www.ugo.com/channels/music/features/challenge/

Hlao-roo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the crappy stuff they put in there is what is throwing everybody off. At least on some of those you might be able to widdle down the possibilities.

I'm gradually working my way through the "Spy" question. I've had it 3 times now, and I know it isn't I Spy, The Game, or Spy Game. Next time I'll try Spy Kids! Grrrr! Must keep telling myself it's only a game. It's only a game. It's only a game!!!!

WHOO-HOO!!! 660.... just twenty damn points shy of the leaderboard... NUTS!

must..... try..... again.... Damn you, Alan!!!

EDIT: :|:) :spiny: TOP SCORE, YEAH BABY!

Ken, your short-lived reign is at an end, I'm afraid! All's fair in love and war, etc. etc.

Amazing what you can do with a few Erich Kunzel CDs and Danny Elfman's Music for a Darkened Theater.

Damien :thumbup:bowdownbowdown

2120?!?! bowdown

My top score is still 500. 320 without the bonus question. bowdown

I have been looking for some of the music from that contest. Hard to find some proper mp3's on the internet. I did get an awesome track from Starship Troopers though. Poledouris kicks ass! :thumbup:

- Marc, who wants Burn It All from Zimmer's Backdraft badly.

2120?!?! bowdown

That's the top score. "bkl" is second place, presumably "Big Ken Little".

Nice going, Ken!

Neil

Yes, I gathered. Very good as well, obviously.

But 2120 is a wee bit more than I can handle. :P

- Marc, who wants Burn It All from Zimmer's Backdraft badly.

:thumbup:bowdown

Indeed. If you - or anyone else - have an mp3 of that track, please PM me.

- Marc

You really get to know these obscure questions after a while. Though I'm still thrilled when I get CE3K or ET or Jaws and can idenitify it within a millisecond.

Ray Barnsbury

Ken, your short-lived reign is at an end, I'm afraid!  All's fair in love and war, etc. etc.

Amazing what you can do with a few Erich Kunzel CDs and Danny Elfman's Music for a Darkened Theater.

Damien  :devil:  :P  ;)

Damn you, Damien!!!! Time to dig out the ole VHS tapes and the LPs... I will regain my crown!!!! :baaa:

EDIT VICTORY OR DEATH! VICTORY! :P

I picked out Backdraft a mile away; I'd never seen the movie or heard the score but I knew Zimmer wrote the score. Those trademark strings are recognisable anywhere.

Was very excited with the CE3K, Jaws and ET questions, but you'd think they'd find something more obscure than the Raiders March...

I recognized it from the Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park trailers. :devil:

Same as I recognized Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story from the Forrest Gump trailer (I actually looked that one up). :baaa:

I picked out Backdraft a mile away; I'd never seen the movie or heard the score but I knew Zimmer wrote the score. Those trademark strings are recognisable anywhere.  

Same here. Actually, I didn't know Zimms did the score, but it sounded like an MV type of film. And the music was "classic" MV.

Ray Barnsbury

Ken' date=' your short-lived reign is at an end, I'm afraid! All's fair in love and war, etc. etc.

Amazing what you can do with a few Erich Kunzel CDs and Danny Elfman's [i']Music for a Darkened Theater.

Damien :P:P;)

Damn you, Damien!!!! Time to dig out the ole VHS tapes and the LPs... I will regain my crown!!!! :devil:

EDIT VICTORY OR DEATH! VICTORY! ;)

Enough, Sir, I concede! Just make the synthesized chords and guitar riffs stop, I beg of you! :baaa:

• 6 months later...

Hah! I revisited this and placed at #40 (CRJ) on the Leaderboard. 330 without the bonus question....would've made top 10 with it!

Ray Barnsbury - who thinks it's still fun and strangely addictive

Really wonderfully addictive. Thanks for bumping this. :music:

Those damn guitar riffs are still there, though. ;)

- Marc, who needs to get some more Poledouris.

• 2 years later...

480, although something wasn't right. One of the tunes was from ROTS and I clicked ROTS and it said I was wrong... ;)

I missed the bonus, I have no idea about any of those songs.

If they are going to include Zimmr's scores they need to mix them with other MV/RC scores because the first note or two gives it away.

I wish the video game section actually had good video game music. Not 12-bit scores from SNES.

EDIT: O.K. eff this stupid quiz garbage. My highest score was 45. Half of the time the stupid clip doesn't load so I always have to refresh and start over, and they always choose random scores that no one listens too.