www.ugo.com/channels/music/features/challenge/

Hlao-roo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed the bonus. Alright I guess, I'm really not that versed in movie music so I missed a lot of low key scores that I'm sure most of you guys could have gotten.

Is it just me, or is the Novice category harder than the Expert? And I just got this clip, and of course, it was very obvious that the cue was by Elfman. My options are Spider-Man, Hulk, Darkman, Batman, and Batman Returns. :)

Actually it can be too easy at times. Trevor Rabin, Zimmer or Rc scores are easily recognized just by the notes. Also looking at the titles and the mood of the music might help as well. The only reason I got Resident Evil was because of the other titles listed. The music didn't seem like it would fit... :)

There are one or two that get me, like the Mad Max scores because I'm not familair with them. And I got burned on some of the new horror films. Newer techno/synth scores also get me.

I found the MV/RC questions the hardest, since the clip they give could apply to any of the choices. ;)

Each score is unique and different in their own qualities. Your inability to distinguish them just shows you know nothing of the subject matter.

One could argue all of John Williams' scores sound the same. But they don't, why? Style. Same applies to Hans.