Description of ROTS teaser on TFN

ChrisAfonso

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OF course in Neils mind, if it always bad.

Luke, who was expecting a teaser but this seems a full trailer...

PS: Shoot the wad... does it mean what i think it does?

You really are bad mouthed when speaking of star wars...

Perhaps, but seeing Vader is the pivotal moment of the prequels. It's what we've been waiting for, what we've all wanted to see. It's what will make them complete. To be shown actual Vader footage months in advance (if this report is true) deflates that moment. The anticipation is being removed. We know what happens in this movie, and now to actually see it out of context with the film and the story devalues this reveal.

Or maybe I'm just negative.

Neil

I'd prefer the revelation of Vader to be dealt with as a surprise (relatively speaking), but LucasFilm is obviously making Vader's return the prime selling point of the movie. I'm sure that's in response to the mostly negative reaction too the first two movies.

John- who hasn't read the story on TFN and won't, waiting to actually see the trailer.

Well the guys over at TFN have a point saying that they need a big selling point to attract the general (non-fan) public.

sorry they have no point at all. This movie will do well at the boxoffice regardless of quality, see AOTC making 300+ million and it was not very good.

If by some chance Lucas makes a good, very good or great film, then the film will break 400 possibly 500 million.

Isn't there already some rough footage of Vader in Ep. III on the Star Wars Trilogy DVD?

Yup. There's a whole section on how they made the mask, plus raw footage of the duel between Anakin and Obi-wan. Looks to be pretty cool.

Well the guys over at TFN have a point saying that they need a big selling point to attract the general (non-fan) public.

sorry they have no point at all. This movie will do well at the boxoffice regardless of quality, see AOTC making 300+ million and it was not very good.

If by some chance Lucas makes a good, very good or great film, then the film will break 400 possibly 500 million.

If only that were true. Harry Potter 3 was better than the first two (IMO) but I don't think it made as much money at the box office. I'm not sure what the final figure was, but it seemed to be doing way less than the first two films.

Re: Vader. I always imagined that this third Star Wars would end with Anakin falling into the pit, Obi Wan looking grief-stricken and walking away, moments later a burned, disfigured hand appears over the edge, and Palpatine appears to pull him out and take him to Coruscant to be turned into Vader. THE END. I think the first actual appearance of Darth Vader should remain the opening of Star Wars where his appearance is so wonderfully cinematic. That excellent shot serves only to introduce Darth Vader to a stunned audience. There is no dialogue except for Vader's wheezing breathing. Even William's music hushes to a single pedal held-note until Vader marches off. If Lucas had kept it that way the audience may not have put together that Vader and Anakin were the same person, making the "Father" reveal at the end of Empire all the more poignant.

The Harry Potter 3 trailers showed way too much overall ,this is one rare instance I had seen a shot of practically EVERY scene in the film and it did somewhat hurt the movie IMO.So far the SW films have always kept most surprises for the films.

I think they want to reassure viewers that we will see Vader,and that he'll look exactly the same.Neil is partly right,but then again it's already no surprise to anyone midly interested in this film,and everyone knows what Vader looks like I don't see any harm in showing him in the Trailer...all depends how good the scenes he is in turn out to be.

Vader is very cool in Star Wars and ESB,but sort of lame in RotJ,so we'll see.

So,when do we regular folk,non-hyperspace members get to see this?

K.M.

K.M.

If only that were true. Harry Potter 3 was better than the first two (IMO) but I don't think it made as much money at the box office. I'm not sure what the final figure was, but it seemed to be doing way less than the first two films.

Yup. There's no accounting for taste.

The Harry Potter 3 trailers showed way too much overall ,this is one rare instance I had seen a shot of practically EVERY scene in the film

Yeah, definitely. At the time of watching new trailers and stuff, I didn't care as I was so excited to see every bit of it that I could. Then I realized that I had seen pretty much seen every little bit of it possible without actually seeing the entire film. I have little willpower when it comes to these things.

Ray Barnsbury

Vader is very cool in Star Wars and ESB,but sort of lame in RotJ,so we'll see.

I don't think Vader is too bad in ROTJ. Han Solo is pretty bad though. He's just too damn NICE in ROTJ. There's no trace of the cool dude from the first two. "Good luck. You're gonna need it..." come ON! Maybe Harrison was saving his "cool" for the Indiana Jones films. Although it's not as if Solo had much of any worth in the ROTJ script either. I think there should have been more bitterness between Solo and Lando. Then when Lando died in the Death Star assault (which should have been the Falcon's last flight!) Solo would have had some conflicting feelings of sadness and guilt. Yeah yeah. I know I'm not the Star Wars creator, but I just think ROTJ would have been a MUCH cooler film if it had had those elements.

Funny the link doesn't post the pics anymore,so I can't check that detail which I had not noticed.

It's too early to tell,but I hope the capital ships look more realistic than AotC.The Stardestroyers in the OT with thousands of fiber optic lights look real,and so far that seems difficult to match with CGI.

K.M.

The SSD in ESB looks like crap. I think it is the perspective but...

THe CGI xwings and ties and Millennium falcon are far better then the model ones, so im sure they will be great.

And in the videogames when there were CGI stardestroyers in cutscenes they were alo neatly done.

Meh! Screw Episode III. Give me Episode 7 with the fully force mastered Luke Skywalker kicking ass.

At least seeing Mark Hamill with a light saber in his hand again could get me psyched.

Funny the link doesn't post the pics anymore,so I can't check that detail which I had not noticed.

It's too early to tell,but I hope the capital ships look more realistic than AotC.The Stardestroyers in the OT with thousands of fiber optic lights look real,and so far that seems difficult to match with CGI.

K.M.

the only pix there after going through some pages are the ones from the com con, were those the ones you were talking about? i gather not!!

is it, or in two of the pix, hayden christensen looks really tired, are they still filming?? he looks as if he has massive bags under his eyes in one of the shots...

is it, or in two of the pix, hayden christensen looks really tired, are they still filming?? he looks as if he has massive bags under his eyes in one of the shots...

He finally finished watching AOTC.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Uh... That look like one of those poorly made fan-pictures of the Dementors that are around, and people thought that's what they would look like in the movie, despite several disclaimers (including one ON the actual image) saying it was a fan picture.

If you're looking forward to the revealing of Darth Vader in Ep. III, the one moment the entire prequel trilogy has been building up to, DON'T WATCH THAT TRAILER!!!

I really don't like that they're marketing this as "the return of Darth Vader". It would have been best if we wouldn't have seen it until the release of the film.

- Marc

If you're looking forward to the revealing of Darth Vader in Ep. III, the one moment the entire prequel trilogy has been building up to, DON'T WATCH THAT TRAILER!!!

I really don't like that they're marketing this as "the return of Darth Vader". It would have been best if we wouldn't have seen it until the release of the film.

8O

Funny though. When I say the exact same thing I'm just biased.

Neil

The first half second of that shot was mega-cool. Then I realized, "damn, that's what I've been looking forward to for almost three years, and now it's spoiled".

Reading about what'll be in the film is one thing, actually seeing it is something else.

As cool as the stuff in this trailer looks, I actually think it's the worst of the prequel trailers. Then again, the other trailers were excellent. This one just shows too much Vader. There's some other cool stuff in there, though.

- Marc

Wretched music edit at the end of it.

Yes.

The color of the scenes from Star Wars do not match the colors on the DVD.

Yes. Nor does the color in the footage from Ep. 1 and 2. You'd think with AotC being shot entirely in HD, they'd at least get that part right. :roll:

Oh, and Neil, I thought Star Wars had never been officially released on DVD. 8O