John Williams Quiz

Josh500

1. Which actress has (up until now) played leading roles ONLY in movies scored by John Williams???

2. Which actor has played leading roles in movies scored by JW EIGHT times???

3. Which director has worked with John Williams a total of 6 times??? (Hint: Not Steven Spielberg, not George Lucas, not Oliver Stone)

JOSH :music:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice questions. Pretty tough

1. Emma Watson? Given the recent events on HP this would explain the up till now comment. I'm sure there's another answer to this though.

2. Harrison Ford. Star Wars x 3, Indie x 3, Presumed Innocent and Sabrina

3. Er not sure about this one. Chris Columbus has served as director with Williams 5 times (HP 1+2, Home Alone 1+2, Stepmom) and then once as producer, does that count. The question does not say he's always serving as director.

2 is Ford.

3 Might be Delbert Mann (including TV works), but I sincerely doubt it (I can only think of 3 of his). Columbus is 5, Altman is 3-4 (not sure how many TV movies they did). I must come to the conclusion that there is no director Williams has worked with 6 times.

I also can't think of an actress who's played the lead only in JW movies.

Yeah, I was thinking Carrie Fisher too. Has she ever done any real leading lady stuff outside of the Star Wars trilogy?

2 is obviously Harrison Ford

3 I don't know.

EDIT: A search on IMDB lists three directors Williams is credited with 6 times, but all works are for TV.

They are:

Earl Bellamy

- Bachelor Father (1957)

- M Squad (1957)

- Tales of Wells Fargo (1957)

- Wagon Train (1957)

- The Virginian (1962)

- Kraft Suspense Theatre (1963)

Herschel Daugherty

- General Electric Theater (1953)

- Wagon Train (1957)

- Checkmate (1960)

- Alcoa Premiere (1961)

- The Virginian (1962)

- The Time Tunnel (1966)

Bernard Girard

- M Squad (1957)

- Wagon Train (1957)

- Checkmate (1960)

- Alcoa Premiere (1961)

- The Virginian (1962)

- Kraft Suspense Theatre (1963)

IMDB of course, leaves something to be desired, especially when it comes to Television work. It's just that he's credited alongside these three directors, it doesn't mean he actually worked with them. You'll even find Lourent Bouzereau is credited most often along with Williams, except for Steven Spielberg, while all Willliams' music in Bouzereau's work is of course tracked from Spielberg films.

You'll also find other occasions for this (for instance, there's a Malcolm in the Middle in there somewhere, because they used music from Raiders in one episode).

So this is the best I can do on question three.

- Marc, :music:

He quite possibly never worked with any of those directors, they happened to direct an episode of those TV shows, and he happened to score an episode. The chances that they worked together multiple times is actually very slim.

3 - Irwin Allen? Towering Inferno, Poseidon, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnell......erm......ermmmm........OK, maybe not....bseides, I think Irwin Allen was more Producer than Director on most of those....

1-Kate Capshaw

K.M.

who only remembers Kate Capshaw in ToD and Spacecamp right now

I think we have a winner.

2 is definately Ford. 3 is probably Columbus, counting his producer credit on PoA.

3 - Irwin Allen? Towering Inferno, Poseidon, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnell......erm......ermmmm........OK, maybe not....bseides, I think Irwin Allen was more Producer than Director on most of those....

JW scored some episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

K.M.*Goes Check "TV Works" section*

He quite possibly never worked with any of those directors, they happened to direct an episode of those TV shows, and he happened to score an episode. The chances that they worked together multiple times is actually very slim.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. :oops:

- Marc, :|

1. Emma Watson. She's a girl to be envied. She's the only actress who's played leads ONLY in movies scored by JW. Up until now. I think she's got a great career ahead of her.

2. Harrison Ford.

3. Chris Columbus. On HP3 he acted as producer as well as an uncredited co-director. I think JW really enjoys working with CC and that part of the reason he agreed to do HP3 is because CC was still on board.

Good guessing, everybody!!! :|

3. Chris Columbus. On HP3 he acted as producer as well as an uncredited co-director.

Whoa, boy. Co-director? Isn't that a bit of a stretch? He just supervised Cuaron, and that's very noticeable on-screen.

I think JW really enjoys working with CC and that part of the reason he agreed to do HP3 is because CC was still on board.

On that I agree.

3. Chris Columbus. On HP3 he acted as producer as well as an uncredited co-director.

There is no proof about this, just some rumblings over at the HP forums.

1. Emma Watson. She's a girl to be envied. She's the only actress who's played leads ONLY in movies scored by JW. Up until now. I think she's got a great career ahead of her.

:

Those kids probably don't realise the importance of having their personnal JW music written just for them.That will stay with the for the rest of their lives,and come of importance when JW is finally recognised as the second coming of Mozart by future critics.

K.M.Who wishes he was the star of a JW scored movie.

Even if they don't realize the importance of having been in movies scored by JW, they eventually will. I think right now they're too caught up in their own stardom, which is quite understandable.

That will stay with the for the rest of their lives,and come of importance when JW is finally recognised as the second coming of Mozart by future critics.

I'm sorry, but that was Korngold.

Marian - :)

:

Those kids probably don't realise the importance of having their personnal JW music written just for them.That will stay with the for the rest of their lives,and come of importance when JW is finally recognised as the second coming of Mozart by future critics.

K.M.Who wishes he was the star of a JW scored movie.

That has to be, without the tiniest shadow of doubt, the single most geeky and fanboyish thing I have read this month.