Description of ROTS teaser on TFN

ChrisAfonso

Even the most cynical anti-prequel members must be slightly enthousiastic by Ep 3 due to this trailer...Neil,Rogue?

Not particularly. I know I'm not getting suckered again. Remember the "Breathing" teaser for AOTC? It featured that one shot of Slave 1 firing right at the camera. I thought it was really cool. Well when the scene actually makes it to the movie, it's surrounded by dialogue like, "Get him dad, get him!" and we realize that Jango Fett, the prototype for an ideal army of clones, can fire 80 billion times at one ship and maybe hit it 3 times. The same thing is going to happen here. We'll see a cool shot of something in a trailer, only to have it surrounded by other junk that takes away anything special that it had.

Neil

You have a very clear view about it, Neil.

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POSSIBLE INADVERTANT SPOILER CONTAINED HEREIN!!!!

I got a question.....

....when haven't I?.......

During the trailer there is a brief shot of Obi-Wan obviously reacting in extreme pain to something that Anakin - who is is VERY close proximity - has just done......looks almost mortally wounded.....

....anyone know what the hell this is about? Is there some clue that I have missed somewhere???

It's only a question - but may contain a spoiler if you have not seen the trailer yet, or refuse to see anything befoore the opening of the actual movie.....

Anyone who is trying to avoid spoilers while reading a thread titled, "Description of ROTS teaser on TFN" gets what they deserve. And Obi Wan Kenobi does not die in this movie. I can assure you of that. ;)

Neil

Good point well made.....

I think Obi-Wan dies and.....

....OK - maybe not......

But there is surely something there - the look he makes looks as though he has had a lightsabre shoved through him or something.....

.....thinks......we were promised an explanation as to how Obi-Wan disappeared when he died in Star Wars but Qui-Gon did not in TPM.....

......I wonder - could there be a connection here?

What are you talking about?

Do you mean this shot?

Because that's just a reverse angle of this one.

Anakin is bending Obi-Wan's hand so the sabre slashes Obi-Wan. I assume Obi-Wan is looking all weak, because it's a pretty tough fight, and he's getting his ass kicked. And someone's towering over him, trying to kill him, you know.

Can't find any other shots that might fit the discription you gave. :|

- Marc

No - not that one.....there....is...another........

Bit of a novice at this - will see if I can get a screen shot of it somehow.....

It's just before that bit - there's a shot of 2 large ships half-blowing up, then the shot I am on about, then a shot of an x-wing (ish), then the shots you have captured....

Well it's clear to me that there is a hand around Obi Wan's throat.

Neil - 100% positive Obi Wan lives through this movie (though I expect a name change at least before the twins are born)

Obi Wan does indeed die at the end of Episode 3,but not before he cloned himself.The clone Obi Wan goes by the name of Ben and escapes to Tatooine.

K.M.

If the presure in your wrist is hard enough, you cannot move it. Plus i noticed that he is also being choked (with a mechanicla arm which may be stronger than a normal one).

Anyway, since Obi wan wins the match he maybe was just letting anakin think it was easy... :|

Is Anakin that strong that Obi can't move his lightsaber a little so Skywalker gets decapitated? It seems to be doable.  

rots2.jpg

Anakin gets decapitated!? Ah, the Vader suit would make any sense then.

Is Anakin that strong that Obi can't move his lightsaber a little so Skywalker gets decapitated? It seems to be doable.

Yes, but apparently, Obi-Wan was having a bad-Force-day at the time.

Do you mean this one?

rots-teaser-obiwan.jpg

Looks to me as if Anakin tries to throttle Obi-Wan...

That's the bunny! Though when I viewed it on the little jalopy at work I didn't spot the hand......it is obvious now......

Greg :-)

Someone might've already mentioned this, but did anyone notice the break in the music at the end of the trailer? When the credits pop up at the end, the music abruptly ceases and it sounds poorly put together.

When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master. :?

rots-teaser-obiwan.jpg

That would make a great trailer/teaser, BTW. Just show snippets of a fight where Obi-Wan is seemingly biting the dust. Then the viewer sees the image turn to darkness, we only hear the famous words, "When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master", followed by the title, Revenge Of The Sith.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Someone might've already mentioned this, but did anyone notice the break in the music at the end of the trailer?  When the credits pop up at the end, the music abruptly ceases and it sounds poorly put together.

I don't think anyone could've missed that.