Description of ROTS teaser on TFN

ChrisAfonso

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Vader shots are being used to much for promotional purposes. It would have been better to save them, but I guess LF figured that was the best way to market the movie to non-SW people. And I agree about the music also, but music use in any of the prequel trailers has never been stellar.

But those quibbles aside, the trailer is awesome. But I liked the last two movies, so what do I know? 8O

No problem, Erik.  Just can't post links to copyrighted files that aren't yours.  Not a big deal.

Neil

Yeah,but I haven't seen the trailer and woyuld like o know where I can download it.

K.M.

Uh... That look like one of those poorly made fan-pictures of the Dementors that are around, and people thought that's what they would look like in the .

It's the real deal,and I wish people would stop that kind of instant anti-SW comment just for the hell of it..I think it IS cool,and better than I would have expected.

K.M.

KM: theforce.net is a good resource.

I don't like the look of most of the set dressing here. The interior shots look about as good as the crap I pumped out of 3d studio max after using the software for a day. As people have mentioned, just an abysmal music edit right at the end. What were they thinking?

All that aside, it is really cool to see footage from the last SW film. Sidious looks amazing, Hayden looks positively evil in the duel. All things considered, it is quite a good trailer. I went from knowing the film would suck to being reasonably sure it will suck.

No problem, Erik.  Just can't post links to copyrighted files that aren't yours.  Not a big deal.

Neil

Yeah,but I haven't seen the trailer and woyuld like o know where I can download it.

K.M.

LINK DELETED BY MODERATOR

In the future, please do not post direct links to copyrighted files. That's in the rules.

Neil

Thank you 3.I got it finally.Boy that Hyperspace membership is useless then.

Ian Mc.Diarmid is going to kick ass.He's the best thing in the prequels so far.

K.M.

It's the real deal,and I wish people would stop that kind of instant anti-SW comment just for the hell of it..I think it IS cool,and better than I would have expected.

I don't like the appearence of him. That's it. No negative comments about the prequels, in fact I haven't much interest in any Star Wars movies period. I've only seen all of them once. I have the score for ESB and it is divine. I think you need to stop taking people's opinions as personal attacks. Besides, I was saying that the Dementor pictures weren't real, not this one. Geez...

K.M.

thats like saying green shit is better than brown shit, its still shit

K.M.

thats like saying green shit is better than brown shit, its still shit

No Joe, brown shit's better than green shit. I would be seriously worried if my shit turned green.

- Marc, ;)

Neil

Of course you downloaded it (from this or another source...)

;) Nevertheless i found another server, and 90 % done

Neil

Of course you downloaded it (from this or another source...)

;) Nevertheless i found another server, and 90 % done

Everyone who has seen it on their computer has downloaded it.

Neil - who has seen it twice theatrically

You are a freak, arent you?

Luke, who if he were neil, i would have steped into the cinema right after the trailer.

You cannot resist, face it and enjoy the movie ;)

Green shit is better than brown shit. As gorilas, rabbits or elephants or any other animal that for different reasons eat low digested vegetal matter ;)

Well, it's not surprising Neil has seen it twice theatrically already. Seeing how he works in a theatre and all.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!!

Neil - who realized last night he had two trailers play in a row with Wiilliams music. ROTS and Christmas with the Kranks

Wow. This time Williams really gets the credit he deserves. The trailer ends with the credits, and guess whose name is there bigger than ever? Well, actually besides the starring actors, they only credit Williams, Lucas and the producer Rick McCallum.

Nice.

-Snowster

It will be a minor part of the movie.Better than another tribe of Ewoks or Gungans.Looks cool in the trailer IMO.I am beginning to get more convinced this might be a very good Start Wars movie.I was waiting for a few images to confirm my feeling about what I read so far and now I'm pretty sure.There seems like one hell of a space battle too.The Emperor seen in the trailer is way more disturbing than Darth Maul was,I a;ready can't wait for his action figure!

K.M.

It seems like in the RotS trailer that they have gone with a post Episode IV Vader suit. If this is the case then I will be disappointed as he looked his best in Star Wars.

There was a story going around years ago about how Luke's father (before he was known as Anakin) became Darth Vader, that during a fight with Obi Wan he fell into lava (or some space equivalant) thereby completing his turn to the dark side. It was a popular although denied by GL and it would be great if GL has made this into reality as bubbling lava is seen in the trailer.

Its a good trailer.

Then again ANYONE can cut a good trailer. Look at TPM.

However, I am withholding final judgement for now.

At this point I am hoping really for a film which is at least a major step up from TPM and AOTC. I dont think I am expecting TOO MUCH with those expecations.

It seems like in the RotS trailer that they have gone with a post Episode IV Vader suit. If this is the case then I will be disappointed as he looked his best in Star Wars.

Nitpicking.

