspired by the most common things we do every day.

A good example could be "Mr.Cofee" by Lagwagon. It's a funny stupid song, but the lyrics are so simple.

Here's the link:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/lagwagon-mr-...fee-lyrics.html

Hey, it's just an example.

I listen to mostly pop/rock, some classical like movie soundtracks and some instrumental. My favorites are John Mayer and Third Eye Blind, my favorite classical composer is Williams of course but I have other soundtracks I like by Goldsmith (namely Planet of The Apes, Logan's Run, Patton) and others. I'm glad you liked the lyrics, I have some guitar samples of me playing, if you would like to hear.

yes!

can you send me by e-mail? (if the files aren't too big!)

As soon as possible, I will send you some of my recordings...I also have the project of playing JW's greatest themes on guitar.

I sent you the files, they aren't too big, about 1 MB, of stuff I thought of, like little pieces of music, I still haven't thought of music for the songs I sent you but I do imagine music sometimes, I saw this slogan for a tv station and put the words to music, and then imagined it as a full piece of music. I've expressed interest in being a composer, and I have to ask, is music theory something hard to explain? Is it something like complicated to learn? I may put like a few words to music, like if it were a short slogan advertisement or something and then build around it in my mind but that's it. I've wondered about getting a keyboard too or maybe I could give you a sample of what it sounds like, it's music that came up one night as I was reading about local television stations and their news programs.

I like them!

Check out these I'm sending you. "NO TALENT" is the name of my virtual band, as I play guitar and bass and I mixed the drums taken from a NOFX song. Of course the name "NO TALENT" is a clear parody of the name "NOFX"!!!

I gotta go now, I'll speak with you next Saturday!

I compose and you can listen to some of my music at my website (below.)

Soon I'll put my "serious" music up, which includes most of the symphonic stuff. Though most of it will be synthesized previews and scores in case anyone wants to play them.

Jesse

I'm a professional pianist and conductor, and I often conducts in concert some williams' music.

It's great to see so much people here playing some instrument !!

Philippe BL - who thinks this thread should be in the other topics forum. :pukeface:

I compose music since 1997, mainly for film and multimedia productions. My website is in german language, sorry. But one can listen to my music under the topic "Audio-Clips".

I compose. I'm currently working on a commission for three combined youth orchestras in Iowa. If anyone's in Sioux City in May 2005 come and hear it! In March one of my pieces is being played at the Piano Week at Youngstown in Ohio.

I play the Trumpet in a local Wind band and I compose a little now and then... Might pick it as a carreer... I also conducts occassionally, thought it was gonna be my carreer not that long ago but I've had second thought now.

Phil, i'sn't it about time you and your ochestra head over to Amsterdam?

We need more Williams here man!

I've just planned a european tour on 2007... in every big city of Europe...

so Amsterdam isn't included.... Sorry man ! ;)

Kidding !! bowdown

I hope it will soon be possible bowdown We have a big concert (perhaps) planned with a great french worldwide famous composer... but we'll still waiting for confirmation...

Philippe BL bowdown