How much money does JW make?

Josh500

Also, John Williams had already five Oscars in his pocket when he did TPM, Horner won his first for Titanic . . . that's gotta mean something!!! And I think the percentage of what Williams and Horner earn from album sales is different . . .

Even though TITANIC was a monster hit, that doesn't necessarily mean that Horner got the lion's share of the money.

:)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that horner made at least 6 Million off of Titanic, since he got a cut on the CD's from the song which was almost NOT in the movie!

I heard that horner made at least 6 Million off of Titanic, since he got a cut on the CD's from the song which was almost NOT in the movie!

The figure I recall reading was closer to $20 million.

Neil

The figure I recall reading was closer to $20 million.

Neil

Should Horner even get credit for helping to sell those CDs, since I bet the vast majority of them were bought just for that song.

The song was out on single, so if people wanted just the song it would have been cheaper just to get that.

Also, Horner wrote the music for that song.

So to answer your queation.

YES!

Without James Horner there would not be a Heart To Go On. :mrgreen:

He wrote the song. Funded the demo recording! Secretly so the director did not know - he deserves all the credit! It was a last minute addition. I just heard six million figure from someone in town.