Illayaraja - The greatest film music composer ever?

yperelman

Illayaraja - The greatest film music composer ever?  

13 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is like a bad Seinfeld episode, which is to say it's like a Seinfeld episode.

"Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie. And if I have to tell you again, I'm gonna take you outside and show you what it's like. Do you understand me? Now, shut your mouths or else I'll shut them for you... and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because, I would LOVE IT!"

Justin

It seems that this Illayaraja is the new Michael Giacchino!

As a matter of fact, I think we should call this "The Official Illayaraja Thread".

Sad to see so many pointless messages...

much like the thread itself,

really in a way this whole thing is an insult,

coming here and telling us that this guy is the greatest ever, when most of us here consider John the greatest, so really what do you expect. As a point of interest, it might interest some, but he's not John, he never will be John, and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

yperelman,

You would have had a much better response if you presented this composer as someone we may be interested in, rather than the best ever. Considering there is very minimal material with which to judge by, it is difficult to even get an understanding of the guy.

Everyone here, I believe, are open to alternative forms of music to listen to and maybe gain a new appreciation for different composers. But not in a JW forum by saying that he is the best.

Maybe you should start over.

Why post this thread here?

1. I am a JW fan myself.

2. I thought people visiting this site ( this being a film music forum) would be interested in exploring film music, even when they do not belong to familiar territory.

I guess I erred on the second point. I never thought JW fans would be so parochial.

Sad to see so many pointless messages...

Welcome to my world. :music:

Neil

We give you a piece of our lives, Indy. That should mean something to you.

I want to apologize to everyone for this thread. I'm taking the blame, because I'm the person who moved it from the "Trading Board" to the "General Discussion" area. I take full responsibility for that.

Neil

BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN! BAN!

I guess I erred on the second point. I never thought JW fans would be so parochial.

Are you kidding, some people here won't even accept Jerry Goldsmith as a viable equel to Williams.

Or even Vangelis, sheesh.