The Best Zimmer Score Vs. The Worst Williams Score

Lurker

Is Hans Zimmer's Best Score Better Than John Williams' Worst Score?  

62 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't underestimate Zimmer's musical knowledge. This description of Angels & Demons by SoundtrackNet made the score seem like a masterpiece. I want to go back and listen to it again. I never saw the electronics as depicting the science with the violin and orchestra depicting religion. I also want to know what a musical ambigram is because he hid one in the score.

I don't see much about musical knowledge in that press release. A musical ambigram should probably just be a palindrome, a phrase that is the same played forwards or backwards.

That said, I enjoy parts of the third POTC score and DVC more than I enjoy Sabrina.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't underestimate Zimmer's musical knowledge. This description of Angels & Demons by SoundtrackNet made the score seem like a masterpiece. I want to go back and listen to it again. I never saw the electronics as depicting the science with the violin and orchestra depicting religion. I also want to know what a musical ambigram is because he hid one in the score.
This film score required an entirely different musical approach than the score for The Da Vinci Code.
Since Angels & Demons is equally about religion and science, Zimmer represents religion with the combination of orchestra and chorus and used electronics to denote science.

;)

I haven't heard all of either composer's work, and I don't know if I've heard a Zimmer score that I would call "better" than a Williams score, so I can't really vote. But I've certainly heard individual Zimmer cues that I preferred over individual Williams cues.

"Chevaliers de Sangreal" from The Da Vinci Code is a better cue than "Bumper #1" from Amazing Stories: Volume One. Yes, I'm serious!

It's not a palindrome, the palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob!

;)

And as much as I love that line, and quote it whenever somebody says "palindrome", it's actually wrong.

"Chevaliers de Sangreal" from The Da Vinci Code is a better cue than "Bumper #1" from Amazing Stories: Volume One. Yes, I'm serious!

But does Patricide top Banning Back Home?