There was a story going around years ago about how Luke's father (before he was known as Anakin) became Darth Vader, that during a fight with Obi Wan he fell into lava (or some space equivalant) thereby completing his turn to the dark side. It was a popular although denied by GL and it would be great if GL has made this into reality as bubbling lava is seen in the trailer.

Obvoulsly you must not have read any spoilers.

K.M.

Nothing wrong with nitpicking. But ANH costume,ESB costume...there basically the same.I only noticed the difference in the breastplate just recently.I fail to see how this can ruin the movie.

K.M.

Nitpicking.

Obvoulsly you must not have read any spoilers.

K.M.

No. I haven't read any spoilers. And I don't think I nitpick although remember the scene when Luke sees the Falcon for the first time "What a piece of junk". Hello...wheres the radar dish? ;)

Maybe just a little critical

I just love that right now as we speak (9-4) Pacific Time - Mr. Williams is composing his last Star Wars score - just for us ;), he is actually thinking of all this shit up right now that in 1 year we will mostly have memorized and listened to 50 times.

Just saw the trailer. Looks good compared to Attack of The Clones, is all I have to say. Wait- also who designed and did the hair and makeup for Hayden should be have his heart taken out. With a spoon.

I am beginning to get more convinced this might be a very good Start Wars movie.I was waiting for a few images to confirm my feeling about what I read so far and now I'm pretty sure.

I agree. In the trailer we learned there are going to be bad musical edits and lots of CGI.

Looks like Lucas got this one right!

Justin

I am beginning to get more convinced this might be a very good Start Wars movie.I was waiting for a few images to confirm my feeling about what I read so far and now I'm pretty sure.

I agree. In the trailer we learned there are going to be bad musical edits and lots of CGI.

Looks like Lucas got this one right!

Justin

You are wise beyond your years. :mrgreen:

Neil

It was a melting pit, and i think it is in Obi Wan's explanation in ROJ novelization.

I think it has always been a volcanic world, but im not sure when could be the offical prof of that.

I have never read GL denying Anakin was burned to death (almost)

PS: Neil, you can always close you eyes and tap your ears when you put the tralier to show. :mrgreen:

Neil, you can always close you eyes and tap your ears when you put the tralier to show. :mrgreen:

Remind me to never take any advice from you on how to run a quality presentation.

Neil

Neil can't avoid any of the prequel stuff, if he did then what would he have to complain about?  ;)

The lack of original versions on DVD, of course. :mrgreen:

Neil

No, the end of the trailer doesn't PROVE that the film will be full of musical edits. It was probably done by some amateur sound editors, not the same ones responsible for the soundtrack in the movie.

I'm not saying there won't be lousy edits...but I don't think we're going to get edits as bad as the one at the end of the trailer.

This trailer is awesome! How any of can think it sucks is beyond me. Other than the crappy music edit at the very end, this trailer has done nothing but re-confirm my suspicions that this movie may even be second only to ESB. I had to pause and re-watch that Sidious clip over and over! DAMN! And accoding to some scipt leaks I read... he is going to be demolsihing some major @$$!!!!

To date, my list using a **** rating:

1. ESB ****

2. ROTJ ***1/2

3. ANH ***1/2

4. TPM ***

5. AOTC ***

Prediction: ROTS will fall between 1 & 3. We'll see.

I think RotS will easily beat the other two prequels, but not make a dent in the Original Trilogy...well, Star Wars and ESB anyway. It just doesn't seem feasible that George Lucas could go, in quality of filmmaking, from a movie like AotC to a movie like ESB in three years.

I had trouble finding it, but when I did, I could never get it to load properly and I kept getting an explores error shut down towards the end.

It certainly gives alot away. the birth of Vader looks cheesy, but I did like the wookies in their Klingon outfits.

It borrows from the best of the Star Wars films, Star Wars, but it still looks like animated overkill. Perhaps lucas will be like a swimmer at the olympics who messed up his last 3 dives and somehow nails his last.

I had trouble finding it, but when I did, I could never get it to load properly and I kept getting an explores error shut down towards the end.

Joe, right click the link and choose, "Save this file as" and then just download it to your computer to watch outside of Explorer.

Neil

Yes,I had the same problem.Do as Neil says.

Even the most cynical anti-prequel members must be slightly enthousiastic by Ep 3 due to this trailer...Neil,Rogue?

K.M.

Even the most cynical anti-prequel members must be slightly enthousiastic by Ep 3 due to this trailer...Neil,Rogue?

Not particularly. I know I'm not getting suckered again. Remember the "Breathing" teaser for AOTC? It featured that one shot of Slave 1 firing right at the camera. I thought it was really cool. Well when the scene actually makes it to the movie, it's surrounded by dialogue like, "Get him dad, get him!" and we realize that Jango Fett, the prototype for an ideal army of clones, can fire 80 billion times at one ship and maybe hit it 3 times. The same thing is going to happen here. We'll see a cool shot of something in a trailer, only to have it surrounded by other junk that takes away anything special that it had.

Neil