Canadian Harry Potter DVD Box Set Question

Lurker

I just checked out Amazon.ca for the Harry Potter collection of the three movies and the box set seems to be including Sorcerer's Stone and not Philosopher's Stone. Is this correct? Isn't the movie called Philosopher's Stone in Canada?

Neil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil, what's the difference between the two exactly, apart from the title? (And forgive me my ignorance.)

Just the title and alternate takes where the stone is named.

Neil

And yet I still don't have an answer for this. Maybe I'll just have to wait until the set is out and people in Canada can actually see it in person. I'm sure Big Ken will catch a glimpse of a few before he douses them in gasoline and sets them on fire. :nono:

Neil

Two arses? Nothing compared to the man with three buttocks.

And at least the regular Canadian release of the first movie has Philosopher's Stone.

Marian - who has that one and therefore doesn't need the set. :nono:

• 3 weeks later...
To the knowledgeable: will there be a box for the first three Potter films in region 2, more specifically, in Belgium/Holland?

Thanks!

No, there will not be a Dutch trio boxset release.

But Bruna is offering a special box to hold the first three parts in if you buy the third film there. I don't know whether you can order it online (I couldn't find it), but you can check here if there's a store near you. You might have to take a little trip into the Netherlands for this. If you don't have the first two films yet, you will have to purchase those seperately as well.

- Marc

Very often, box sets have the U.S. packaging since it's more expensive to change it. I didn't see yet what is happening with HP. I want to get the box set but want the Canadian version of the first one (for the original title), and the U.S. version of the last two (because I hate seeing a mpale leaf on something not Canadian.

I haven't previously bought the other two movies because I was waiting for a definitive set to come out. Since Williams won't be scoring the next ones, I'll stop at the first three.

I saw the box set. The morons at Warner simply repackaged the cardboard boxes of the first two movies with the plastic box of the third one. They could have repackaged them so they would match! 8O

Maybe they just realized that Sorcerer's Stone is a better title.

Only if you completely disregard the fact that there isn't any actual ancient legend revolving around a "Sorcerer's" stone.