Hook sold on Ebay

Alawill

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't pay anything for a boot. It's no less legal if you pay for it. You may as well get it for free, it's still stealing. Not being the legal nut here, but when you can get something for free, why pay for it? Especially becasue if you pay for it, more than one person are being ripped off.

Yes,the MASTER TAPES ARE ROTTING IN FILM STUDIOS.tHAT'S MORE A CRIME THAN AQUIRING A BOOTLEG OF IT.

k.m.wHO INVERSED HIS KEYBOARD BUT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE tYOPING HIS POST AGAIN

Pressed CD set?

Yes it's the "official" pressed CD set. I also have the "official" Sugarland Express/Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, although the sound quality on that is terrible! I think that one cost me about 40 bucks too. The amazing thing isn't the poor sound quality, but the fact that these were released at all. All I can think is that someone working at the studios got their hands on the master tapes and made themselves a copy on the quiet, then made the boot. How else could these tracks have got out?

I too, bought pressed bootlegs for $35-75 a pop until I found out that they were bootlegs (Monsignor Records' Monsignor/Missouri Breaks, Eastwick Records' Witches of Eastwick, Johnny Boy's Posidedon Adventure, Concorde's Hook, ect.). I thought I was getting rare, limited edition promos that would be worth mad dough! The @$$e$! When I got internet access in 2000 and found this site and others, I quickly realized that they are boots. Further boots were aquired (pressed or CDRs) via trades after that.

-Chris, Who feels that boots serve a good purpose only if the material is unreleased, long out-of-print, or for sampling purposes, and hates people who steal commercial releases (AKA just collect music for free and never buy legit releases).