Lucas can revise the original trilogy all he want now...

...it's no longer my problem.

after months of looking i finally recieved a great set of DVD bootlegs of the pre 97 versions, great picture, great sound.

Contrary to expectations I can now die a happy man.

Stefancos- who will now watch TESB, without Luke screaming like a girl when jumping in the deep. 8)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Widescreen and Dolby Digital? Funny enough, I just tried to find more info about those DVDs earlier today. Any hints on where to find them?

Marian - who will see AOTC tomorrow.

NP: Walton: Henry V Suite (LPO, Carl Davis)

I got mine from eBay.nl.

took a bit of searching.

eBay.com or eBay.de are much bigger, so i'm sure it will be easier to find them there.

Stefancos- who tried eBay.de, but gave up. (who ever said German and Dutch were the same is an idiot) :?

Oh, ebay. I know they're available in certain Asian online stores, but I don't know which of these to trust...

Marian - who from his little experience thinks that Dutch reads like German, but sounds like English.

Oh, ebay. I know they're available in certain Asian online stores, but I don't know which of these to trust...

Well, the ones I have were taken from the asian laserdiscs, they have several asian subs, and english.

Marian - who from his little experience thinks that Dutch reads like German, but sounds like English.

Dutch sounds like English?

Hmmm...çan't imagine that myself.

Stefancos- who thinks german is a more "throaty" version of Dutch, with overpronounced R's and G's, not to mention redundant letters. :wink:

No, it doesn't sound like English. But many words that look like German are partly pronounced as if they were English. If that makes sense to you. :lol:

Marian - who thinks German is a clumsy language.

I'd need a Laserdisc player first in order to play Laserdiscs... :lol:  

Marian - who paid a lot for his DVD player.

For shame, not having a laser disc player. I've had one now for at least 11 years, and I love the format. I can watch legit versions of The Star Wars Trilogy and The Indiana Jones Trilogy as well as the original versions of Superman - The Movie and Star Trek - The Motion Picture.

Neil

Bah, i'll wait for a SVCD version :lol:

Morn - Who likes their near DVD quality

My friend Steef, King of whatever you want (at last while you remain in your country), have I ever told you how much I would enjoy having those bootlegs?? I guess, yes.

:oops:

Toxo, who´s back, though he never was in. And who´s real name is Doctor Palbo.

Well, I got the last release of the SW trilogy on VHS and saw them yesterday and loved them! I only went to go see the "Special Edition" of Star Wars in the theatre, and never went back to see The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi. I need to get a hold of those and watch them all over again.

Dan - whose become a bigger SW fan, thanks to Episode II

:lol: "Ann and Gabriel" from The Patriot

I still have faith that Mr. Lucas will bring a final triumphant close to the Star Wars Saga with a set of DVDs featuring the original un-tocuhed, and SE versions.

Just in case though, I have the THX re-mastered ANH on Laserdisc.

Discouraging News From TheForce.Net:

Sam sends us this note:  

Not sure if you have seen this yet, but in the new issue of Star Wars Insider, George Lucas doubts he will include the original theatrical versions of the 1977-1983 trilogy on DVD. He says that, for him, the special editions are the finished versions.  

And Bryan Wahrer of Alderaan Online follows up with this exact quote:  

'Asked if there's a possibility of including the original versions as alternate tracks, to show the evolution of the films, showcase the state-of-the-art of the era, and preserve film history, Lucas said simply, "I don't think so. I think of the film as The Special Edition. I don't think of it as the early version, any more than I would put early rough cuts on.... I consider The Special Edition as being the final version at this point. I don't even worry about the other ones, because it went through a lot of incarnations to get to the final stage."'

I don't know about you but I will probably be checking eBay for a good deal. I'm losing faith in Lucas. :cry:

Jake - AI 2CD Promo for the 2nd time.

Well, I've read a report that contraries that. I've heard that a mega DVD release might be in the works at Lucasfilm for 2006, with the entire sexology. (is that the right word??)

Dan - who hopes this is true........and believes it shall be

:) "A Gift for Little Miss" from Bicentennial Man (Horner)

Director, there is no doubt that Lucas will put all films on DVD and there will be an inevitable 6 film set in a few years. The point of contention is that the Original Theatrical versions will not be on DVD. Instead we may only see the "Special Editions" that were released to theaters in 1997 or an even further tampered "Archival Edition." Only these SE versions are available for purchase as Lucas has tried to pull all previous copies off the shelves.

Since there is much distaste among fans of these for the newer versions, there will definitely be a demand for these bootlegged DVDs.

Jake - who guards his THX remastered widescreen boxed set with his life.

Jake - who guards his THX remastered widescreen boxed set with his life.

Much fear, I sense, in you.

Dan - who will do the same with his

:( "Love Theme from Attack Of The Clones"

I also try to take care of my SW trilogy. I have the ones released in 1995, in widescreen. But I think Lucas did not use the best tape there is... sometimes the stereo goes away :thumbup:

Hector - who´s not happy about that.

Damn!! I must have these!!!

::goes straight to Ebay::

-Rogue Leader who would blow some one away just to get a copy of A New Hope where GREEDO DOES NOT SHOOT FIRST!!! :thumbup:

I only have the original versions of the trilogy taped from TV, with German dub and commercial breaks. However, I seem to be one of the few persons that are actually happy with their Special Edition box set :P

-Chris

:angry: Evita (Webber)